ORAS Ubers Because I like Mawile

Anyway, I'm pretty new to Uber in general, and I made this team for the sole reason of using Mega Mawile. So, comment?
Fishie thingy (Kyogre) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Sunbro (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Rock Polish

Only Uber for this (Mawile) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Arceus @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Burning Chicken (Blaziken) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Blaze Kick

So... let's start

Fishie thingy (Kyogre) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
The status sponger - Xerneas phaser - Special Tanker one. Standard RestTalk Kyogre. With this EV spread it can always survive almost anything from a +2 Xerneas and phase it out. Also server as the Dark Void sponge with Sleep Talk. It can also wall many special attackers that don't have Psyshock/strike like Calm mind Arceus, Calm mind Lugia, Palkia, etc... and spread some burn around with Scald.

Sunbro (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Rock Polish
Scary dude. Makes up one of the three potential baton pass receivers. Being the tankiest, it can avoid being one-shot on the Baton Pass turn against more moves than the other two. Rock Polish to help it punch something in case Baton Pass fail. With 128 HP, it can survive a +1 Earthquake from Mega Salamance in case the Salamance decides to Dragon Dance on the Baton Pass turn and KO it back with Stone Edge.

Only Uber for this (Mawile) (F) @ Mawilite
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
Another Baton Pass receiver. Not much to say here. With that much HP, it can avoid being OHKO by +2 Xerneas lacks HP fire or Ground, most of the time anyway, and OHKO back with Iron Head. Play Rough and Sucker Punch let it... well, punch stuffs. Though, full HP Ho-oh can survive a +2 Sucker Punch and OHKO it back, so keeping rock up against Ho-oh is a must. Also, looking for a better EV spread, so it can outrun as many as possible at +1 and +2 speed, while maximizing survivability.

Arceus @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
Good ol' trusty Extreme Killer check, and a nice burn on the like of Rayquaza or Mega Salamance is always welcome. Spread burn around like it's Christmas, also double as the defogger. Judgment allow it to hit almost everything in Uber for some nice damage, and Ghost typing allow it to escape Mega Gengar. Overall very standard.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
The primary Primal Groundon Check. Earth plate boosts its Earthquake nicely, while Jolly nature allows it to go as fast as possible to fulfill the Stealth Rock setter and U-turn scouter. Stone Edge to hit the [insert bird here] for some nice damage. Also, it can received the Baton Pass, specifically when facing Primal Groundon, thanks to its immunity to Ground, and due to Earth Plate, can dish out hell lot of damage

Burning Chicken (Blaziken) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Blaze Kick
The Glue that stick the team together. Maximized HP and Speed and Focus Sash to help it Pass the Boosts to one of the 3 physical attackers. I'm torn between Substitute and Protect. Protect allow it to get more Speed Boost up, while Sub protect itself from slower status users, and the receiver from status and priority, and the occasional Ditto, though getting an opportunity to set up a Sub is very hard. Blaze kick for maximum power without sacrificing what precious HP it has, in case it needs to hit something, and hit more Pokes in Uber than fighting type moves, in particular Gengar.
Anyway, against common Uber Threats, I found that Lugia is the most troublesome. With all Sweeper require significant set up, and lacking a wallbreaker or Toxic user (I can't find a slot for them), taking it down is a real hassle. Gengar is not that particular threatening IMO, with 3 Pokes can already escape it, and most can take it down, at worst losing one to Destiny bound. Mega Salamance and Rayquaza can also get out of control if they're allowed to get some boost, but with phasing, Intimidate and Burn from Scald and Will-o-Wisp, overcome them is not too hard. The two Mega Mewtwo, EKiller, Darkrai, Geomancy Xerneas and Primal Groundon already have their checks, so they don't bother me that much

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
Please make sure to read the RMT Rules before making a post.
You need a brief 3-4 lines describing each of your Pokemon in detail.
If these rules are NOT followed, this post will almost be guaranteed to get locked.
Until then, I will not rate your team at my own choice. If you do change it, I will rate. it.

Thanks. :]

Your team has 2 Pokemon where Ho-Oh can freely switch in and another one that Ho-Oh can potentially switch into. And once an opposing Ho-Oh is in play, you have no safe switch in to it. Kyogre cannot switch into Brave Bird, Groudon cannot switch into Earthquake, Lando-T cannot switch into Sacred Fire for fear of burns, Arceus-Ghost also cannot switch into Sacred Fire, and will lose one on one because Judgment doesn't do enough damage to it. Of course, you can predict around it, but relying solely on prediction for something isn't very reliable. My suggestion is change to Arceus-Rock and run max Speed and Timid on it. It remains an Ekiller check because of the fast Will-O-Wisp and the fact it resists Espeed.

Also you should consider running Protect over Substitute on Blaziken, as it guarantees you a speed boost. If using Substitute, you should use Leftovers instead as it kind of defeats the purpose of a Focus Sash.

Please make sure to read the RMT Rules before making a post.
You need a brief 3-4 lines describing each of your Pokemon in detail.
If these rules are NOT followed, this post will almost be guaranteed to get locked.
Until then, I will not rate your team at my own choice. If you do change it, I will rate. it.

Thanks. :]
*cough*
We recommend at least three (3) lines of description for each Pokemon. Having three lines is not absolutely mandatory anymore, but it's a good guideline to gauge if you have written enough.
and there's only 2 mons that didn't meet the 3 lines standard. But both of them have bog-standard EV spread and moves set, so I figured that I don't really need to go in dept.
willthenoob thank you, will try it out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)