Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to start a new game, don't wanna buy a new cart just for the sole purpose of replaying (although I might pick up White if I have to, but I'd rather wait for Gray), and want to save my event Celebi. Anyway to trade Celebi to another cart or something? I already know it's not possible to put it up on the GTS, because of its ribbon. Thanks.

I want to start a new game, don't wanna buy a new cart just for the sole purpose of replaying (although I might pick up White if I have to, but I'd rather wait for Gray), and want to save my event Celebi. Anyway to trade Celebi to another cart or something? I already know it's not possible to put it up on the GTS, because of its ribbon. Thanks.
There are 1 or 2 ribbons that make pokemon untradable , so it could be you cant trade it at all .(then again its just a celebi...)

You can save your event Celebi, sure. You'd just need another game to hold it in when you restart. Alternately you can get someone to hold it for you on their game while you restart, but make sure they'll give it back after you do.

For the record, the event ribbons only prevent GTS trading, not normal wifi trading or local trading.

Phione is RU, and should NU ever be reinstated, it's likely to be there.

*side note*

Use Dewgong...It does every single thing Phione can, is in the same tier, and has better stats.
NU will be reinstated, just not until a few more rounds of testing finish. There's never been any question about this.

Dewgong's stats are actually pretty much the same as Manaphy's, and it has the terrible secondary Ice typing rather than the great pure Water typing.

Phione is RU, and should NU ever be reinstated, it's likely to be there.

*side note*

Use Dewgong...It does every single thing Phione can, is in the same tier, and has better stats.
I wasn't planning to use it, I was just wondering if it was Uber as I've never seen it used ever... :P

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What nature suits Kyurem more-Naive or Rush?

Rash suits kyurem better, nothing of note is outsped by naive that isn't by rash, you dont even have to run max speed on kyurem, just enough to outspeed positive natured base 70's and bulky dd dragonite, try an ev spread of 108atck 252spatck 148spe rash. it should work for you

NU will be reinstated, just not until a few more rounds of testing finish. There's never been any question about this.

Dewgong's stats are actually pretty much the same as Manaphy's, and it has the terrible secondary Ice typing rather than the great pure Water typing.
Dewgong gets Ice STAB though...

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I already did an advanced search of the smogon forums but:

Has there been a thread with a speed run plan to capture every pokemon? Or perhaps somewhere else on the internet

I already did an advanced search of the smogon forums but:

Has there been a thread with a speed run plan to capture every pokemon? Or perhaps somewhere else on the internet
Buy Emerald, capture all the gen3 guys.
Buy heartgold/soulsilver catch what you did not get in emerald. Transfer pokemon from emerald.
Transfer those to white(white forest). Proceed to catch all the gen5 pokes.
Trade threads for other pokemon you may have missed.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Buy Emerald, capture all the gen3 guys.
Buy heartgold/soulsilver catch what you did not get in emerald. Transfer pokemon from emerald.
Transfer those to white(white forest). Proceed to catch all the gen5 pokes.
Trade threads for other pokemon you may have missed.
Sorry but this isn't what I'm looking for and believe me it's not that simple.

I want to plan a run with the 3rd-5th generation games an capture all the pokemon possible in the shortest time possible with the least amount of games that would be feasible, also without the GTS and such. With the assumption that all the games would be run simultaneously.

So once again I'll ask if anyone is aware of a speedrun plan published that would be similar in objective to the various pokemon charity speedruns done in the past.

Sorry but this isn't what I'm looking for and believe me it's not that simple.

I want to plan a run with the 3rd-5th generation games an capture all the pokemon possible in the shortest time possible with the least amount of games that would be feasible, also without the GTS and such. With the assumption that all the games would be run simultaneously.

So once again I'll ask if anyone is aware of a speedrun plan published that would be similar in objective to the various pokemon charity speedruns done in the past.
Part of the problem in doing this as a speedrun is that several Pokémon require hundreds of days' setup in the Safari Zone, or Pokéwalker use, to get in HG/SS. You therefore might inevitably need to involve more games. I think possibly fastest might be to use all the 5th gen games, and all the 4th gen games, and there's a nice symmetry to that. (I'm not sure if you need just the 3rd gen games for anything. I'm also not certain if you need Platinum in that set.)

You need a 3rd gen game for the legendary golems. Also, keep in mind that this whole thing is complicated by the issue of starter pokemon.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It is for sure impossible to catch all the pokemon in one game, given the fact you have removed trading, which makes the game-specific legendary and starters near-impossible.

But there has been a group that comes to Smogon every year or so, they catch every single pokemon (through legal means) to get a complete pokedex. They always do it for charity too. But they use every single game to complete a pokedex (we're talking Gamecube and that pokemon farm one where you deposit something like 999 pokemon and get a mew). That's the closest you get to such a thread though

Based on most of the other questions being asked here, I have a feeling I'm going to be crossing some sort of etiquette boundary by asking this, but alas, as a beginner in the world of competitive battling, I must be willing to endure any humility that I bring upon myself with grace.

So anyway, what in God's name is RNG? I have a loose concept of what it might be, but I'm not entirely sure.

Random Number Generator. I believe it's a sort of "roll the dice" effect of how the game decides random outcomes. But as it is computed, RNG's are not truly "random" and can be taken advantage of in some cases.

Random Number Generator. I believe it's a sort of "roll the dice" effect of how the game decides random outcomes. But as it is computed, RNG's are not truly "random" and can be taken advantage of in some cases.

I see. Well, now the more I read about it, I see that you can only download it onto your pc/mac. Does that mean it's only usable on roms, or can it be used in actual games as well?

I see. Well, now the more I read about it, I see that you can only download it onto your pc/mac. Does that mean it's only usable on roms, or can it be used in actual games as well?
It is done in the actual games, which is what makes RNG so appealing and popular, as you are getting your shiny/battle perfect Pokémon without having to use a cheating device. What you're probably looking at is the RNG Reporter, which is a tool that helps you actually do RNG.

YES IT DOES.

now my question.
i was looking at doubles anaylsis (VGC) and noticed that ppl used detect over protect...

why?
i thought protect had more pp and that they did the same exact thing.

YES IT DOES.

now my question.
i was looking at doubles anaylsis (VGC) and noticed that ppl used detect over protect...

why?
i thought protect had more pp and that they did the same exact thing.
Bulbapedia Description of Detect in Gen IV (& V) said:
Detect now has a 50% chance of success on the current turn if Detect, Protect, Endure, Quick Guard, or Wide Guard was used successfully on the previous turn. Detect fails if the user goes last in the turn. Otherwise, it is exactly the same as Generation II - III.
Bulbapedia Description of Protect in Gen IV (& III) said:
Protect now has a 50% decaying rate of success on the current turn if Protect, Detect, Endure, Quick Guard, or Wide Guard was used successfully on the previous turn. The minimum success rate is limited to 12.5%, which is four consecutive turns.
This seems like it would explain why, (Edit) though I'm not sure if it's right.

Edit2: Disregard this. As I thought might be the case (and now people on the next page appear to have confirmed), this is not the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)