Are you up for the challenge

Hi everyone this is my second UU team that I'm posting and really need some suggestion on how to further improve my team. After experimenting with this team a lot I have found that the first 4 memebers Shaymin, Magnezone, Alomomola and Bouffalant are a extremely effective team, however magnezone shares a weakness with both Shaymin and Bouffalant and there is only so much support Alomomola can provide. As such I have been using a Togetic and swampert as my last two members to support the team but I have found them somewhat underwhelming.

So If you think your up to challenge and can provide some constructive criticism to help me improve my team, let me know your suggestions as I am running out of ideas.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Dazzling gleam

I used to run a full offensive set on Shaymin but I found that the lack of bulk prevented it from fulfilling the role I had in mind, as you see Shaymin is Magnezone lure and even though they share a weakness to fire moves they cover each others weaknesses very well, in actually fact most almost any Pokemon that counters or checks Shaymin is in turn countered or checked by Magnezone which is why they work so well together, Crobat for example checks Shaymin however by switching in Magnezone the opponent is often put in a position were they can either stay in and loose a Crobat or they can switch in another Pokemon and potential have it take tremendous damage or have it outright koed.

As I mentioned before Seed flare is to cause switches, leech seed combined with leftovers helps improves Shaymins longevity and makes it incredibly difficult to take down, compliments leech seed and allows for sub/seeding and finally Dazzling gleam is just a good coverage move.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Say hello to one of the most powerful special attackers in the UU tier. Magnezone is hands done a beast with a choice specs a modest nature and analytic as its ability this thing takes no prisoners. As I metioned before the oensive synergy between Zone and Shaymin is incredible, combined with the Sdef drop seed flare provides once Magnezone is in, if the opposing Pokemon has the Sdef drop it is more or less guaranteed that the opponent will loose a pokemon.

Volt Switch provides amazing momentum and hits ridicoulsly hard, thunderbolt is the main stab and unless it is resisted it does a lot of damage. Flash cannon like thunderbolt hits ridicoulsy hard OHKOing Nidoking and doing ridiculous damage on mega manetric and jolteon some popular switch ins. Hidden power ice is for coverage against dragons and grass types etc.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

Alomomola in my opinion is quite possibly on of the best wish passers in the UU tier because of regenerator. while it has little offensive presence it actually builds up a lot of momentum as unlike every other wish passer it does not have to rely on wish to recover its hp, this is quite a big niche when you actually think about it as because of its bulk and regenerator, most of the time when wish passing I find that I get to heal two Pokemon in one turn which is something that no other wish passer can do.

Wish and protect are self explanatory. Toxic helps to wear down opposing bulky waters or setup sweepers and scald is mainly used for burn.

Bouffalant @ Choice Band
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Head Charge
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

Bouffalant is a Pokemon that I feel is severely underrated its Head charge hits ridiculously hard and unlike most other banded pokemon, it actually has the potential to boost its attack just by switching into a grass move, which thanks to sap sipper it is immune to. Bouffalant while yes sharing an weakness with Zone the offensive pressure provided by Shaymin, Zone and Alomomola is just to good to give up. with the combination of its bulk attack and ability Bouffalant glues very well with the team especially Alomomola.

Head charge is for stab and with or without a sap sipper boost it hits hard, stone edge hits flying types and with earthquake completes the edge quake combo megahorn is for coverage against psychics like Mew and Reuniculus.

Togetic (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Def
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Tri Attack

I actually love this little guy; its bulky, has an amazing defensive typing it can get rid of hazards and status's and even has recovery but while it has all of those pros its con drastically outweighs them it has no offensive presence. Togetic while providing tremendous support to the team completely thwarts any momemtum the team has gathered and as you might have gathered, my team relies a lot on momentum and forcing switches. To make matters worse it is complete set up bait as even its Tri attack is only effective for the 40% at causing status.

As I said before Togetic is one of the Pokemon I'm happy to replace so if you have any suggestion i will be grateful.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 HP / 16 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Finally we have Swampert like Togetic I am happy to replace it if someone else has a better suggestion. Swampert provides stealth rock which is always a bonus and it has good synergy with the team especially bouffalant and Magnezone as trying to take Swampert out with using grass moves can potentially give bouffalant a free attack boost and provides and easy switch in for Zone.

Stealth is self explanotory and waterfall and earthquake are reliable stabs, ice punch is for coverage.

As I mentioned before Togetic and Swampert are two pokemon I am considering to replace so if anybody has some legitimate suggestion please let me know :)

Nice team! There are somethings that can be changed though.

First of all, I suggest you replace Togetic with Chansey. Chansey has much better bulk than Togetic. It can has access to heal bell as well. Wish makes it an excellent cleric also.

Second, having no mega is pretty risky. I suggest you replace Alomomola with Mega Blastoise. Blastoise can rapid spin and has incredibly high special attack combined with Mega Launcher.

Here are the sets I would use:
Chansey@Eviolite
Bold
252 Defense, 252 Health, 4 Special Defense
Natural Cure
Toxic/Thunder Wave
Heal Bell
Protect/Seismic Toss
Wish

Blastoise@Blastoisnite
Modest
252 Special Attack, 252 Health, 4 Defense
Mega Launcher
Rapid Spin
Hydro Pump/Scald
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse

Last edited:

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Nice team! There are somethings that can be changed though.

First of all, I suggest you replace Togetic with Chansey. Chansey has much better bulk than Togetic. It can also set up rocks and has access to heal bell as well. Wish makes it an excellent cleric also.

Second, having no mega is pretty risky. I suggest you replace Alomomola with Mega Blastoise. Blastoise can rapid spin and has incredibly high special attack combined with Mega Launcher.

Third, I suggest you replace Swampert with Latias. Latias has a ground immunity which is useful and has pretty good resistances in general.

Here are the sets I would use:
Chansey@Eviolite
Bold
252 Defense, 252 Health, 4 Special Defense
Natural Cure
Toxic/Thunder Wave
Heal Bell
Stealth Rock
Wish

Blastoise@Blastoisnite
Modest
252 Special Attack, 252 Health, 4 Defense
Mega Launcher
Rapid Spin
Hydro Pump/Scald
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse

Latias@Leftovers
Timid
252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Health
Levitate
Psyshock/Psychic
Draco Meteor
Recover
Surf/Thunderbolt
If you say to replace 3 team members, you aren't rating the team so much as destroying it and replacing it with a new one:
Legacy Raider said:
Indeed, it is often best to try and deviate as little as possible from the original team as possible. Remember, you're here to rate the team, not rebuild it. Don't destroy a team's central strategy in order to fix a simple Heatran weakness - instead, cater your fix around the team's strategy. Quoting stathakis, "good rates are ones that help people beat threats without compromising the team's purpose; even better rates are ones that improve the execution of the team's purpose without compromising its ability to deal with threats". If the team is desperately in need of having 3 or more of its Pokemon replaced, then it's hardly worth rating and should be closed under rule 15, with its poster being directed to Battling 101.
This is from the "How to Rate (REQUIRED READING)" thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/how-to-rate-required-reading.59702/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)