Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Kennedy

up the reds
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hey, as you read in the Title i ran into a little problem just now. I was in a SV-OU match where my opponent set 3 layers of Spikes with :clodsire:clodsire. I wanted to remove them with my :brambleghast: Brambleghasts Rapid Spin. My opponent swapped in his :Corviknight :Corviknight after i finished his :Clodsire :Clodsire off. And then i went for Rapid Spin against the :Corviknight:Corviknight with Rocky Helmet. :brambleghast:Brambleghast died to the helmet but didnt clear the hazards away. There were still 3 layers of spikes on my site left.
And heres my question is it some intentional gimmick or was it some bug? [not like I lost bc of that but i am curios]

Also if i have posted this in the wrong Area please tell me where I have to put it. ^^

I also have the replay saved if anyone wants to take a look.
This is indeed an intentional mechanic. If a pokemon using rapid spin gets knocked out by Iron Barbs, Rocky Helmet or Rough Skin, it will not clear the hazards. The same applies for Knock Off which will not knock off the opponent's item if the user faints due to the affomentioned abilities / item.

Kennedy

up the reds
Is there a reason why Gen 6 battle factory isn't on the list of challengeable formats? I was playing with a friend and found it odd it wasn't there and had to type out the challenge manually
I believe this is intentional and is the case for a few other formats too. The reason is due to the ungodly size of the challenge menu. I believe a rework of the challenge menu has been in the works for a little bit now but I don't have any other updates unfortunately.

This is indeed an intentional mechanic. If a pokemon using rapid spin gets knocked out by Iron Barbs, Rocky Helmet or Rough Skin, it will not clear the hazards. The same applies for Knock Off which will not knock off the opponent's item if the user faints due to the affomentioned abilities / item.
ah i see, thank you ^^

Exotic64

MDRRRRRRRR
is a Tiering Contributor
Is it possible to reset all my elos when doing /rank without just resetting the win loss only? (pretty much just hard resetting GXE and elo as a whole)
or just to delete formats off /rank since my main account is super clogged with random OM leaderboards and I only want it to show OU and randbats

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Is it possible to reset all my elos when doing /rank without just resetting the win loss only? (pretty much just hard resetting GXE and elo as a whole)
or just to delete formats off /rank since my main account is super clogged with random OM leaderboards and I only want it to show OU and randbats
Unfortunately, no. All you can do is reset W/L.

Is there a way to add legality checks to give certain pokemon moves/abilties in challenge codes? Like making it so Flareon with Sacred fire for example could be legal with just a challenge code.

Is there a way to add legality checks to give certain pokemon moves/abilties in challenge codes? Like making it so Flareon with Sacred fire for example could be legal with just a challenge code.
Complex ubans (unbanning a specific move or combination of moves on a Pokemon) are unfortunately not possible. The best you can do is remove the Obtainable Moves rule (e.g. "/challenge [user], [format] @@@ !Obtainable Moves") or add a moveset altering rule such as Sketchmons Move Legality (e.g. "/challenge [user], [format] @@@ Sketchmons Move Legality") and have the battlers make a gentlemen's agreement to only use the desired move(s) on the desired Pokemon. (Remember when using challenge codes to remove the [user] parameter if the command is used in PMs, and that the square brackets are just to show that what is inside them is a changeable parameter; do not include them when you use the challenge code.)

how do I get the password to a private replay? it says ask me but I do not know, or does it mean they have to log in to my account to watch to see it

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
how do I get the password to a private replay? it says ask me but I do not know, or does it mean they have to log in to my account to watch to see it
When one of the players access the hidden replay with their username, the can copy paste the replay link, that will have some extra characters at the end compared to a regular replay link. That's it, just share that link and anyone with it will be able to access it.

1687770327742.png

: arceus-water : --> :arceus-water:
I'm aware the sprites used in the various Ubers Old Gens hub VRs use custom sprites (very well colored custom sprites, in fact), but I'm curious as to why Showdown or Smogon Forums haven't implemented these the same way that they have for Gen 8/9 mons. This is more relevant now than it ever has been due to Arceus formes now being visible on Team Preview for the first time. It would also increase convenience and visibility simultaneously when referring to a specific forme within the forums, like in a post in the Ubers VR for example.

is there any chance "Basculegion-M" and similar nicknames could be forbidden? I find them annoying to run into, but I don't want to remove nicknames

(I ran into a female basculegion named that way)

Last edited:

uppa

did i play well ?
is a Top Artist
is there a reason why we aren't using the sprites from here for gen 9?
A lot of the sprites used there are already from our project. The others are KingOfTheCrossRoads' personal sprites. Some of his sprites are used for the project like bombirdier, and others are qc'd to be adapted better to the gen 5 style, like kingambit.

As far as the "reason" we aren't using those sprites goes, it's because we try to avoid using placeholders as much as possible. If there's no way to communicate to players which sprites are placeholders and which are finished, it will lead to a lot of players being generally dissatisfied and critical of the sprites in showdown. Everything we make is painstakingly quality controlled.

A lot of the sprites used there are already from our project. The others are KingOfTheCrossRoads' personal sprites. Some of his sprites are used for the project like bombirdier, and others are qc'd to be adapted better to the gen 5 style, like kingambit.

As far as the "reason" we aren't using those sprites goes, it's because we try to avoid using placeholders as much as possible. If there's no way to communicate to players which sprites are placeholders and which are finished, it will lead to a lot of players being generally dissatisfied and critical of the sprites in showdown. Everything we make is painstakingly quality controlled.
I see.This explains a lot, thank you. Wishing you good luck in the future of sprite art.

So I'm trying to make a custom free for all match to play with some friends, but I can't fix the challenge command I'm using to allow generational transfer moves in the match. So far, this is the code I'm using:

/challenge gen9freeforall@@@gen9nationaldexag, Gen 9 OU, !Species Clause, +All Pokemon, +All Moves, +All Abilities, +All Items, Max Team Size = 3, +Nonexistent, +Toxic, +Swagger, +Baton Pass

What do I add to allow generational transfer moves into this custom game? I'm stumped...

So I'm trying to make a custom free for all match to play with some friends, but I can't fix the challenge command I'm using to allow generational transfer moves in the match. So far, this is the code I'm using:

/challenge gen9freeforall@@@gen9nationaldexag, Gen 9 OU, !Species Clause, +All Pokemon, +All Moves, +All Abilities, +All Items, Max Team Size = 3, +Nonexistent, +Toxic, +Swagger, +Baton Pass

What do I add to allow generational transfer moves into this custom game? I'm stumped...
Adding the "!Min Source Gen" parameter allows transfer moves to be used. Assuming you are trying to create a 3v3v3v3 National Dex AG Free-For-All format that allows nonexistent Pokemon, this challenge code should work: "/challenge [Gen 9] Free-For-All @@@ Standard Natdex, !Min Source Gen, !Sleep Clause Mod, !Species Clause, !Nickname Clause, !OHKO Clause, !Evasion Moves Clause, Max Team Size = 3, +Nonexistent, +Annihilape, +Arceus, +Calyrex-Ice, +Calyrex-Shadow, +Chi-Yu, +Dialga, +Dialga-Origin, +Eternatus, +Flutter Mane, +Giratina, +Giratina-Origin, +Groudon, +Hoopa-Unbound, +Iron Bundle, +Koraidon, +Kyogre, +Landorus-Base, +Magearna, +Mewtwo, +Miraidon, +Palafin, +Palkia, +Palkia-Origin, +Rayquaza, +Spectrier, +Ursaluna, +Urshifu-Base, +Zacian, +Zacian-Crowned, +Moody, +Shadow Tag, +Toxic Debris, +Acupressure, +Aromatic Mist, +Baton Pass, +Court Change, +Final Gambit, +Flatter, +Follow Me, +Heal Pulse, +Last Respects, +Poison Fang, +Rage Powder, +Spicy Extract, +Swagger, +Toxic, +Toxic Spikes"

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
When will the cries for the new Pokemon Legends additions (i.e. Enamorus forms, Ursaluna, Basculegion) be implemented onto Showdown? It seems a bit weird that they aren't there by now.

Trying to verify a bug reported here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokémon-showdown-damage-calculator.3593546/post-9725747

When applying the Expert Belt boost, does the DPP damage formula round to the nearest integer or always round down?

Following the damage formula listed here:
  • 82 * 2 / 5 = 32.8, round to 32 (level is 82)
  • (32 + 2) * 70 * 194 / 50 = 9234.4, round to 9234 (base power is 70, SpA is 194)
  • 9234 / 166 = 55.6, round to 55 (SpD is 166)
  • (((55 * 1) + 2) * 1 * 1 * 100) / 100 = 57 (Mod1, CH, Mod2 are 1, R is 100)
  • 57 * 1 * 2 * 2 = 228 (STAB is 1, Type1 and Type2 are 2)
  • 228 * 1.2 = 273.6, rounding down gives 273 whereas rounding to the nearest integer gives 274
From that article, I'm lead to believe that the number should be rounded down after the Expert Belt modifier is applied (with rounding to the nearest integer only being done in Gen 5 and up), meaning that the correct maximum damage should be 273. It seems that Showdown is applying the Expert Belt modifier with rounded multiplication, which from what I've read, seems to be the incorrect behavior.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Does Sleep Clause only impact moves that directly put opposing pokemon to sleep?

Mainly asking this to see if it interacts with Dire Claw, and if so what happens to the status rolls in relation to Dire Claw if a pokemon is already asleep?

Does Sleep Clause only impact moves that directly put opposing pokemon to sleep?

Mainly asking this to see if it interacts with Dire Claw, and if so what happens to the status rolls in relation to Dire Claw if a pokemon is already asleep?
Dire Claw works just like other sleep moves. The move stays the same if a pokemon is already asleep, but if it would put another one to sleep there will be a notification that sleep clause has been activated and the pokemon won't fall asleep.
Had this happen in a match recently and thought it was really interesting

Kennedy

up the reds
Question :
Is it possible to make private already public-replays we have on our profiles when going to Replays - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com) ?

Normally, you'd use the command /hidereplay while being in-game to successfully hide the replay, but it happened more than once to me to forget using this command and have some I'd have prefered being hidden.
There's no way for you to do it once the battle room has expired. An Admin has the ability to do it but generally we'd only do it in the case of something really bad being in the battle that should be hidden (something like personal info being revealed) and not just because someone doesn't like the replays.

Hello all, I'm very new to this. is there any tips for building a team based on favorites? An ideal team for me would be Crobat, Toxicroak, Mamoswine, Snorlax, Emboar and Bannette. My issue is that even though I'm 30 and have played since the beginning, I still struggle to understand EV's and IV's though I've done a fair bit of Googling. Anyone that can help or even help me with their preferred (and hopefully importable) builds for these Pokemon or ways to round them out? Also the different formats confuse me. I appreciate anything to just get started. Thank you!

1692383079934.png

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
When I try to backup my teams it comes up as a large block of text instead of something I can paste into a pokepaste. Is there an easy way to solve this?

Screenshot_20230820_165226_Samsung Internet.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)