Balanced OU team

My OU team

my team at a glance

well i have played a lot with this team and i have interestingly defeated a lot of ubers with this also , i think this is a good team i would like your comments and opinions on it .

Terrakion

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

i tried rhyperior as lead when i first made this team , but there were a lot of shortcomings. this is a very powerful lead and helps to stop the opponent from setting up hazards using taunt , terrakion offensive typing is just amazing but , since i wanted a good lead i kept the choice band in the drawers . this set of terrakion is mainly for helpng the team as a whole by setting up rocks.also Terrakion can beat a common spinner Forretress , as well as Espeon and Xatu which reflect Stealth Rock and Taunt with magic bounce. so ideally i think this is perfect

Breloom

Breloom (F) @ life orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Technician Breloom is just awesome , moves like bullet seed hurt the opponent like hell ;) after 1 turn of setup , this guy is just amazing ,i mean after 1 swords dance it gets like 788 attack :O

Jellicent

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SAtk / 220 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Surf
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Recover

well i don't know what to say about this guy , it's a good switch against water types and the shadow ball also gives stab . toxic and recover help to a certain extent for stalling .

Scizor

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite/u-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

well this is probably my favorite pokemon and it does a hell of a job of sweeping things , it takes out dugtrio and durant with one move. and the hp ev's ensure it can take a few hits as well .

Dragonite

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spd
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch

one or two dragon dance can sweep almost any team with outrage and lum berry helps you with that , the fire punch is for the likes of ferrothorn , which otherwise is a threat . i can't find any fault in this one :) this is a amazing and a very powerful threat to any team .

Latios

Latios (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Surf

latios is a good calm mind user and can be very effective when used properly. can't say much about this guy .

well that's my team and i think its pretty awesome ...but i will be happy to listen on what you guys have to say about it :)

A threat that I saw immediately was ice. Stuff like life orb mamoswine could ohko your dnite after stealth rock damage with ice shard. It do significant damage to breloom and latios as well.

Although you do have counters to ice, an offensive starmie couldn't are them out fairly easily if it switched in properly. I'd suggest running thunderbolt on your latios to help deal with that threat.

Other than your weakness to ice and starmie, it looks like a pretty solid team.

First of all , hello srinator. Nice looking team, but I see some flaws in it. Scarftios can easy spam Draco meteor and switch out without take much damage, and if it has hp fire your team is dead (DM , psyshock , hp fire can kill your team) , even jirachi (especially the choice scarf ones are problematic: ice punch, fire punch, iron head and u-turn beat your ass hard. Up to now the only one to sponge this treaty is jellicent, easily killed by any phisical move or repeated DM from tios. I suggest a choice band set on scizor for scarftios if you no switch in a rare hp fire, and really, Latios is NOT a great CM user. If you want a calm mind user, latiAs is better.i think you really need someone to block terrakion CB stone edge that outspeed everything (bar Latios) and OHKO-2HKO almost your entire team. And you really weak to scizor and celebi with hp ice. For deal with ALL this treat i think you should use an jirachi, Sdef rachi , or even (i suggest this) the scarf one over your breloom.
Jirachi @ choice scarf
nature : timid
Trait : serene grace
Evs 4 hp / 252 speed / 252 atk
U-turn
Ice punch
Fire punch
Iron head
Jirachi is a deadly sweeper. He has better bulk and resistance than breloom and he can kill celebi with u-turn, scizor with fire punch, dragons with ice punch and rakion with stab iron head. I hope I helped. Bye and GL :)

A threat that I saw immediately was ice. Stuff like life orb mamoswine could ohko your dnite after stealth rock damage with ice shard. It do significant damage to breloom and latios as well.

Although you do have counters to ice, an offensive starmie couldn't are them out fairly easily if it switched in properly. I'd suggest running thunderbolt on your latios to help deal with that threat.

Other than your weakness to ice and starmie, it looks like a pretty solid team.
well , my scizor and jellicent can take on mamoswine , and plus i think close combat will take it out . thunderbolt on latios is a good idea :O

First of all , hello srinator. Nice looking team, but I see some flaws in it. Scarftios can easy spam Draco meteor and switch out without take much damage, and if it has hp fire your team is dead (DM , psyshock , hp fire can kill your team) , even jirachi (especially the choice scarf ones are problematic: ice punch, fire punch, iron head and u-turn beat your ass hard. Up to now the only one to sponge this treaty is jellicent, easily killed by any phisical move or repeated DM from tios. I suggest a choice band set on scizor for scarftios if you no switch in a rare hp fire, and really, Latios is NOT a great CM user. If you want a calm mind user, latiAs is better.i think you really need someone to block terrakion CB stone edge that outspeed everything (bar Latios) and OHKO-2HKO almost your entire team. And you really weak to scizor and celebi with hp ice. For deal with ALL this treat i think you should use an jirachi, Sdef rachi , or even (i suggest this) the scarf one over your breloom.
Jirachi @ choice scarf
nature : timid
Trait : serene grace
Evs 4 hp / 252 speed / 252 atk
U-turn
Ice punch
Fire punch
Iron head
Jirachi is a deadly sweeper. He has better bulk and resistance than breloom and he can kill celebi with u-turn, scizor with fire punch, dragons with ice punch and rakion with stab iron head. I hope I helped. Bye and GL :)

hey :) you know i have known those 2 attacks (dm and psyshock) take me out ...but coudnt find a good replacement :O and plus i think jirachi will be better than breloom :O and that set is pretty diverse too :O , i am going to experiment with that first ... and thanks again :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)