Apprentice Program - Round Thirty Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to MS

Shoddy Battle nick: shiki misaki, jumpluff
Age: fourteen @___@ I'll be fifteen two days after the end of the round, haha.
Time zone: +11 GMT [+10 usually, but daylight saving time!]
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): ~(8-10) PM-8 AM. I get off for a few hours in between, and the time I get on depends on my schedule at school, but yeah.
Do you want to play in the tournament? No thanks XD;
Experience level: I do alright in UU, but I can't battle in standard. I've only been battling for a few months anyway. But I've read a lot and I really want to learn! I'm currently using my friend's team, and I'm doing quite well with it considering I only battle a few times a day, but I don't know how to build good teams or play with the current threats in OU, especially not after Platinum.
A little about myself: I'm a homeschooled Australian nerdy girl and I'm obsessed with books. And I'm pretty energetic in my personality @__@. I often go on Shoddy just to chat and/or watch my friends battle, so a few people on Shoddy know who I am now ^_^ Oh, and I'm in Year Ten at the moment, which means a few days after the tutor round [well, one], I have some super-important exams, but they're easy so I'll still be around until I settle into hardcore study mode. I love history and science as well, and I have an unfortunate fixation with the Ebola virus, which uh yeah seems to scare some people off...

I don't have any tutor requests, but someone particularly forgiving and approachable would be nice, please, as I'm terribly shy x_x Someone who's just on Shoddy a lot would be nice as opposed to scheduling formal times. And if I get a place [which would be awesome], don't feel limited to my time zone; I'm semi-homeschooled and most days only go to school for two or three hours, so I'm often on hours before the rest of Australia is.

My app. for Battling 101

Assigned to Olie

Ok, um, I don't know if this is right, but....
Shoddy Battle nick: Ratchetdude099
Time zone: Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Um, usually between 6 and 10-11pm on weekdays. Weekends are unpredictable.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Um, yes
Experience level: I don't know? Sorry
A little about myself: Well, I'm not a good battler, but I know about a few things. I'm joining because I want to get better at things like battling. I don't know what else to put here, so I hope I'm accepted into this.
Later,

Assigned to DawnBringer

Shoddy Battle nick: NachoMan/Nachos
Time zone: GMT United Kingdom
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 11am - 5pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? I signed up in Round 32.
Experience level* I've been playing competitive for over a year. I know the basics of prediction but I always find myself losing to the better players. I'd like to know the in and outs of good Team-Building and how to predict as well as I can.
:A little about myself: I like business and law.

I had trouble meeting my tutor last round due to time issues, could I request someone who's in Europe? If that's possible, great.

Assigned to Twist of Fate

Geez, that damn time-zone

Shoddy Battle nick: Crinold
Time zone: GMT +1 Amsterdam, Brussel
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): evening mostly and the whole sunday
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? no I'm to late already
Experience level* Pretty much know the basics, I make some decent teams but I never get high on the rankings. I have almost no prediction experience at all. At the moment I'm teaching from my mistakes each and every battle and learn the game that way.
:A little about myself: I'm a very patient learner and I need an example of things before I fully understand them.

Did we skip the tounament on the last round? I was looking forward to participating in it, and actually was in the first 16 to ask to.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to maddog

Shoddy Battle nick: Jimbo
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Varies, 2 PM+ on weekdays, 7 AM+ Weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level: I'm an above average player who wants to get better. I haven't been able to play a lot lately so I'm a little out of practice. I have good prediction skills but I sometimes make sloppy plays... I learned a lot with TAY a few rounds ago, but not playing for a while has made my skill level go way down imo, looking to bring it back up :)
A little about myself: I'm a normal high school Junior I guess? I'm a quick learner (hopefully) and very eager.

I would like to request JabbaTheGriffin if possible. He accepted me as a side-tutee a while ago, but I've been really busy so I haven't been able to talk to him. Unfortunately I haven't been able to ask him recently, so Jabba, if you decline it's ok ;) We're on at the same times and I like his playstyle so he'd be a good tutor for me.

Edit- Also, If I cannot get Jabba as a tutor, I would not want August, Dawnbringer, Kevin Garrett, or TAY, as I've talked to them a lot about teambuilding and I'd like to see someone else's playstyle and teaching techniques.

Assigned to Bologo

Shoddy Battle Nick: truth.
Timezone: GMT -5
Regular online hours: Almost all day; until about 09:00 PM.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: Moderate
A little about myself: Well, I play Shoddy Battle, but I'm not that good at building teams, so yeah, looking for a bit of help in that department as well as getting better. I'm a Middle School student too.

Assigned to Bass

Shoddy Battle nick: Marowack, Sarcasm

Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): weekdays 4:15-6:15 and 7:30 - 8:30, weekends er..all the time
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: It's a bit meh, i wouldn't say i'm horrible
A little about myself:My rating is 1250-ish on smogon and seems to have stuck :( so i'm looking to get it higher

Shoddy Battle Nick: Mr.Postman
Timezone: GMT -7
Regular online hours: Almost all day except for the weekends.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: Moderate
A little about myself: I'm not that good at team building and I don't know about many Pokemon. I've pretty much only used 10 - 15 Pokemon.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: -Az
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Uhh, Eastern is GMT-5, right? So I guess 08:00-19:00ish Eastern, and 13:00-00:00 GMT if I screwed that up horribly. B)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes.
Experience level: Uhh, difficult to gauge, pretty amateur. Competitively I really don't have much experience at all.
A little about myself: What to say? I could use help team building, I guess, and being filled in with an overview of the metagame as a whole, just to get me on my feet.

In more general terms, though, I'm a pretty easy going guy and I shouldn't be too difficult to get along with. You can usually find me in #smogon or #fluodome, I enjoy a good old-fashioned !mafia lynch, a newfound obsession for Fire Emblem and long walks by the beach.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Did we skip the tounament on the last round? I was looking forward to participating in it, and actually was in the first 16 to ask to.
It'll be a 32-person tournament again, with the first 16 of Round 32, and the first 16 of Round 33. So you should still be in :)

Shoddy Battle nick: Reno.
Time zone: UTC+10 hours
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Afternoon due to college, so about 11am-5pm or so. Holidays are coming up soon, so most of the day then.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes, if there are enough spots.
A little about myself: I unicycle, I play Pokemon, I am going in drag to a halloween party, I had a shave yesterday.
Experience Level: I consider myself above-average, but I often make mistakes that cost me the game. Prediction help would be awesome, as I feel that is my downfall. Team building I am generally alright with, although I sometimes go for the "cool" option rather than the good option.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: I have many. However my main two accounts that have gotten me high ladder rankings are PB-Limitless II and Limitless.
Time zone: Eastern Standard
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3 P.M. - 9 P.M. on weekdays. All the time on weekends.
Do you want to play in the tournament: I think all of the spots are taken, however if I can be a sub or something, then sure.
Experience level: I have won a battling 101 tournament, and I have gotten 8 accounts over 1640. My highest Shoddy ranking for the Smogon Sever is 1654. In addition to that, I've gotten to 4th on the UnderUsed ladder.
A little about myself: I tend to think the metagame as a "economy" of a country. For instance, my family buys Real Estate investments ranging from Commercial to Residential. With every changing market, we have to adjust to the demands and frankly the oversupplying of any particular market. I believe that is my philosophy when it comes to metagame shifts. So in retrospect my niche that I like to portray is anti-metagame teams.

While having great success on the ladder, I would like to learn how to build top caliber teams. From the success on the ladder, the teams I used were either other people's who let me borrow them, or at least 4 teams that I came up with pure luck really.

I would like to ask for any of the following: Zerowing, MS, JabbaTheGriffin, or TAY.

I do not under any circumstances want: Kevin Garrett, jrrrrrrr, Husk, August, DawnBringer. I have nothing against these people, however I either have had them for a tutor before, or I talk with them frequently, and I want a new spin on things.

Shoddy Battle nick: JerryBeansTesting or JerryBeans
Time zone: EDT (EST)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Right now on the weekdays, anytime from 3pm - 9:30pm is fine. I'd say I'm most active from 3-4pm or 8-9:30 pm, but I can change that if necessary. Saturday I can stay up late (1~am) but usually I'm not available during the day. Sunday I should be available during most of the day 1pm-8pm.

Do you want to play in the tournament: yes

Experience level: I've been playing shoddy inconsistently from the beginning of summer (june) until now. I feel the only thing holding me back is my ability to build a consistent team, which is the area I need the most help on. When I copied various teams, I was able to hit 1500 on the standard ladder. Getting such a ranking from this method is what I don't want to do, I want to build a consistent team from my own reasons and testing, copying teams means I'm not making any progress. I'd say I'm intermediate, I know all the basics like evs, how to use damage calc, etc. Right now for platinum battling my rating is bleh, I've been attempting and spending good time on building my own teams through testing, but they have been mostly 'hit or miss', and with garchomp gone I feel team building is more important than ever. For wifi battling, I have always loved roulette battles, but I'm sure that has to do with my poor team-building ability.

A little about myself: I had to spend ten minutes googling time zones in order to make this post.... Uh, I'm friendly, and can get along with most people. I go to a public high school, and I've been doing pretty well. I've always loved stradegy games (ccgs) which is how I got into competitive pokes. I really wish I could contribute more to this community, it's the greatest forum I've ran into on the internet yet. Umm, I have a sense of humor and friendly (like I said earlier) for what it's worth. I'm eager to learn =)

-----
If I could request a tutor, I would really like DawnBringer. We seems to talk to each other on AIM frequentely (being online at the same time) and he's helped test my teams on shoddy. He reccommended that I sign up for the tutor program for help on team building.

I hope I make it.

Shoddy Battle nick: squirtleboy12
Time zone:East atlantic time(-4 hours)florida
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): weekdays:4-6 pm weekends:10 am-9pm(Usually)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level: average,have won mini-tourmtns in cap server,ranked 7 in cap server(currently)but have a low average on smogon
A little about myself: i ahve been in smogon for along time however not participating much in disscussion,I would like to learn and become a better battler since for me average just dosn't cut it.I like learning so that's a good point lol.i like squirtles and the color yellow?More to say?

i hope i make it

p.s if possible pair me with son of thunder hes awosme ansd we go to cap lol!

I hope I'm not too late.
Shoddy Battle nick:
Kisuke
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays 5-10 PM, weekend times are unpredictable
Do you want to play in the tournament: no
Experience level: On a scale of 1-10 I'd say a 5, I'm pretty average or not that good I guess. I'd like some help with team building, and my prediction could use some work, I have the basic stuff down. I just need some help to take it further.
A little about myself: Let's see, I'm just an average, nerdy high school Junior. I've been playing Pokemon competitively since around October of last year. I started out on WiFi and stuck with that for a few months, but around January of this year I started playing Shoddy, and found it much better.

Dark_Umbreon

Shoddy Battle Nick: Sweet Sacrifice
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours(Eastern Only!) 2pm-9pm weekdays and weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament yes or no? yes
Experience Level: I have been playing shoddy for the last two weeks and I am also new to pokemon. I feel that I have a lot of room for improvement like prediction skills and I also want to learn the proccess of making good teams.
A little about myself: I have been playing pokemon for 2 weeks and I am really motivated to learn about the current metagame. I hope to achieve the goal of reaching every leaderboard and I feel this tutoring program can help me achieve this. And most importantly, i am ready to have fun while doing this program :D

P.S May I recommend Kevin Garret I asked him and he said he would be glad to tutor me :D

Shoddy Battle Nick: Shelcario
Time Zone: Eastern(Pennsylvania)
Regular Online Hours: 4 P.M.-8 P.M.(Weekdays) and weekends(anytime)
Do you want to play in the tournament yes or no? yes
Experience Level: Semi-Expert/Semi-Novice
A little about myself: I would like to know how to predict better as right now I pretty much suck at it and, considering I signed up for the last couple of apprentice programs and either didn't get in or got a tutor that resigned from being a tutor I'd like to actually be a part of this one.

Shoddy Battle nick: rayquazamaster7776

Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): on and off from 2:30 to about 5-6:30
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No, I don't think I'm ready yet
Experience level: I was pretty good in D/P, but took a 1-month hiatus from battling after Platinum came out, and am not at all adjusted to this metagame.
A little about myself: I'm in 10th grade, I skipped kindergarten, I know how to make video games(a little), and I hate Skymin.

Shoddy Battle nick: PokemonKing77
Time zone: Central {1 hour before EST}
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; 6-6:30pm, 8-9:30pm{most likely will catch me on the later times} Weekends: Saturday; 3-10 pm: Sunday 10am-5pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: No
Experience level: Well I've made a few competetive teams, but they work out only for a little bit. I'd say on a scale of 1-10, I'd give myself a 3. I can make amazing predictions at times, but most of my teams don't have a plan B in case my main strategy fails. My teams usually require a certain scenario to win.I did peak out at 1275 on the standard ladder though, which in my opinion, is really good.
A little about myself: I've been lurking around smogon for months, and I just made an account recently. I really want to make a lot of good teams by myself, and I feel that this is the way to go. I'm in the 9th grade, and I do very well in school. I like cheese and cereal. I really hope I make it.

Shoddy Battle Nick:Maji or Catal
Time Zone:Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern Only): 2pm to 11 pm, Weekends about all day.
Experience Level: I would say im above average i, have knowledge of the game but feel my team building skill's are lackluster.I also feel that i would beable to improve my prediction as well with someone more experience then myself.
A little about myself: I’m a senior in high school i like to play pokemon in my spare time.I like to play most games and watch anime , other hobbies would include sports just a well rounded individual.

I just woke up and there are already two pages!?
Shoddy Battle nick: 91ale
Time zone: GMT-5 (I think its the same as EST)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):16:00 to 22:00
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No, unless the tournament is not from 7Nov-14Nov, i'll be away for 7 days
Experience level: Im an okay. I’ve played competitively now for about less than two months or so, I have basic knowledge. However, my teams never appear as having a strategy. I need help at battling and team building. Last round I didn’t have the opportunity to learn much because I had real trouble finding time to meet with jrrrrrrr, he was on at similar times but when I was just logging on he was already leaving. I still have much to learn
A little about myself: I have played since the red/blue and have ever enjoyed playing it over and over again. I’m new with competitive battling so I need some help. As you can see, my English is pretty good although it is not my native language. I think its great practice for me to write and communicate in English. I’m an IB school student so I occasionally have work overload. But it has never kept me from taking time to relax
Thanks for the help :)!

Shoddy Battle nick: Magik
Time zone: GMT -6 Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 12 - 7 (PM)
Experience level: Medium
A little about myself: I've been playing pokemon since RBY and usually play games for profit. I have quit jobs because I do not like to work for mininum wage and attempt to be my own boss. Right now all of my income comes from different video game tournaments.

Shoddy Battle nick: Hocotate
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): On most weekdays around 8:00 to 10:00pm, on weekends around 1:00.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Sure.
Experience level: Started in... mid-June I think, still not a very good player. Still not very experienced with Shoddy.
A little about myself: In school in Toronto, and doing fairly well. I've played pokemon since GSC, but not competitively. Is Asian, like apparently everyone else on Smogon. Thinks Olimar is top tier (lol), and plays more Brawl than is good for a human. I'm learning 5 languages at once and occasionally burst into song in French.

Ah god, a wee bit too late....

Shoddy Battle nick: golly
Time zone: Central MN
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): :-/ I am usually on at 6:00 I think? I don’t know not too consistant, sometimes at 9:00 too. I do usually get on for a decent amount of time though.

Experience level*:A little about myself: Voted in the chomp thing, but for some reason was kind of a stuggle to me, when it looked like a breeze for everyone else. I don’t even know what my main problem is, sometimes I think I make a decent team, and just do terrible on the ladder and scrap it. Lately with Platinum, I’m just having a nightmare of a time adjusting to it. I’ve really never had such a mind block before. I think a tutor could help me battle more consistently well on the ladder, and refine my teams more for me. Also help get back into the gist of things, and help me improve a bunch. Give me a good nudge in the right direction.

By the way if Krew (Son of Thunder) is going to be a tutor, and I get paired with him, it'll be weird, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)