Article Dates

This is just a small suggestion. For articles on the site that can become outdated, it would be nice to know when that article was last revised. Something like the Damage Formula guide wouldn't need this, but articles like Rain Offense or Baton Pass Chains become less and less accurate as time goes on.

New users might benefit from this as it allows them to read older articles with the knowledge that the metagame might have changed in the meantime. It would be a filter to prevent potentially misleading newer battlers.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's not a terrible idea, I just personally feel that our articles should be up to date and accurate and thus wouldn't require this; especially considering how easy it is for us to update them with the SCMS. I suppose there are always little metagame changes that can make an article outdated, but not significantly enough that any sort of major revision would be required.

I'll try to review the articles every 2-3 months and see if any slight changes need to be made to accommodate metagame shifts and make the appropriate updates. I'll take a look at the current ones on Monday.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Agreeing with both Caelum and OP.

Ideally it would be with only Caelum, but seeing as projects tend to never work as efficiently as possible (i am guilty of this with the ou updates especially), I think it is a good idea to practically do what the OP said.

Have the dates, and have the philosophy that we update them as much as possible.

I agree with this too.

Just to add a personal experience, I sometimes wonder about how up-to-date the analyses are. For example, in the past I saw analyses that would mention Garchomp or were lacking Platinum moves long after they were banned and implemented, respectively, which made me call into question how current all the analyses were and if I needed to double check move pools or make new EV spreads (all of these have since been corrected, obviously, which is great). I feel like the same kind of thing could happen with the huge shakeup in UU and the birth of NU. Obviously both these (constantly changing) things will have consequences for the pokemon in those tiers and their analyses, so it would be great to know how current each analysis is in order to determine if the most recent changes have been factored in .

IMO just a simple date at the end of each page would be great. Although for the analyses perhaps multiple dates would be required (full revamps might eliminate the need for this in many cases, however).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)