Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but I see a lot of people on Wi-Fi claiming that they use "legal hacks"
The only one of those that I know the answer to is: The vital codes for breeding are fast egg-hatch, check IV's, I don't know if an instant egg code exists but that'd probably be important, and maybe cloning

But yeah, you're generally not supposed to discuss it

The only one of those that I know the answer to is: The vital codes for breeding are fast egg-hatch, check IV's, I don't know if an instant egg code exists but that'd probably be important, and maybe cloning

But yeah, you're generally not supposed to discuss it
Sorry for another post about this topic, but isn't there like a way to get lots of rare candies?

Is there a gen 5 thread for getting input on IVs?
I've been resetting for a Cobalion, and wasn't sure where I needed to go from here.
HP ATK DEF SPATK SPDEF SPEED
Cobalion - #638 (Modest) : 16 - 17 / 9 - 10 / 12 - 13 / 30 / 30 / 27 - 29

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Just a quick question: When the game calculates if a move Critical Hits, does it do so before or after the accuracy check? (example: I use Stone Edge, 80% accuracy and a high 1/8 crit ratio. Does it first check the 4/5 accuracy to see if it hits, then if it hit, check to see if it's a crit (1/8)? Or does it check to see if it is a critical hit first, and if it is, ignore the accuracy check?)

I wanted to use Scolipede as a baton passer, as the in-progress guides give some nice reviews for his ability to baton pass. However, I wanted to run Baton Pass, Substitute, Swords Dance and Megahorn.

The issue is the EV spread recommended is: EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

The speed EV I want to keep, but I wasn't sure if I should keep the Atk/Def EV's. Since I'm using substitute, should I put more stock into HP, Def or SpD in order to give him a better chance at baton passing?

Also, was thinking of using Black Sludge for his item.

Finally I wanted to use Poison Point over Swarm, but seeing as Substitute can activate Swarm, I'm not really sure which would be more useful.

Anyway, any advice you can offer would be majorly helpful, or suggestions for other Baton Passers for Gen. 5. Also, I realize there are other baton passers, but I only want to use a gen. 5 pokemon and scolipede also fits very well onto my team set up... plus he's kind of awesome looking.

Can someone explain the ability Simple's mechanics change to me? Specifically, if a Pokemon has used Bulk Up before getting hit by Simple Beam, is the Pokemon at +1/+1 or +2/+2?

Can someone explain the ability Simple's mechanics change to me? Specifically, if a Pokemon has used Bulk Up before getting hit by Simple Beam, is the Pokemon at +1/+1 or +2/+2?
The doubled changes take effect if the move is used AFTER Simple Beam hits, otherwise, it's the same changes, they're not doubled.

Can somebody explain to me why Excadrill is "broken?"
369 Attack and 604 Speed in the Sand with a Jolly nature, has Sub/SD, has "QuakeEdge" coverage, nice Steel typing, and takes advantage of the most dominant weather.

Edit: I got a Mild Damp Mudkip from the GTS. Is there some sort of mixed-attacker set I could run with it?

Can somebody explain to me why Excadrill is "broken?"
It's not. If you're foolish enough to let it set up to +6, or maybe +4 because of your team, then it can be overwhelimg. Being walled by Gliscor, Skarmory, Bronzong, and Ferrothorn ( to an extent because of neutrality to Ground and X-Scissor). Roobushin and CB Azumaril also take it down rather easily.

I got a Mild Damp Mudkip from the GTS. Is there some sort of mixed-attacker set I could run with it?
Well, I suppose you could run....

@ Leftovers
Mild ~ 252 HP / 68 Atk / 188 SpA
~Waterfall
~Earthquake
~Ice Beam
~Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Electric

Waterfall and Earthquake are great Dual STAB that can take on 3 out of 5 weather inducers, while having great coverage regardless. Ice Beam has always been one of Swamperts best fillers in order to rid the field of Gliscor, Dragons, Landlos, etc. The choice of HP is between taking out Scizor, Forretress, Abomasnow and Nattorei easily; or hit Gyarados, Starmie, Vaporeon, and Politoed.

Anyone know the formula/chances of multi-hit moves hitting more then twice? For example, what would the chances of a Cincinno hitting with tail slap 3-5 times?

Why does Thunderbolt's Japanese name include "10"? I'm going to learn Japanese soon, but I'm curious about this at the moment.

Edit: Thanks, that makes sense (I was caught off-guard by the name at first, but I used it often in Platinum as to where I commonly call the move "Tenderbolt" for my own weird reasons).

Why does Thunderbolt's Japanese name include "10"? I'm going to learn Japanese soon, but I'm curious about this at the moment.
Its Japanese name is "10 thousand volts"
Or maybe "10,000 volts"
I don't know if it's proper to expand the thousand or write the number itself

133k:

My description for multi-hit attacks, like Tail Slap, reads:

"Multi-hit attack. Attacks two to five times in a row. 35% chance for two or three times; 15% chance for four or five times."

R_N:

Correction: The Japanese name is "juumanboruto"; "juu" means "ten";
"man" means "ten thousand" or "myriad", not "thousand" ("sen"); and "boruto" means "bolt" or "volt".

Taken together, "juumanboruto" means "ten ten-thousand bolt" or "ten ten-thousand volt".

Because it's in-game with no external device interfering with the game itself.
I don't agree with it though. I mean if RNG is allowed, why not in-game glitches?

If I defeat Tornadus, then beat the Elite 4 and Champion, does it respawn immediately, or do I have to go to the house and "release" it again? Whenever it may be, its IVs and PID are reset at that point, right?

Exactly how likely is it that a Medicham's Hi Jump Kick hit my +2 Evasion Qwilfish, then it hit AGAIN when I was +4? That's complete bs.

I was in Random Matchup, by the way. And no, I didn't D/C, but I have another loss to add to my ratio (My Honchkrow couldn't OHKO it, just my luck).

Exactly how likely is it that a Medicham's Hi Jump Kick hit my +2 Evasion Qwilfish, then it hit AGAIN when I was +4? That's complete bs.

I was in Random Matchup, by the way. And no, I didn't D/C, but I have another loss to add to my ratio (My Honchkrow couldn't OHKO it, just my luck).
I admit that is total B.S, but it's still possible to hit. :/

Question: What do you guys feel Salamence's best set is this gen?

How does setting the DS date/clock effect the game synch? I don't want to have to wait 2 days for another dream world poke to RNG 4th gen.

If I defeat Tornadus, then beat the Elite 4 and Champion, does it respawn immediately, or do I have to go to the house and "release" it again? Whenever it may be, its IVs and PID are reset at that point, right?
You have to reactivate the event at the house. PID and IVs are reset.

Honestly, you're using a move that relies on hax. Don't complain when once in a while the percentages don't work out for you.

If you're still curious, the chance is just over 1 in 5.

How does setting the DS date/clock effect the game synch? I don't want to have to wait 2 days for another dream world poke to RNG 4th gen.
I think it only recognizes it if you save the game with a changed clock. But I'm not sure if it's enough to just change the clock back, or if something else gets modified every time you change the clock... could be something to test :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)