• Life Orb Sheer Force

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Bulk up

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Assault Vest

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Band Geeks

Yo people welcome to my newest RMT for a pretty exciting squad I built a few weeks ago, focusing on breaking everything with a dual band core of Conk and Entei.

This team functions very offensively in general while having a safety net for the most common threats in the metagame, giving some room for error and allowing you to play your way out of a bad matchup by putting huge amounts of offensive pressure on your opponent, stacking hazards to continuously weaken their team, and having very reliable methods of revenge killing threats.

The team building process for this team was pretty interesting, starting off as a fat balance featuring Celebi and Alomomola over Sceptile and Swampert before turning into the aggressive punch fest it is today, but the process was kind of long so I'll skip the details and get right to the team.

The Team

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch

Conkeldurr acts as my main breaker on the team and the first of the dual band core, adding huge power to the team and 2hkoing half the tier. It provides priority with mach punch and utility with knock, but you normally don't notice because you're too busy clicking hammer arm and watching things drop. I run thunder punch mostly to catch stuff like Crobat or Tentacruel which are normally big pains to the team. For Evs I put just enough speed to speed creep base 60s like Swampert and Empoleon and dumped the rest in HP. You have to play pretty carefully with Conk and keep it alive for the majority of the game, and usually you can get one or two heavy hits off in early-mid game to cripple your opponents core before it gets too weakened and you need to save it for mach punch spam in the back.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Entei caps off the second part of the band core, helping to break Sylveon, Crobat, and other problems for Conkeldurr and Sceptile. Entei naturally forces alot of things out letting you aggressively double around and forces your opponent to take damage from hazards. Entei also gives priority extreme speed and has the chance to burn and 2hko weaker waters like Blastoise and Tentacruel, and hits Arcanine with stone edge after it switches into Conk.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect

Sceptile provides a nice cleaner for the team as well as an answer to mons the core struggles with like Swampert, Gyarados, and Krookodile. I'm running the protect set specifically to counter Gyara (unless its ice fang) and to easily scout choiced mons that tend to come in on Sceptile, and decided against focus blast since the stuff it hits doesn't bug my team too much anyway, and having a reliable answer to Gyara and a decent answer to Suicune is important to this team.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Swampert fits every team I swear. Swamp gives me a good physical sponge with offensive prescence as well as an answer to Entei, Aerodactyl, stealth rocks, and roar for troublesome setup sweepers all in one. This is the first part of my standard water fairy steel core on this team, and it really relies on Sylveon to wish pass and tank special hits while Sylveon relies on its physical bulk.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Sylveon is my teams cleric and provides alot for the team. It protect stalls M-Swampert down for Sceptile to revenge kill, heals Swampert and Conkeldurr of burns and has a strong hyper voice. You have to play really carefully with Sylveon on this team, as not only does it have a lot of pressure to take on hits and gets whittled really easily, but it also lets in things that this team hates and thus you really shouldn't stay in too long with it since it drains precious momentum.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pin Missile
- Heavy Slam
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Forretress rounds out the team and provides a lot of the things the team needs, spin, a defensive fairy check, something to kill Celebi, and most importantly spikes. Spikestack turns this team into a nightmare for anything that tries to face it and is one of the things you have to focus on in order to win, as you can use all the forced switches to set up layers of spikes and then apply offensive pressure and eventually get rid of all counters to whatever your main win con is and sweep, as well as turn would be 3hkos to 2hkos so that every time you come in with one of your threats your opponent is forced to sack off another member of their team.

Threats

Spikestack + Spinblocker
Ironically enough one of the biggest weaknesses this team has is opposing spikestack (toxic or regular) especially when paired with a spinblocker. My only course of action really is to never let whatever their spiker is in and playing really aggressively around it. Common toxic spikers like Nidoqueen and Tentacruel are quite annoying and I usually end up beating them with Swampert, but if played well it can be quite annoying.

Tornadus
On paper this thing blows me back since I lack a flying resist and it can go to town on my team quite easily considering I have no switch ins for it. In practice its not as bad so long as I keep rocks up and get in with Sylveon on the switch or never give it a free turn to come in.

Chicken pass
Not a really big deal since its far from common but +2 speed Nidoqueen 6-0's this team, with my only real option being breaking the sub with one of my breakers and going Swampert tanking a hit and either roaring or scalding so I can revenge kill it with Entei.
Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect

Forretress @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Pin Missile
- Heavy Slam
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Conclusion

This team has been super fun to play with as of late and its been doing really well against most team archetypes, though of course I'm always open to suggestions.

Shout out to Aquadext, Warzoid, and Rojava for help with the build, as well as the rest of the amazing people on UU chat for being cool.

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed!

Notewire

Hey fren', I really liked the overall concept of Double CB (I rmt'ed a team with the same concept haha) and I'll rate your team based on some flaws, OK?

First of all, I understand that you really like Spikes on Forretress and that it's a really useful move to worn down some fatter teams, but I don't think that it's helping you in this case. You have two really strong wallbreakers in Choice Band Conkeldurr and Choice Band Entei, alongside Mega Sceptile that helps a lot versus Bulky Waters, and this puts pressure enough imo, since the chip damage provided by Spikes is not necessary to you, specially when you realize that Tentacruel are really tough Pokémon to get past on your team, since if they have the provided support they can come in every time that Forretress clicks Spikes, and how you must run Pin Missile to defeat Celebi (What I understand perfectly), you're not running Volt Switch. This makes the matchup much harder versus every kind of team, including Hazard Stack, since you must do really risky double switches to gain momentum, so my first suggestion is replacing Spikes with Volt Switch. This change is helping you a lot since your opponent can't risk getting its spinblocker (most commonly Chandelure, Doublade or even Jellicent) wrecked by Entei, Conkeldurr or Mega Sceptile, not to mention that it gives you momentum, that's always welcome if you're opponent is trying to check Forretress, what allows you to wallbreak with your three attackers. Another thing that I'm suggesting is running 21 Speed EVs on Forretress, this IV change is "creeping" CM Reuniclus, so if you click Volt Switch you're giving a free switch-in to Entei without risk taking damage.

My next suggestion is replacing Leaf Storm with Hidden Power Fire on Mega Sceptile. Leaf Storm is not helping you as much as it should do, since Sylveon is always clicking Wish and Protect after this and I don't find that it's useful at all because you're not giving free turns to a Sylveon, right? Hidden Power Fire may be an odd pick as a coverage move because you have Entei and Swampert to deal with Escavalier and Forretress, but if you give a free turn to these Pokémon you risk taking a Drill Run from Escavalier if switching-in to Entei, and Forretress can steal momentum with Volt Switch or pressure you with Spikes, and that's why I'm suggesting Hidden Power Fire - those two Pokémon are almost always the only Mega Sceptile answer bar Sylveon on an Offense/Balance team, and if you predict correctly you can do an insane amount of damage with Hidden Power Fire and pressure your opponent enough to force him to sack a Pokémon. Now, an optional change is running Modest Mega Sceptile since it does more damage to the most of its switch-ins, but it makes you much more vulnerable to Crobat, so just do it if you're sure that you can play around Crobat carefully, doing the right double switches and stealing momentum with Forretress.

Last but not least, run a Relaxed Nature on Swampert with Torrent over Damp. Scald is almost useless if you're running an Impish Nature, since it does (almost) 0, and it helps you with some KOs when paired with Torrent, an example is the high chance to OHKO Krookodile after Stealth Rock with Scald when Torrent is active, what's literally impossible with an Impish Nature and Damp. You can predict Metagross' Explosion and switch-in Forretress, so running Damp has absolutely no sense. Some calcs:

• 0 SpA Torrent Swampert Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 302-356 (91.2 - 107.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock < Calc running Torrent + Relaxed Nature
  • 0- SpA Swampert Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 182-216 (54.9 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock < Calc running Damp + Impish Nature
The team is looking really solid right now. I wanted to see the teambuilding process and some replays to see how you play with the team, but I tried to not change the original core. Have fun with the team fam :]

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Timid / Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect

Forretress @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
IVs: 21 Spe
- Pin Missile
- Heavy Slam
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)