Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks you two. Don't have photobucket >__>;

Might be something worth getting just in case, huh?

Anyways, does SkarmBliss still work effectively Kaonohi? Or are you using something different? You're rating is too high for my liking >:( lol

Yeah, I'm still running SkarmBliss. They pretty much wall everything except certain mixed attackers (esp. Salamence and Infernape). I can't seem to find an exact counter to those two Pokemon... Infernape's movepool is too huge and Mence is too powerful. But with Vaporeon and Swampert on my team now, I can handle them a bit easier.

But seriously, you should get a Photobucket. It's free.

I will. Don't worry about that.

I'm really surprised that your team does do so well, especially in this metagame. I won't lie. Props to you.

Where do you go to check your ratings, and is there a leaderboard for UU at the moment? Thanks.
On the Shoddy chat, type in "/record (your username", or you can go to your name in the userlist and right click > records. To check the leaderboard, go to the Smogon homepage and go to the Shoddy Battle link, there should be something on the side that says Leaderboard on that page.

Charge beam rises Sp. att by 1 level, but what it's exactly 1 level?
If my blissey has a special attack of 212 how many charge beam boost would you need to OHKO a Chomp. Or just tell me please the exact Sp. Attack Blissey would have after 1, 2 and 3 charge beams

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why can't I see the Policy Review forum, post in RMT, or make a new thread? I thought that just the last one was about ICBB status and i really hate logging out to look at pr. Is it a specific permission set on my account?

Wasnt there a list somewhere of each type and how common it is attack wise or something?

Likewhich type of attacks are used most?

To post one's rating window, make sure your rating window appears on the screen, and then hit the "print scr" button on your keyboard to copy the screen image. Paste it into Paint or something similar and edit the image so that it only shows your ratings window. Host the image onto photoshack or something and post the picture here!

EDIT: Gah, I'm too slow. :P
Please search in google (or whatever) for ScreenHunter (free!).

Um, not really. It's not all luck. I'd suggest reading Peterko's Hidden Power Breeding guide, since that's how I figured to breed my HP ground and HP ice magnemites. It's right here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20649

Basically if you want a high base power Hidden Power, the most important IVs are the last 3 stats (Special Attack, Special Defense, Speed). You would want to have Dittos that have 30 or 31 IV in those last 3 stats (30 or 31 depending on which Hidden Power you want), preferably in more than one of those last 3 stats. E.g. HP Ice with Base Power >= 65 requires x/x/x/31/31/31, so I'd use my x/x/x/31/31/x Ditto (since that's the closest one I got).

Nature is not really something I'd even worry about until the end. I'd just make sure I have a high enough chance of getting the right Hidden Power, and then use the save-in-front-of-old-man-before-receiving-egg method and soft reset to lock on to the right nature and ability for the egg. THEN the rest is luck.

EDIT: I suppose there might be more efficient methods? That's just how I did it for myself. I would like to know if there are easier ways too if there is.
...How do you get that X/X/X/31/31/X Ditto!!!??? EDIT: It cannot be bred.

Is it against tournament rules to use PP Up's/PP Max's to increase the PP of your moves that you use in tournament matches? I heard this somewhere recently, but never heard it anywhere else and just wanted to be sure.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just two quick questions, 1) If you use a move that lowers your opponent's defense, and he switches that pokemon out and then back in, is his defense still lowered? 2) If you lower your opponent's defense, and you switch in a new pokemon, is his defense still lowered? I'm planning a screechgon party around this, thanks.

1) No. Stat changes are eliminated once the affected pokemon switches out. Except for the effect of status, like burn's attack drop.

2) Yes, for the same reason as the first one. That is, your switching doesn't affect the foes stats.

What is the suspect ladder?
A ladder on which Pokémon are tested to determine whether they're Uber or not. This means OU + 1 Pokémon. Right now it's Latias being tested. I believe Latios will be next (unless Latias is sent to Uber, I'm not sure if the Latios test will then even begin).

1. What's the best EV spread for a Mild Fire Blast/Cross Chop/Rock Slide/T-Bolt(too lazy to breed for HP) Magmortar?
2. What's the best nature for a mixed Giratina-O?

Foresaken Justice

1. What's the best EV spread for a Mild Fire Blast/Cross Chop/Rock Slide/T-Bolt(too lazy to breed for HP) Magmortar?
2. What's the best nature for a mixed Giratina-O?
For Magmortar, I would suggest using an EV spread of 84 Atk / 252 SpA / 172 Spe. With those EV's, your speed reaches about 244 allowing Magmortar to outrun Pokemon such as Adamant Breloom, any Abomasnow with maximum speed and Jolly Tyranitar. The given spread means that Cross Chop will 2HKO any Blissey with 688 HP/130 Def assuming you are carrying Life Orb. The 252 SpA ensures that your Special Attacks will do as much damage as possible.

The best nature for a mixed Giratina-O would have to be Lonely (+Atk,-Def). The reason I did not suggest a speed boosting nature such as Naive is because Giratina-O is not that fast and it benefits more from the attack boost provided by Lonely making Outrage and Earthqueake stronger. Also, Giratina-O will most likely not outspeed most sweepers in Ubers such as Mewtwo and Darkrai. Lonely is suggested over something such as Mild because most things in Ubers have superior Special Defense over Defense meaning an attack boosting nature will allow Giratina to prey on the weaker defenses of most Ubers.

For Magmortar, I would suggest using an EV spread of 84 Atk / 252 SpA / 172 Spe. With those EV's, your speed reaches about 244 allowing Magmortar to outrun Pokemon such as Adamant Breloom, any Abomasnow with maximum speed and Jolly Tyranitar. The given spread means that Cross Chop will 2HKO any Blissey with 688 HP/130 Def assuming you are carrying Life Orb. The 252 SpA ensures that your Special Attacks will do as much damage as possible.

The best nature for a mixed Giratina-O would have to be Lonely (+Atk,-Def). The reason I did not suggest a speed boosting nature such as Naive is because Giratina-O is not that fast and it benefits more from the attack boost provided by Lonely making Outrage and Earthqueake stronger. Also, Giratina-O will most likely not outspeed most sweepers in Ubers such as Mewtwo and Darkrai.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)