Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: barty the beetle
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Barty the Beetle
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
CEST (GMT+2), available around 5 PM to 9 PM on weekdays, depending on stuff IRL. On weekends, it is a bit more varied, due to the fact that in some weekends I travel to my father, where there is less time in the day.
What tier do you want to learn?:
BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:
Now, where to start?

I’ve been around Smogon since Tomohawk was started, but I’ve had some fairly large gaps in actually being on. I’ve tried a small bit to try and get into Pokemon myself, but never really managed it. Of course, the fact that I’m also into another game which has claimed most of my free time in the last year, and I’ve never really gotten around to truly learning this. Now, the meta is about to end due to gen 6 being so close, so what better time to start learning than now?
Will you be willing to do
tutee talkthreads on your tutors?: Yes.

Username: Meteorr
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: kelpo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, and i can get on anywhere from 4pm to 11pm on weekdays and anytime on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: ive been playing competitive mons for 1.5 years and play pokemon to procrastinate and kill time cuz even if i lose to garbage ass quick claw dynamic punch its still a fun game!!! i also love using stupid gimmicks to make you salty.
What tier do you want to learn?: ive always been fascinated by gen 4 ou since it seems so perfectly balanced since it isnt the hyper offensive orgy that gen 5 is and it isnt constant stall wars like gen 2 and i can use infernape and swmpert without being called a terrible scrub :]]]]]
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: ive lurked for a loooong time but never really posted much cuz i didnt know what to say, but i learn really fast, am a very consistent player when im actually trying and wanna be able to learn gen 4 which is my favourite gen so then i can take on the world!

(i was also skipped last round)

Username: HispanicPanic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: HispanicPanic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 I'm usually available all day on Tuesday, Thursday, and the weekend. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I'm available after 4PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been on a Smogon for a little while now, and I'm really enjoying my time here. I've been wanting to learn a new tier for a while now, so I'm really excited for this round of Battling 101! I'm from New Orleans, so I have a bit of a Southern accent if that's of any interest.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely
My tutor was not able to tutor me the last round, so I was told I'd be given priority this round.

Last edited:
Username: kvothe
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: akshaydixi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5:30 8pm- 12am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU / BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love doing things I love which happen to include coding and Pokemon. HUGE fan of the franchise since it came out. Only recently thought about playing competitively and thus found out about Smogon. Frankly I'm a huge noob in this and would love any guidance.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Why of course!
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS:
I am a highly curious individual and looking to take the competitive Pokemon world by storm ( or a Gust, if you will ). Of course, if I would love to be a (somewhat) valuable addition to this amazing community.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Snaquaza

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Snaquaza

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, Usually from 6 till 10 GMT and about 11 till 11 at weekends, my school is pretty variable and some other activities I have to do, so sometimes I can come a bit earlier.

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2UU, it has attracted me a long time already and I really want to get better at it, I am fascinated by the many playstyles and the big amount of viable Pokemon.

Tell us a little about yourself: I joined Smogon in April after having lurked for a bit more than half a year, I battle competitively now for about nine months and I got a bit better, but am still not so good and often make dumb plays, I really want to fix this. I have till now lurked mostly on the metagame forums as I am don’t think I know enough about the meta’s yet to make worthy posts there. At the past I started with Ubers but went quickly to other tiers as I didn’t really liked it, I tested all but like UU the most by far. Oh and I hate hax. I decided I wanted to get tutored as I never really thought about it, but a lot of my friends did so and I thought it was a great idea to do it too. Pokemon is my biggest hobby by far but I do some sports as well and I play guitar. I am Dutch.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Last edited:

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Username: papai noel
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: elodin
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt-3, available tuesdays, thursdays and weekends during the night and the afternoon.
What tier do you want to learn?: adv ou
Tell us a little about yourself: i started playing competitive pokémon a few years ago and now that i haxed 12 brains and managed to lose i've decided to learn a new tier to try smogon tour. ._.

danilo agreed to tutor me.

Last edited:
Username: Laurel
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Laurel
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3pm - 10pm EST (GMT -4, I believe)
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm good at gen 4, okay at gen 5 OU. I like the subtiers more. I like Tennis. My favorite pokemon is Charmander. I live in the US East Coast. I like dogs. I was accepted round 75, but was not tutored once. I really want to learn ADV OU.

Username: Inferstrain
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Inferstrain
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5:00PM - 12:00PM (EST)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU / BW2 OU Monotype
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Inferstrain. I am totally in love with competitive Pokemon. I am already an alright player, having reached 1700 in Ubers once, but I'd really love to learn more. My favorite tiers are OU and OU Monotype, but I play almost every tier, supported or unsupported. :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Okay, since I only have a few posts, let me specify who I am and why I want a tutor. I have a few friends who also play PS!. Some more experienced, some less. The more experienced sometimes "tutor" me, but I really want to have a tutor for real. I like Pokemon, but my biggest weakness is teambuilding, and I'd love some help with that too. Thank you for your attention.

Username: JayJay21
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pokemon Online and Or Pokemon Showdown
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Im on from like usually 7pm till like 3 am LOL. So for UTC/GMT -5 hours that would be from 7am - 3pm but because a little bit of insomnia ill be online At 3am till 12-pm.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing pokemon since BW1. i have always love Martial arts and have taken a bit of Wing Chun, Judo, and Karate also after this summer ill be taking Muay Thai. I love and listen to Rock and Metal. Im currently learning guitar (again) and write poetry ever now and then. I am 18 years old, 6'1 and will treat people how they treat me.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes ofc :]

I HAVE GOTTEN TUTORS IN THE PASS BUT THEY ALL LEFT HALF WAY AND IN TOTAL GOT ONLY 5 SESSIONS. I WAS ALSO SKIPPED LAST ROUND

Last edited:
Username: Grimsly
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ryuzaki San/Grimsly
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10, any time I'm not sleeping or working haha
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Well I enjoy playing competitive Pokemon and would love to better learn ADV OU/DPP OU for the smog tour :D I'm from Sydney Australia, completed school and am in a gap year atm, love a lot of the Metal genre music wise, and as for hobbies, I enjoy drawing! I'd love to become more helpful in the art department/CAP forum part here as well which would be good fun. Otherwise that's me in a nutshell haha.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

Username: alex32
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: alex32
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 ~W-E and 7 pm - 11 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, that's two months I do pokemon strategy and I play primarily on SD or french time. I met including Remedi on French time that helped me. He agreed to take me as an apprentice :) I'm motivated to progress in the strat!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes sure.

Username: xNoQa
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: xNoQa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10 (Australia) 5:00pm-2:00am (Weekdays) Weekends it varies.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a musician and athlete, I love games and anime, have been playing the meta-game since 2011, just never really dove into any of the tiers respectively, hence why I have chosen OU to hopefully stick with.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I don't see why not.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I have never really been active on the Smogon forums, mostly because I couldn't really help contribute to anybody, so I decided learning a tier could help me help the community. Also I'd like to place higher on the ladder.

Last edited:

Scotti

we back.
Username: Scotti
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: Scotti
Your timezone and usual hours of availability
: GMT-5 | 8:00pm - 10:00pm (weekdays) | 7:00am - 11:00pm (Weekends)
hat tier do you want to learn?: RU and NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I play the baritone and i play football (already had to sit out of few days thanks to shoulder incident.) I also like to act, and like watching anime mostly One Piece =) I play pretty much every tier, but i want to improve in the ones i am not that good at only hitting like 1900+ like NU and RU.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I don't mind

EonX has agreed to tutor me in RU

Last edited:
Username: Lampent
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: AspenBahn, Kosuke
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +9:00, and I am usually available at about 7:00 to 9:00 local time.
Tell us a little about yourself: I first started playing competitively a year ago. I always loved strategy games, and I got hooked the instant I started playing. I always loved teambuilding (I'm better at theory than actual battling) and have many successful teams used by other players, but I find myself always lacking on actual battling skills. This is the reason I have signed up, to tell the truth. Since the BW2 era is almost at an end, I would at least like to finish off on a good note so I can continue to X/Y.
In a more personal level, I live in Japan, but I've lived overseas in my young childhood and I am very competent in English (Maybe so more than my mother toungue!). Though I have school and homework on weekdays, I usually play 7:00 to 9:00 local time. Saturdays and Sundays vary, and I'm usually out doing something else.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!

Last edited:
Username: Frochtejohgurt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Betonmischa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2 all day until uni starts in the middle of october
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Yeah, I like pokemon and I'm pretty good at it atleast in BW OU. So now I'm looking to expand into an older gen. I like all people.

Last edited:
Username: CarbonTheSecond
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: CarbonTheSecond / ChuckBeenTestin
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, Roughly 17:00 -> 22:00 in said timezone.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU / BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive pokes on and off for around 4-5 years now, having started off after getting a bit involved with the old TeamUber community. I had never played particularly seriously until a year or two ago, though, and spent my first couple of years just making things up as I went along. After taking a (roughly) 6 month hiatus from the game, I've recently gotten back into the community and have reached a decent level of play. Nonetheless, I haven't played too much in the lower tiers recently (when I have, I've been atrocious), and I would really enjoy being able to reach a respectable level of play in those areas. On a more personal level, I'm a Senior (in HS) living in Paris, France, enjoy most forms of EDM, and spend quite a bit of time working on digital art and film. So yeah, that's that. ^^
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yep

Username:xavplusplus
Pokemononline etc: I think I have one and its also xavplusplus
Timezone: eastern time zone; to be determined but mainly evenings after 9:00 pm
Tier: OU
About me: I love playing magic competitively and I need a new game to move onto therefor pokemon. I beat white in about 30:00 hours and I want to have harder more complicated battles. I always get waaaay into hobbies which i know I will with this.
The Reason You Should Teach Me: I get super into games and you will see improvement this is the place to learn. I want to learn and will go out of my way to play. For instance in magic I did tournaments four days a week and placed first in some of them. I dropped a ton o money and have a ton of fun. I don't really know how to end this other than you'd be surprised how crazy I get with this kind of stuff.
Tutee Talk: Sure

Username: BananaShoes
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: BananaShoes on Pokemon Online or Pokemon Showdown, whichever is preferable.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (UTC-05:00) I'm generally available from 9pm - 3am and 8am - 11am; however, i can be flexibile and work whenever my Mentor is free.
Tell us a little about yourself: While I've been playing Pokemon since Gen I, I've only been into the competitive battling scene for about a year now. After DPPT my interest in the games started to dwindle as i felt that Game Freak was really starting to tap out their creativity. As such, i took a short break from the games until a friend of mine introduced me to the competitive aspect of such. I had always known a bit about the Meta; however, it wasn't until about a year ago that i really took interest in it. Since then, I've been on PO almost daily working on really learning the Metagame and trying to hone my skills as a competitive player. While i know I've come a long way since i started (boy was i bad), i feel like there is only so much i can personally teach myself. I feel like I've more or less reached a plateau: and, i'm hoping that being mentored by someone will really help to get me past this wall that I've hit. I still have so much to learn, and i feel that this program is exactly what i need to truly become decent at the game.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely!
Why I feel i should be tutored: While i'm brand new to these forums, i do expect to become an avid member one of these days. I'm a fast learner, and i am extremely dedicated to anything that i set my mind to. If given the chance to be tutored, you can rest assured that i will be putting forth my utmost effort. My schedule is flexible and i am happy to work with any tutor you can give me; long story short, i will do anything that is asked of me to help better myself as a battler, and to make sure my tutor is satisfied with the work they are doing. I'm happy to work in a Tutee Talk Forum, and i'm happy to fill out any kind of Mentor review or recommendation that i need to after this is all said and done. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to be mentored by one of your members. Thank you for this opportunity!

Note: I was skipped last round.

Last edited:

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Username: Stoned RG
PS username: ADVshipping; MayIsFuknHot; EverGrande
PO username: Nate.; The Fighter
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. From 5 pm to 9 pm Mondays-Thursdays; 5pm to 12 am Friday-Sundays. In about a month, it wont be as flexible due to exams coming up.
Tier you want to learn: BW2 UU; HG/SS OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, im ending school right now, so i wont really have time in November, so in October i have time to both study and play PO. I theroically started in pokemon in Ruby and Sapphire, though i would leave it later on for idk what reasons. I got back into it about 3 years ago, when my friend LilOu started bringing his DS to school. Since then, i have replayed all main series games quite a lot of times, my first one being FireRed and my favorite being Platinum. I got into competitive battling by watching famous poketubers, namely wilechase, shofu and pokeaimmd, i learned from the latter two the entire basis of battling, and recently i watched Rchizzle9, chimpact... i shouldnt go on i think. I guess i can call myself a decent OU player, as well as an ubers one, and i used to play BW uu, but left it during early BW2 era to focus myself in OU. I read a lot stuff, recently getting into Pokemon Adventures and all types of fanfiction.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors: **** yes

Note: My first time being tutored, i learn quickly tho, you dont have to worry about me not getting stuff.

EDIT: my tutor should not be shipping Ash with anybody but May :]

Last edited:
Username: dbzmariogeno
PS username: DBZMariogeno, RotomPoison, HydreigonMaster635
PO username: RotomPoisom
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. From 5 pm to 8 pm Monday-Thursday; 10am to 12 am Friday-Sundays.
Tier you want to learn: BW2 NU; DPP OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: Had really bad surgery, for almost a year now, hard to explain, but painful every second, so not going to go into it, but it limits my time on things like this, but i'll be free a lot still. Otherwise, high school kid who failed and hates Chemistry, plays Ubers a lot, and actually know what i'm doing unlike the many people bringing Tyrogues lol.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors: yes

Note: I've been skipped for 4 rounds in a row... technically I was chosen in 1 of those but my tutor never replied to me.

Username: Pokemasta77
Pokemon Showdown: Pokemasta77
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST And After School
What tier do you want to learn?: RU!
Tell us a little about yourself: Sadly, I havent been playing in a while because my friends got me addicted to League. I have now returned and really dislike the stat of OU currently. I decided to pick a new tier and I ended up with RU.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Not sure what that is but probably.
I was skipped two rounds ago I believe and did not sign up last time.

Last edited:
Username: FlyingTiger
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: FlyingTiger
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -4), around 3:30 to 8:00
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I've always loved playing Pokemon, but I just recently got into the competitive scene, and I'm really not too knowledgeable, and I want to learn LC because it seems like the most fun tier, where you can do things you couldn't do in the normal tiers

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I haven't posted yet because I don't really know too much about competitive battling, but I can learn pretty fast if somebody teaches me

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Haruno
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Haruno
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7 3-9pm on weekdays, on weekends from 5pm-12am
Tell us a little about yourself: Want to expand to just beyond the ubers metagame so ou seems like the next reasonable choice. That and I'm somewhat interested in how things in ou work since I've never really tried it out. I also major in psychology. I live in california. Mewtwo x sucks.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes sure.

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Username: MCBarrett
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Barrett50cal and OG $wank mostly
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4; everyday from around 4-6 PM and sometimes around 9-11 PM and early afternoons.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I feel like I'm pretty good at NU, it just seems to fit my preferred playstyles and it has come pretty naturally to me. I'm still relatively new to the tier though and would like to really get to know it in and out at some point. As far as personal interests go I play basketball, go to school in Boston, and I'm pretty into rap like A$AP Ferg and Danny Brown atm. But I'm chill and will talk about anything, so its all good.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:fo shizzle

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Albus
Pokemon Showdown Username: Albus80
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5; everyday from 8:00 to 11:00 PM or the entire day in most weekends, unless i have a lot of college work or something else to do.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU; BW2 NU; ADV OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm someone who used to be a full-time-battler and had a good competitive level and understanding with/of nearly all the tiers (mainly OU and VGC); hovewer, since i became a full-time breeder/RNG Abuser, an addict of playing Gamecube games (specially TLOZ: Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4 and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness) and having the rest of my time sapped by my pre-universitary studies, i stopped playing competitively since like um...6 months ago? (like a week or two after Deoxys-D became an Uber iirc) So... i want to "re-learn" how to play in OU and NU and adjust to the new (to me) playstyles/threats, etc; have some good advice to build successful teams; and as a bonus, to learn how to play in ADV OU.
My personal interests are mostly reading English-written stuff (my first language is not english btw), playing video games, my body fitness and The Walking Dead (only 1 month left for the TV series' return!)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course i will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)