Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
That whole post (except for Game Freak never being logical, which is pretty true) is a lie; please stop trolling.
excuse me? Do not call me a liar. I got information i wasn't sure of so i came here to confirm it, and i'm a liar/troll for that? If i was denying what you were saying then maybe, but you seem like the troll in calling me a liar, my story with hatched pokemon is true, and seeing how you said you've only bred in plat. maybe you shouldn't be so sure of yourself.

X-Scissor Excadrill says hi.
So does every poke with Brave Bird
The metagame as it is today is slightly focused on Physical moves (IMO), so when I invest in both defenses, I usually try to make them equal, or more towards Defense. Of course it depends on the type of your mon and your team. I'd go for 50/50 on Whimsicott
That's precisely what I suggested. Whimsicott has more Def than SpD so giving it a SpD+ nature at the cost of SpA or Atk would help balance things out.

That's precisely what I suggested. Whimsicott has more Def than SpD so giving it a SpD+ nature at the cost of SpA or Atk would help balance things out.
Or you could give your Whimsicott the move Cotton Guard, and wall non-boosting physical attackers (not-named Storm/Overhead Throw Throh) all day.

Is there a way to enforce rules in PO? Just today, ive come across a team of ubers and a shadow tag chandy and its getting really annoying.

Is Gastrodon limited to a specific ability passed on its form? I could of sworn I saw somewhere that west had storm drain, and east had sticky hold, but I am unable to find this anywhere now, and think that they where just flat out wrong. If you know please provide the link.

Is Gastrodon limited to a specific ability passed on its form? I could of sworn I saw somewhere that west had storm drain, and east had sticky hold, but I am unable to find this anywhere now, and think that they where just flat out wrong. If you know please provide the link.
Either form can have either ability.

I need some help, I have a sandstorm team with Golurk on it. There is a need for a fighting move but I'm not sure if I should run a Focus punch or another fighting move.

I need some help, I have a sandstorm team with Golurk on it. There is a need for a fighting move but I'm not sure if I should run a Focus punch or another fighting move.
I'd use Hammer Arm since he doesn't care about Speed. Focus Punch is only good for the SubPunch set.

I have a male Larvitar that knows Superpower and Stealth Rock (transfered from gen 4). But it has crappy IV, so I intend to breed him in Gen 5. I breed this Larvitar with a Flawless Ditto, the baby only inherited Stealth Rock but NOT superpower. What gives?

I have a male Larvitar that knows Superpower and Stealth Rock (transfered from gen 4). But it has crappy IV, so I intend to breed him in Gen 5. I breed this Larvitar with a Flawless Ditto, the baby only inherited Stealth Rock but NOT superpower. What gives?
Superpower is, IIRC, a tutor move, not a egg move, so it can't be passed on through breeding at all.

Tutor moves cannot be passed down unless it's an egg move.

Stealth Rock is an egg move, Superpower is a 4th generation tutor move

That means you would have to breed a better one in generation 4 before moving it to generation 5 if you needed it to have Superpower.

awwww.. I thought Male parent is able to pass down move if the baby is able to learn it. Meh.... I sucks at RNG-ing in gen4. Thanks for the response.

Awww, I just missed a Gastrodon question... _~_;

Anyway, I would like to post this here before the Rate My Team forum, just to aquire some last-minute suggestions (especially on EV's) and for help spotting legality issues. It is a stall team with focus on entry hazards and walling the hell out of everything. My team:

@ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EV's: ?
Nature: ?
~ Spikes
~ Leech Seed
~ Power Whip
~ Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave

Not sure what the standard defensive orientation in nature or the EV spread is on this guy.

@ Leftovers/Red Card
Ability: Sticky Hold
EV's: 212 HP / 88 Def / 208 SpDef
Nature: Calm
~ Stockpile
~ Recover
~ Toxic
~ Surf/Scald

The EV's may be a little outdated, but this guy is absolutely amazing and can really hold his own. A vital pivot, especially for this type of team. Sticky Hold over Storm Drain to counter those who think they can be sly with Trick. Depending on how reliably the team can Toxic, Toxic here could be replaced with something else. Needless to say, my absolute favorite pokemon, so this goes nowhere.

@ Leftovers/Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Sp.Def / 4 Def
Nature: Impish
~ Toxic Spikes
~ Whirlwind
~ Knock Off
~ Crunch

All-Purpose, really. Toxic Spiker (and Absorber), Phazer, Annoyer, Wall. Not sure if it would be better to invest in Defense or Special Defense, but it has decent nature defense bulk. Regardless, I am no sage at EVing, so some points may be wasted/unnecessary. Feel this guy is necessary and should stay as well.

@ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Def
Nature: Impish/Careful/Adamant
~ Trick
~ Pursuit
~ Sucker Punch
~ Will-o-Wisp

Spin-blocker, physical wall, and disrupter. Will-o-Wisp for things that are immune to Toxic. Its purpose should mostly be self-explanitory, although maybe it should be invested in Sp.Def since most other Ghosts are Specially inclined.

@ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EV's: Standard, whatever that is.
Nature: Same as above.
~ Fling
~ Acrobatics
~ Earthquake
~ Stealth Rock

Another physical wall. Can also spread status and absorb status after a Toxic Orb activation. It would be a great asset to the team, however, I am unsure as to the legality of Stealth Rock + Poison Heal. If anyone could enlighten me on the situation, I would appreciate it. If it is illegal, then I need to find a Stealth-Rocker...

@ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EV's: Probably 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Def
Nature: Probably Bold
~ Protect
~ Wish
~ Ice Beam
~ Scald

Wish-pass Vaporeon. Important for key resistances as well. So, is the only way of getting Wish on this is by breeding Eevee with Smeargle?

I apologize if this does not belong here, but I believe it is way to incomplete to be posting it in the Rate My Team forum. So, I suppose the simple question is, does this team look okay?

Thank you to those who took the time to read this.

Nah dude, breed a Togetic with a Pikachu for wish. Pika will pass it to eevee. I'd make better observations when it's not 6 am.

But, uhh, I'm wondering; I know bronzong is typically outclassed in every way by Metagross, but from a "can take hydro pump and ice beam like a champ" perspective, can Bronzong hold it's own, if not surpass, metagross as an all-around wall? I don't need another physical sweeper for the team he's going on. On the same team, however, I'm also considering Camrupt. His stats look usable(especially in Trick Room), he has interesting typing, and as long as you stay far far away from any surf's, I think he'd be fine. Does anyone have experiance with it at all?

I'm sorry to ask this question, but...
While looking at Sigilyph's set, I noticed he carries Flame Orb often.
Why is that?
I know he takes no damage from it, and doesn't care about the attack loss, but what positive effects does the Flame Orb have?

I'm sorry to ask this question, but...
While looking at Sigilyph's set, I noticed he carries Flame Orb often.
Why is that?
I know he takes no damage from it, and doesn't care about the attack loss, but what positive effects does the Flame Orb have?
Protects from status, and Psycho Shift acts like a more-accurate Will-o-Wisp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)