Apprentice Program: Round Twenty Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
SOMETHING NEW THIS ROUND!

An apprentice tournament, run concurrently with the normal tutoring term, is going to take place this round! The first 16 apprentices who indicate their desire to participate in their sign up post will be given a spot... just respond "yes" to the tournament participation question included in the format given below.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to make the deadlines for this tournament; there will be no extensions of any kind. If you do not have the time to get assigned matches done promptly, it would be better for you to wait for a different round. Blue Kirby will be administering the tournament, and it will be managed in this forum. Be sure to pay attention to updates here to stay current on the proceedings! All standard rules apply, check out the Tutoring Tournaments page on the site for rules information! If you have questions about the tournament itself, Blue Kirby is your contact.

This round will last for 3 weeks, until July 26, 2008

We are ready to begin Round Twenty Eight of the tutoring program, which will focus SOLELY on D/P OU standard battling; If you wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

This round will last for 3 weeks, until July 26, 2008

Shoddy Battle nick:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?
Experience level*:A little about myself:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO USE SHODDY BATTLE TO PARTICIPATE!

I will begin assigning all tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Twenty Eight Matchups:

Aeroblacktyl - Aquilae
MS - LORD_NIGHTMARE
Taylor - Giant Enemy Crab
Havak - Goldfam
jrrrrrrr - Tsuki Tourou
Spaniard - FightForFun
husk - Limitless
Mystica - Stathakis
IggyBot - Pojopembo
Brawlex - alive
DeLorean - Metronome
Bixby - imperfectluck
Bologo - -ixil-
Gouki - ceramic
Max - Mrobinson587
JabbaTheGriffin - Gibloke99
Jackal - die eter
Silver610 - GengarCrysis92
zerowing - EvilBob
CaptKirby - Pedochu
Great Sage - Orwell
KinglerDude24 - Caelum
Slice n Dice - Olie
Maniaclyrasist - FDS8488
DawnBringer - Bman23433
StrangerDanger - Shelcario
Ancien Régime - Fish-E
TAY - jimbo422
Pulse - Benefit
Calciphoce - WishJirachi
Judgement - Dr. Phil
Ryo - Tech975
maddog - SK8R9
marrilpet - jenigmat429
Yagami Light - xibalba

****IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Shoddy Battle nick: Aquilae, corper
Time zone: GMT + 8
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays - 9pm to 10pm
Tuesdays & Thursdays - 3.30pm to about 8pm
Weekends - Any time
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes, I would like to play in the tournament.
Experience level: Having gone through two previous tutoring programs I can say that I am fairly experienced at this game and I know the basics of pokemon. I would like to participate in another tutoring session as it would help me refine my teambuilding skills, and I would like to learn and build other types of teams deviating from my usual style of Offense.

Assigned to MS

Shoddy Battle nick: LORD.NIGHTMARE
Time zone: GMT+10
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): ALL DAY EVERYDAY, i'm on holydays for the next week and a half.
otherwise, week days: 3:30m pm to 11:30 pm week ends: mostly all day

Do you want to play in the tournament:
yes

Experience level*:
have been up to 1400 on shoddy a few times,
i would call myself a good player but very far away from the pro's you can meet.
i know the basics but i would like to have someone to help me in taking my game much further.
i can build team's but i would like to know some advanced stratergies. i know i could do it myself in time but
some guidence would help fantastically.

A little about myself: my name is michael clark i live in australia and have been a pokemon fan since i was 6.
i like to use shoddy battle but tend to get put down a bit when owend. i am VERY willing to learn.

I would like to request imperfectluck because he is my pokemon hero.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Taylor

Shoddy Battle nick: Minijinx
Time zone: GMT (England)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 11am - 4pm. 4pm - 9pm in GMT
Experience level*:A little about myself: I've been battling competitively in D/P since July 2007. Since then I would say I have been successful since I have reached the Top 100 on shoddy a few times. I just can't build teams anymore and some of my skills are a bit off. Hopefully the apprentice program can fix that ;D

Requesting Taylor or Husk if possible Please :).

Assigned to Havak

Shoddy Battle nick: Goldfan
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): All Days midday until 4:00 PM (assuming that easter Time is 6 hours Behind GMT) This can be variable
Do you want to play in the tournament: YES!!!
Experience level*:

I Have done a lot of Wi-fi Battling on Serebii and Marriland, but i feel that i need to take a step up, To the next level. My Shoddy Ladder Ranking is 1200 At The moment, but i would like to push that up to about 1350, around there ish. Started battling competitve wifi around 6 months ago, but only started shoddy a month ago. My final goal is to be able to hold my own in some of smogons tournaments. Nothing would be better (well not much, i have a small semblance of an outside life) than to feel that i can compete with the rest and be a part of a competitive battling community.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Assigned to jrrrrrrr

Shoddy Battle nick: Fire Praiser, or practically anything that starts with Tsu
Time zone: GMT-4, never use DST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I assume it is 6 PM to 11 PM, but I can stall it up to 12 AM sometimes.I think Eastern time would be 5 PM to 10 PM.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: On a 1/10 scale, I would put myself between 7 and 8.I'm decent, but I don't tend to listen to my instinct, something that always seems to be right whenever I ignore it, but I should do ok.
A little about myself: I would like to call myself a "regular/average" internet denizen, and I like Pokemon.

My first pokemon game was Pokemon Red, game that I played on an emulator because I never liked asking for stuff, but I was pretty happy with it.I also played Yellow, but just to test it.

Then I moved to GSC generation via a friend that lend me Crystal, and I pretty much kept it.

Years later, the R/S era came, and I was still the same, metagame-wise; nothing special, your usual young, careless kid that just wanted to beat the E4 and try to get a decent number of pokemons in my pokedex.Up to this moment, I have never got into breeding, EV's and such.

In about 2005/2006, I joined Pokemon Netbattle, and slowly started growing up into the ADV metagame(Emerald came out much later).From that time up to now, it has been pretty much the same, until DP got out.

I got Pokemon Diamond relatively "late" due to money issues and my shyness, and was obviously different from RBY and GSC, thanks to Metagame.I had a more-balanced ingame team, and when I was done, got some OU pokemons and fought on the Wifi(still doing it).

Never got interested in Shoddy, up until now.I had to get the program to sign up into this...and here I am.

More information about me would be that I have never won a high place in any tourney I have signed up on, but I doubt I have got in even 5 tourneys.

What I'm looking forward to is to be able to make my own teams, get a better prediction, and try to get more confidence and believe in myself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Requesting Taylor.If not possible, I'll try and pick someone else.

Assigned to Spaniard

Shoddy Battle nick: FightForFun

Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I use to be on some hours in the afternoon.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level*:A little about myself: I´m n00b. Can´t play, build teams/strategies. I want to learn how to play Pokemon well. I play very badly but I´m willing to learn the most I can.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to husk

Shoddy Battle nick: .Limitless. and TripleThreat
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10 A.M. - 11 P.M.
Experience level*: I have got into the top 60 on shoddy and broken 100 easily on multiple accounts. Also, I've gotten a rank of 1530 with 1 loss within 2 hours. I need more help with team building, and probably brushen up on my skills. I had a successful time with Jrrrrrr as my tutor awhile back and hope this to be as good!

I request Pulse as my tutor.

Assigned to Mystica

Shoddy Battle Nick: Luke-Testing, Plug It In
Time Zone: gmt +3(ish, I'll be in Greece)
Regular Online Hours: I'm not sure how this will go, but I should be able to be on frequently
Experience level: Well, I"m decent, but not what I'd call "good." I've beaten some good people before, but I've still got a lot to learn, and the tournament would be helpful for this. Last round I scheduled crappily and didn't get much of anything done, but now I'll be less busy. I'm hoping to accomplish a lot this round.

Requesting either Taylor or Spaniard, to ease the time zone trouble a bit.

Assigned to IggyBot

Shoddy Battle nick: Pojopembo (same as here)
Time zone: GMT (UK)
I suppose so :-D
Experience level*:A little about myself: Started cometitive battling with D/P. Have Bred/EV trained around 30 Pokes, but have not gotten into IV breeding as yet. Haven't really battled much though, due to a few Wi-Fi problems, and University exam season and such. Therefore, I haven't really tested my skills yet - N00b :-p

In terms of Shoddy, I've played a couple of times, and have a few things ready, but obv. this is being used as a learning curve for me. I'll be looking mainly for prediction advice, as well as team building synergy as well as standard battling skills.

I always fancied playing on one of the Smogon Tournaments, so hopefully this will prepare me for those, Wi-Fi based or otherwise

Assigned to Brawlex

Shoddy Battle nick: alive, wolf_parade
Time zone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 12:00 noon - 12:00 midnight
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes, i would
Experience level: okay. I haven't really "made a name for myself" or anything but I believe I am a relitively good battler, but of course I need help. i mostly play on the CaP server but with the smogon server comming out thats where I'll be the most. my biggest problem, by far, is team building.

A little about myself: my name is Joseph Bjorn and i live in dallas, Texas. when my mother was pregnet with my older brother my parents moved to Texas from Iceland, I came soon after.

Assigned to DeLorean

Shoddy Battle nick: Metronomed
Time zone: GMT +8
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10pm - 7am, but the preferred time would be 3am-7am. Inconvenient time for U.S. people, I'd imagine.
Do you want to play in the tournament: I'd have to say no here, unfortunately.
Experience level: I got to a rank of 1264 on Shoddy with a mostly sweeper team. I found that I had some real troubles with prediction, especially against some non-standard teams. Also need help with team-building, as I have no clue how to effectively do so. Outside of Shoddy though, I haven't battled much, and have spent most of my time with Battle Tower and breeding. Despite this, I think I have a sense of the various "roles" for certain Pokemon.
A little about myself: I only got back into Pokemon in the past year with D/P, and my collecting side persuaded me to go and buy Emerald and LG too. I like other games like SSB Brawl, but connecting to Wi-Fi creates unplayable amounts of lag, so I don't go online much.

Assigned to imperfectluck

Shoddy Battle nick: Bixby
Time zone: Mountain Time Zone (GMT-7)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Anytime from 12 noon to 12 midnight
Experience level*:A little about myself: Well I first got into Pokemon competitively last summer. I guess I am alright at battling. The one thing that holds me back is team building. The only teams that I build that are successful are somewhat bulky offensive ones and I would like to learn how to build others.

Assigned to Bologo

Shoddy Battle nick: -ixil-
Regular Online Hours: 6-11 pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: no
Experience level*: "I played more during late fall and early winter, but slowed down after january. I have lurked since then, but started playing again recently, but haven't been able have any real success. I wasn't that good in december, and have been playing much worse now. Hopefully this should help improve more or less every part of my game." I had blu last tutoring round, but he was only on once during that time, so I'm really at the same place I was at the beginning of last tutoring section.
I really don't care which tutor I get.

Assigned to Gouki

ShoddyBattle Nick: dragonfruit
Time Zone: GMT
Regular online hours (in EST): 12pm-3pm
Experience Level: I've been playing for a while now, but never really got the hang of prediction, hoping to get a tutor that can help me with that

Oh and yes I want to play the tourney :)

Assigned to Max

Shoddy Battle nick: Mrobinson587
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8pm-2am

Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes A little about myself: I like being competitive.I play the Super Smash Bros series competitively since 05 and I like using the underdog characters. I'm big into sports.

Experience level*: Got my first Pokemon game Diamond in January 08 and I've been playing ever since. Had an OU team at one point but there was no real synergy. Crafted an UU team that I really like and I've never gotten around to making my OU team. Never figured out what the different record numbers on Smogon mean but I have a conservative rating of 1030 on the OU ladder using my UU team. 1275-1438 is my rating.

Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

Shoddy Battle nick: gibloke99 (Woah!)
Time Zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours: 12 am - 9 pm
Tournament: Yes
About Me: I do a lot of different sports, and read alot. Pokemon is actually pretty big at my high school, so I got into it and am better than some.
Experience Level: I'm okay, but I lose the majority of battles I'm in. Tutoring may help, so I'm a willing student.

Assigned to Jackal

Shoddy Battle nick: Leonidass

Time zone: Brussels GMT+1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Whenever needed because of vacation :p
Experience level*: Now picking up pokemon again, after a pause for studying so not so good...
A little about myself: I'm Belgian, so a Dutch or English speaking tutor would be preferable. I'm willing to study and train hard (that really sounded wierd) and I'm ready to learn. I hope someone will help me to come in the OU metagame.

Assigned to Silver610

Shoddy Battle nick: Hauntershadow92
Time zone: either GMT -4 or GMT -5, I think -4 'cause of Daylight savings
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Any day or time other than 2-7 on Saturdays and 3-8 on Sundays.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level*: Um, I would say I'm decently good.
A little about myself: I started compettiive around September, so I'm fairly new. I consider myself a good team builder, but I'm not so hot in the heat of a battle. I tend to use teams focused around my faves, but I make it so it can work in OU. I know nothing about Ubers and a little bit about UU. I play LC from time to time, but I'm really new to that. I run a Clan on Serebii that is probably one of the biggest there. So yeah, thats it. I'm trying to go on various sites other than Serebii to get better at battling now that I got WIFI back!

Assigned to zerowing

Shoddy Battle nick: EvilBob, Blender, Tset
Time zone: Pacific
Nearly any time, dependent on current sleep pattern.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level*:A little about myself: Been playing on D/P OU off and on since Diamond's release. I'm starting to consider myself decent, but I still have issues with good team building and prediction mistakes.

Assigned to CaptKirby

Shoddy Battle nick:
Pedochu
I'll get on usually between 3:00 and 7:00
yes
Experience level:
Average maybe, leaning towards inexperienced
A little about myself: I have a lot of trouble with team building and synergy, and would like to get help with that. I enjoy using lesser seen pokemon and sets and theme teams. I want to eventually learn UU and stuff, but I need to start with OU.

Assigned to Great Sage

Shoddy Battle nick:Orwell
Time zone:Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6-9PM
No
Experience level*: I'm somewhat better than average, (high 1400's on Shoddy a few months ago) but I'm lacking in team building experience.
A little about myself: My hobbies are reading, and playing the games listed in my sig.

Requesting Great Sage or Bologo if at all possible.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to KinglerDude24

Shoddy Battle Nick: Caela, Caelum
Time Zone: EST
Reg. Online Hours: Somewhere in between 3:00 and 9:00 usually
Do you want to play in the tourney: Why not.
Experience: I'm pretty well acquainted with this game, this would probably be the last round I would do this. I think I'm pretty good but still thought I would get a different perspective from one other battler.
Requests: I want someone different than I had before and I've seen Jabba battle a few times and he seems pretty good so I wouldn't mind having him.

Assigned to Slice n Dice

Shoddy Battle Nick :Olie
Time Zone: GMT -7
Regular Online Hours (Eastern Only!): 12-6
Do You Want to Play in this Tournament?: If there's room, sure. if not I'll sub.
Experience Level: Much better since last Round, but I'm in need of touch ups on prediction, just working on prediction.
A Little About Myself: My Team building skills are good, and anything related to team building, anywys, I'm a fan of Pokemon TCG, and football,as well as my addiction to facebook.

Assigned to Maniaclyrasist

Shoddy Battle nick: FDS8488
Time zone: Eastern (GMT -4)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 12 PM - 11 PM everyday exception is workdays (one or two random days per week)
Experience level*: A little about myself: I am fairly experienced and have been playing OU competitively off and on since around the 3rd generation (R/S/E) on net battle. I've played a good amount of D/P OU on both Wi-Fi and Shoddy but have never gotten on the top 100 ladder. I'd like to work on my team building skills and competitive strategies in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)