Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering,
When I evolve nincada and get a shedinja in my party, does that shedinja keep the nincadas ev's iv's shinyness and nature ??

I was thinking of testing every move that can hit through Wonderguard, so can I use an AR to put moves onto my pokemon? Or will that mess it up?

I was wondering,
When I evolve nincada and get a shedinja in my party, does that shedinja keep the nincadas ev's iv's shinyness and nature ??
Yep. It doesn't seem to keep ribbons, but that's about it. Everything else to do with the Nincada applies to both evolutions.

I have this in game equation for experience:
exp = 1.2(level)^3 - 15(level)^2 + 100(level) -140

Can someone help me rearrange it so level is on its own? My friends and I have tried a few times but can't figure it out.

I posted this somewhere else, but this seems the better place.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
I have this in game equation for experience:
exp = 1.2(level)^3 - 15(level)^2 + 100(level) -140

Can someone help me rearrange it so level is on its own? My friends and I have tried a few times but can't figure it out.

I posted this somewhere else, but this seems the better place.
This is a cubic function, which means a closed form solution for "level" in terms of experience is not very simple. So really, this is not a simple question at all. And the answer isn't very simple either.

However, I decided to work out the closed form solution for you anyway. Let x be "level" and y be "experience". Then

Even though (I think) this solution is exactly right, if you evaluate it using floating point arithmetic, the answer will be a bit off.

In any case, here's an example. pow(x, y) means x to the y-th power.

At level 88, the formula gives us

y = 1.2*pow(88,3)-15*pow(88,2)+100*88-140 = 710266.4

Apply the formula above to get

x = 25/6 - 5/18 * pow((1/50)*(100170-972*710266.4+sqrt(10034044646.4 - 194730480*710266.4+710266.4*710266.4*944784)),1/3) + 5/18 * pow(-(1/50)*(100170-972*710266.4-sqrt(10034044646.4 - 194730480*710266.4+710266.4*710266.4*944784)),1/3) ≈ 88

(On my floating point calculator I actually got 88.122377520824, but if you used symbolic algebra it would be exactly 88.)

Yeah, I tried to do it the normal way and I got to 5293750 = (3x^2 + 250) (2x - 25), which gets me nowhere as I can't factor 3x^2 + 250 without using imaginary numbers, which would be stupid to do as there is no way to undo it with the rest of the equation. @_@

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Posting this here if someone else needs it.

How to Use a Damage Calculator

This is the best damage calculator (for now).

1) Open up Shoddy Battle's Team Builder and enter the EVs for the Pokemon you want to use for the damage calculation in order to find their stats. Alternatively, you can use a Stat Calculator.

2) Enter the stats for the Attack, Defense, and HP fields.

3) Enter the base power of the move before STAB.

4) Select the type effectiveness of the move on the left hand side.

5) If the Pokemon receives STAB on the move, select Yes from the STAB field.

6) If the Pokemon is holding an item (for example, Life Orb), select it from the "Offensive Item" list.

7) If the Pokemon is weak to Stealth Rock, select x2, if it is resistant, select x.5 from the Stealth Rock field.

8) Click Calculate damage.

9) The damage dealt and the potential for OHKOs and 2HKOs is displayed at the bottom of the calculator.

Reference Image
: 216 SpA Mild Salamence @ Life Orb using Draco Meteor against 252 HP / 0 SpD Relaxed Swampert

Okay, aesthetic opinion question: I was trying to catch my Darkrai in a Premier Ball, but I ran out of those AND Luxury Balls, so I had to settle for a Dusk Ball. I haven't saved yet, so should I reset and get more premier/luxury balls, or is Dusk Ball okay for Darkrai?

Okay, aesthetic opinion question: I was trying to catch my Darkrai in a Premier Ball, but I ran out of those AND Luxury Balls, so I had to settle for a Dusk Ball. I haven't saved yet, so should I reset and get more premier/luxury balls, or is Dusk Ball okay for Darkrai?
If you catch Darkai in a cave (not sure if you do), then Dusk Ball is the better choice. If not, then I would use Ultra Balls.

@River: Yeah, I suppose it works pretty well. The coming-out animation goes with him pretty well. And I really don't want to have to try and hit that insane delay again. :x

If I ever get another chance at a Darkrai, though, I'm definitely gonna try for one of the others.

@Fuzznip: The question was more one of looks/appearance than ease of capture, but thanks anyway. :V

@River: Yeah, I suppose it works pretty well. The coming-out animation goes with him pretty well. And I really don't want to have to try and hit that insane delay again. :x

If I ever get another chance at a Darkrai, though, I'm definitely gonna try for one of the others.

@Fuzznip: The question was more one of looks/appearance than ease of capture, but thanks anyway. :V
Actually, does anyone have a video of all the 'coming-out' animations?I have yet to decide whether I want a Dusk, Luxury, Premier or Timer ball in my Darkrai.

Actually, does anyone have a video of all the 'coming-out' animations?I have yet to decide whether I want a Dusk, Luxury, Premier or Tomer ball in my Darkrai.
I haven't been able to find any videos, but if you throw a ball at the Pokemon you're trying to catch and it breaks out, you'll see the animation, and from what would be your opponent's perspective as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)