Aromatherapists?

A LOT of pokemon learn those two moves, so this argument is invalid. Without those, you're even left with an extra move to do "other interesting things". If that was all I wanted for Jumpluff's slot, I would use something else.
Calciphoce, he was referring to U-Turn/Aerial Ace/Reflect/Sunny Day/Encore as the fourth moveslot. In addition to Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Substitute.

Substitute
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
U-Turn/Aerial Ace/Reflect/Sunny Day/Encore/Aromatherapy/Stun Spore/Memento (Setting up Bellyzard)

See? It's a tough choice. But damn, Jumpluff is so versatile. I <3 Jumpluff

Aside from Blissey, Id say Celebi is the best one. Its quite sturdy and can switch in to heal bell. No SR weak is good too. It can also do other things aside from healing status, so you arent just wasting a slot in your team, like if you use cherrim.

For some reason, I read the title as Aroma-the-rapists.
Laughing my ass off.

I've strangely enough, never had an aroma the rapist on my nteam. It always seems as though I pack a rapid spinner or a starmie to get staused .-.

[edit] I went to get a coke and laughed the entre way, sigging this.

I think Lickylicky deserves mention as a heal bell-er. It has access to wish and has nice 110/95/95 defences.

Yay for the pink ball with a ridiculous name :)

The best heal bellers are the ones that are bulky and can survive which is why blissey is used so much and roserade isn't (in terms of having arometherapy as one of their moves).

Which means that, outside of blissey, the best users of this move would be miltank and celebi because of their bulkiness and access to an instant recovery move. Shaymin too because of natural cure rest and same base stats as celebi.

All Aromatherapists/Heal Bellers List:

Aromatherapy:

Blissey
Cherrim
Meganium
Jumpluff
Shaymin
Roserade
Parasect
Vileplume
Smeargle

Heal Bell:

Lickilicky
Celebi
Miltank
Delcatty
Chimecho
Blissey
Granbull
Lapras
Articuno
Dragonite
Ampharos
Mightyena
Altaria
Smeargle

Out of all these, you only have a few options really. Bolded the most viable.

Oh, and everyone forgot Lickilicky! He's sturdy and has access to Wish.
Personally I wouldn't use Meganium or Vileplume outside of UU, and in that environment the prettiest dragon (Altaria) is every bit as capable as the plants.

Ampharos serves as a passable cleric in that environment, and whilst it may not be one of the top tier healers it distinguishes itself in actually being able to dish out some damage.

LOL! Leona is going to get famous for that =D
I still think psycho-the-rapist is funnier though.

Almost every team needs Aromatherapy
Funnily enough the only time I've ever used Aromatherapy was on a Roserade for my first Sandstorm team. Out of over 100 battles I only needed to use it once. Since then I've never used a Cleric and it hasn't hurt my win/loss ratio one bit. Definitely overrated IMO but I guess it depends on the team.

Personally I wouldn't use Meganium or Vileplume outside of UU, and in that environment the prettiest dragon (Altaria) is every bit as capable as the plants.

Ampharos serves as a passable cleric in that environment, and whilst it may not be one of the top tier healers it distinguishes itself in actually being able to dish out some damage.
If I wasn't thinking of different tiers, Oddish, why did I bold Chimecho? ;)

Well, besides the aforementioned miltank, vileplume, and meganium, I actually think granbull's an awesome support pokemon. With its defense and intimidate, it can switch in on any physical attacker, and heal bell them as they switch to a special attacker. Or you can thunder wave.

If I wasn't thinking of different tiers, Oddish, why did I bold Chimecho? ;)
Sorry I didn't even notice Chimeco ... in any case if that thing is bolded Altaria definitely should be.

well, if Shiny Oddish says Altaria is good for belling, it sure as hell is. I'll bold that now.
All Aromatherapists/Heal Bellers List:

Aromatherapy:

Blissey
Cherrim
Meganium
Jumpluff
Shaymin
Roserade
Parasect
Vileplume
Smeargle

Heal Bell:

Lickilicky
Celebi
Miltank
Delcatty
Chimecho
Blissey
Granbull
Lapras
Articuno
Dragonite
Ampharos
Mightyena
Altaria
Smeargle

Out of all these, you only have a few options really. Bolded the most viable.

yeah, but not every other pokemon that learns those moves is a base 110 speed subseeder that saves me addong an extra pokemon into my team, or wasting a moveslot on something else. Jumpluff works well with sub/seed/sleep powder and then you can do what you want with it after. Anyway, on topic, i'd love a hesl bell lickilicky but they're nigh on impossible to find.

How exactly does Lickilicky get Aromatherapy? Is that an XD move as well or did the site I use to list moves have a flaw?

Edit: Meant to type Heal Bell.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Heh, I personally like Shaymin as the ideal Aromatherapist because it's able to NaturalRest so that it can come in several times to Aromatherapy, and unlike Celebi, there's no 7 weaknesses. Also it has the best capabilities of dishing out raw damage thanks to Seed Flare while still being bulky with 100/100/100 defenses.

I battled you in a ladder battle and you used Meganium, if I recall correctly. (I was testing a Trick Room team that I have only used once).

Articuno and Celebi are the best imo. The reason I say that is this: Tyranitar and Weavile don't get to come in and Pursuit you for free. They both get access to Baton Pass and U-Turn, I believe, so you can escape Tyranitar without taking much damage or no damage at all. Of course, when facing a Pursuit-less team, Blissey, Miltank, Meganium, and the aforementioned Pokes are all viable options.

How about the jump non-ice-beam Aromatherapist. Seems great to me. Send it in to sponge a Special Attack, Aromatherapy on the switch, switch out to a counter to their Blissey Counter. Works well enough.

I like Dragonite and Roserade as clerics. Roserade is suprisingly bulky when ev'd for hp and special defense, and has a decent 286 special attack to work with. No one sees it coming with Dragonite, the gigantic moveset just keeps your opponent guessing.

I battled you in a ladder battle and you used Meganium, if I recall correctly. (I was testing a Trick Room team that I have only used once).
Possibly ... I went through a period of playing the ladder matches with UU teams, and it was not a pleasant experience so I don't do it anymore.

That's also how I know that using Meganium outside of UU is usually not a good idea ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)