Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Mathy

F░U░R░R░E░T░ I░N░ B░I░O░
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Is there a way to prevent opponents from inviting users to watch private ladder games or prevent those invited users from talking in the battle tchat ?

I'd want to be able discussing with my opponents through the battle, but seeing sometimes a horde of users flaming / trolling in tchat and potentially ghosting my opponent via giving informations on my sets just doesn't feel competitive, or fair would be a better word.
  • You can type /modchat + to stop spectators from chatting. Alternatively, you can "Ignore Spectators" in the "Battle Options".
  • While ghosting on ladder, outside of tournaments/suspects, is generally fine, flaming/trolling and leaking sets is not, so please report this to staff if it happens!

• You can type /modchat + to stop spectators from chatting. Alternatively, you can "Ignore Spectators" in the "Battle Options".
  • While ghosting on ladder, outside of tournaments/suspects, is generally fine, flaming/trolling and leaking sets is not, so please report this to staff if it happens!
I'm sorry but today after I tried to use the Modchat+ command, the user d18l promoted to RoomVoice using the command "/roomvoice (username)" all users he invited which allowed them to chat without my consent.

Is there anything in my power to prevent such invited users from chatting after using /modchat + ?

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
I'm sorry but today after I tried to use the Modchat+ command, the user d18l promoted to RoomVoice using the command "/roomvoice (username)" all users he invited which allowed them to chat without my consent.

Is there anything in my power to prevent such invited users from chatting after using /modchat + ?
No. Anything you can do to restrict the battle, the opponent can undo or bypass. This is by design, and not something we plan to change - it’s their battle too, after all, they have just as much right to invite friends.

How exactly do you link a to a chat room in chat. Like with the «» symbols. I never seem to do it right and I can't find any instructions online

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
when we're locked on showdown, can't We have like a button to say gg? I mean, it's a nice thing to do to say gg
If you manage to get locked you probably don't care that much about being nice to people on Showdown. This would just be used by people to be even more annoying after getting locked and we don't want to add a ton of buttons in the interface for things that aren't truly useful.

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Contributor to Smogon
If you manage to get locked you probably don't care that much about being nice to people on Showdown. This would just be used by people to be even more annoying after getting locked and we don't want to add a ton of buttons in the interface for things that aren't truly useful.
While I understand the coding limitations, wouldn’t it be possible for the button to only show up at the end of the game and be pressable once? Just a thought.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Are complex unbans possible within the current custom rules? I'm looking to recreate a form of Sky Battles on PS, yet commands such as "-All Pokemon, +Bronzong + Levitate" still result in Bronzong being banned, even if it has the ability Levitate. (and yes, I could ban Bronzong + Heatproof and Bronzong + Heavy Metal, but I'd prefer to just do a complex unban than take the time to individually ban a bunch of Pokemon + abilities)

Mathy

F░U░R░R░E░T░ I░N░ B░I░O░
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Are complex unbans possible within the current custom rules? I'm looking to recreate a form of Sky Battles on PS, yet commands such as "-All Pokemon, +Bronzong + Levitate" still result in Bronzong being banned, even if it has the ability Levitate. (and yes, I could ban Bronzong + Heatproof and Bronzong + Heavy Metal, but I'd prefer to just do a complex unban than take the time to individually ban a bunch of Pokemon + abilities)
It's not supported currently, but I believe the suggestion is approved if anyone is able to program it

My account seems to be unusable due to an error that says:

Your username is no longer available.

I cannot put in a password. I believe this to be a spam filter because I was never banned or had any flags on that account.

I want to use the teambuilder and main game interface on mobile, but extensions like Stylish are not available to help fix scaling and scrolling issues. Is there any need for someone with CSS knowledge to help fix the user experience for mobile users? I would really like to help contribute but I'm not sure where to start :/

I am interested in running a research on players performance and engagement in pokemon showdown and its correlations to personality atributes, to who I need to contact in order get permmision and datasets for this kind of operation?

Kob!thebeast

Banned deucer.
I am interested in running a research on players performance and engagement in pokemon showdown and its correlations to personality atributes, to who I need to contact in order get permmision and datasets for this kind of operation?
Depending on where you are, I would reach out to the PS team or the Smogon administration team. You could also attempt to contact Marty the research leader.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if showdown sends out the pokemon that is fastest in a battle first for either gen 9 or Natdex? If it doesn't send out the fastest mon first does it just randomly pick a mon to send out first?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)