Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: blaaz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pr0stitution/BLAAZ
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 2-10 m-th anytime on weekends my timezone is GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU / BW2OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Ive been playing since salamence's banning in 4th gen and never really had a strong footing in the game. I'd like to learn more so i can become an acive and helpful member in the community. Other than pokemon I enjoy Marching Band, Soccer, BMX, and pretty much anything involving music.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Was skipped last round

Username: Jerad

Pokemon Online Username: Jerad

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, from around 4 PM to 10 PM weekdays, except Wednesday and all day on most weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?: 4th gen OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing Pokemon since I was 8, and was a major card collector. After recently purchasing Soul Silver, I've discovered the world of Pokemon competitive gaming, and really look forward to learning about it.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, definitely

Why I should be tutored with less than 25 posts: After discovering this site, I've been coming back at least 4 or 5 times a day to read articles and trying to learn how to play better. I think that I would learn a lot faster if I had a tutor to guide me in actual games and team building to further my experiencing. I am dedicated to this, and will not simply stop if it becomes too difficult or complicated.

Username: PK Freeze
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PK Freeze
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6:00 Most of the day I'm open(8am-10pm), maybe a few days I won't be available + Monday and Wednesday nights.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been lurking the forums for a while(without an account obviously), but I'm still struggling with some things such as teambuilding. I hope to stop copying what the analysis says and start finding my own sets. Other than that I play bass guitar, racquetball, and basketball
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Sure.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I have a grasp on basic mechanics and techniques of the competitive scene, I just need help with memorizing threats, teambuilding, etc. I know how to navigate PS very well.

Username: Dakar
Showdown Username: Dakar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. (summer break begins on the 7th, so I;ll be available from 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM most days) weekdays, 10 a.m - 11 p.m. weekends (dependant) GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU/BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I would consider myself a somewhat good battler, getting and keeping a 1700 or so ACRE ladder ranking on Showdown! I'd like to improve my prediction and fine-tune my games. I often just make somewhat snappy judgements in battles, and I'd like to work on making those more for an end purpose in mind for my team(s).

I use a somewhat more defensive, bulky offense playstyle, often preferring to set something up or switch over brute force attacking. This can be great at times, and also a hinderance. Part of why I'm applying is to hone that skill, as well as branching out to using other varied playstyles.

Outside of Pokémon, I'm a High School Sophomore. I enjoy Chemistry and science in general. I've dabbled in pixel art and am working on a ROM hack with some friends. I usually don't watch T.V, but when I do it's either Parks & Rec., Adventure Time, or Top Gear. I'm a Redditor, so I will be on there, if that aids with communication. I also play the F Horn in the band at school, and I enjoy that as well.

In note to my timing, next week is the last week of school, so I'll be completely free until July 4th.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely!

I was skipped in Round 73

Username: Lunatic Lies
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Contrail
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -5, anytime except 7-10 AM, since school's out.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Love music, basketball, and soccer. Been playing for almost a year now, and have become pretty good at the actually battling part of the game. I still really struggle with teambuilding and want to improve in it. In round 72, my schedule was clear at the beginning, but began filling up with things thanks to school (which now won't be a problem) and timezones with my tutor were problematic, so we were only able to get two sessions in, and I would really like some more time to learn teambuilding, get more perspectives, etc. I've also never been a ladder player, but I've been solid in tournaments where school didn't cause me to give up the round.

I was assigned a tutor for the beginning of Round 73, but the day after the pairings were announced, mine was removed for reasons unknown to me.

Username: cxinlee
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: cxinlee
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8. I'm home-schooled so my hours are rather flexible. I'm up on irc most of time of day. On the computer 8 pm to 10 pm. Usually not free on Saturday morning.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC or BW2 NU. LC has always been my favorite tier, while I've developed an interest in the NU metagame.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm new to the art of competitive battling, but I have developed an interest in pokemon as I love strategy games. I am also an avid speedcuber ( If you'd like to see my rankings http://worldcubeassociation.org/results/p.php?i=2013XINL01). I'm very socially awkward, so forgive me if I behave in a rather immature manner.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yup
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I'm always willing to learn new things, and I'm always open for correction. I also really want to shed my shy and socially awkward nature so that I can be a part of the smogon community, contributing ideas and interacting with other members, and I feel that a tutor would help me a lot in doing so.

Username: knowmenot
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: thischair
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: anywhere between 5pm-8pm EST (10pm-1am GMT)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I was introduced to competitive battling through NetBattle back in gen 3 from a friend. However, I didn't start playing competitively until gen IV post-Platinum and only played OU. I got back into pokemon a few months back and want to experience the competitive scene in gen V before VI starts.
Why I should be tutored(25 posts): I've been a long-time lurker back in gen IV when I started playing competitively. I was mainly playing for fun and didn't play seriously which is why I never created an account nor posted. But now I want to get better.

I've started to play in the tier more and have made a few teams. Once I get up to ~1650, I start losing more and more frequency. My prediction skills are weak, and I have a hard time weighing risk vs. benefit. I also feel like I need tweaking in my team building skills since I have a trouble identifying and dealing with certain threats (especially with the recent suspect testings).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? Yes

I was skipped in the previous round (Round 73)

Username: The Unlucky one
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: The Unlucky one/superwii64cube
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt+8 from june 11 onwards with time pretty much being most of the day, gmt-5 atm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey I'm just a guy over here living in the Philippines. Nothing truly eventful happens in my life outside of gaming and occasional sports.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yep

skipped in the previous round

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Metal Sonic
Pokemon Online/IRC:Metal Sonic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+8, 9 am to 10 pm (variable; holiday special timings)
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 Ubers, BW2 OU, ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I am a powerful BW2 UU player, I love Sonic the Hedgehog series, I love Sonic the Hedgehog music, and I have been hanging around in Smogon Forums for quite a while. I hope that a tutor can be assigned to me with the most suitable timezone, as I see that there are few tutors in Battling 101 that cater to the South East Asian time zone. I am a proficient battler so it would not take too much time to get me up to scratch on the relevant metagame :)

It's the vacation next month so I can be a lot more flexible with timezones this round.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Of course!

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Kiyo
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: She Will, Kiyo, Oh Canada
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7:00 most days after 11 am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I LOVE PLAYING POKEMON, i also enjoy playing golf and uploading youtube videos.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: ofc

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Username: MikeDawg
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: MikeDawg
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. I am available pretty much all day now that school is out. :) I can essentially work around the tutor's schedule and spend the rest of the time applying what I know in order to create the most productive round for myself and my tutor.
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Mike. I will be a senior in high school post summer vacation. I have browsed Smogon for quite some time but never felt confident enough to actually participate and battle competitively, but since I will now have more time, I would love to begin now. In terms of my personal life, I would like to major in Computer Science (hopefully at MIT?), I enjoy writing and dancing (cough in my room), and I got a 36 on the ACT. I consider myself to be funny, and am most definitely light-hearted. :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!
Addendum: I feel as if I would be a great tutee, despite my new membership. As mentioned, I have been browsing Smogon for months, so I do understand the basics of competitive battling. I now have time to hone that understanding, and have the dedication to work with my tutor to do so successfully.

Just for the sake of:

Username: half life

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: half life, colonel angus
Alot of random names too

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: est standard. School is ending next week for me. This means I'll be on for a shit load of time until August 4th. I have very flexible times.

What tier do you want to learn?: dpp ou, bw2 ou

Tell us a little about yourself: my name is John and I live in Cleveland. I'm just about to finish my junior year im high school. I've been into pokemon since I was little but I recently got addicted to competitive battling. I've been playing on the simulators since January and I believe I've really gotten a handle on the basic aspects of competitive play. I'm a very social person and I like meeting new people. I'm much more open to talk about life shit once you get to know me

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

Why should I be tutored(if I have under 25 posts)? I have a good grasp of game knowledge and team building. I really want to start participating in tournaments because most of the people on the ladder are shit. I'm not getting any better by playing randoms on the ladder and having a good battle every once in a while. I really want to become more active in the smogon community. Getting tutored would be the best way for me to do this I believe.

Username: D4RR3N
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: D4RR3N
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, my times are quite flexible since I'm having holidays atm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I consider myself a pretty good player, but since WCOP is drawing close and my main focus is OU, I couldn't spend too much time on discovering UU out myself so I need someone to aid me on that.

In

Username: moonbase
Pokemon Showdown/ PO Username: moonbase
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 I am available most times after 3 pm because of summer school.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 14 year old 8th grade student, that can't wait until high school. I have done this tutor program before, and I had a really good experience from it. I think I have a decent grasp of the metagame, and I think I know how to team build, but it is not coming together for me. Another problem I have an EXTREMELY one dimensional team building style, which I hope my future tutor can get me out of.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes

Username: moonbase
Pokemon Showdown/ PO Username: moonbase
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 I am available most times after 3 pm because of summer school.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 14 year old 8th grade student, that can't wait until high school. I have done this tutor program before, and I had a really good experience from it. I think I have a decent grasp of the metagame, and I think I know how to team build, but it is not coming together for me. Another problem I have an EXTREMELY one dimensional team building style, which I hope my future tutor can get me out of.

Username: Sully5443
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sully5443 (showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 9 AM- 12 PM EST (-5 GMT) Monday/Wednesday/Friday and 9 AM- 2 PM EST (-5 GMT) Tuesday and Thursday... my schedule can be fairly flexible, so if the tutor needs some different times, I'll try to work with it
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sports and exercise science major looking to eventually obtain a doctorate in physical therapy. In my spare time, I like to read, I practice mixed martial arts, and of course I play video games. I have always loved pokemon, and the competitive side of pokemon has always intrigued me (hence, why I wish to improve myself). I also enjoy other games like the assassin's creed series, battlefield, and tomb raider.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yep
Why do I need to be tutored (since I have less than 25 posts): put quite simply... I'm a lurker for the pure purpose that I'm a noob. I've seen plenty of videos on competitive battling, but I need someone to truly walk me through how to build a team and properly predict the sets in the metagame so as to not make the same mistakes I make. I learn quickly and can apply my knowledge elsewhere very quickly so I can be a better contributor to the forums and smogon in general.

Username: Shiruba
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Shiruba
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Mountain Time/GMT-6 (going through DST): between 4:30 and 11 on weekdays, most of the day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Ubers - or Gen 1 OU if there're tutors for that and nobody wants to do current ubers.
Tell us a little about yourself: My reasons for being here are twofold. First, about four years ago, I was challenged by my friend to a Pokemon battle. Fair enough. I beat his lead Infernape with my Empoleon, and then he sent out his Garchomp.
Long story short: 5 - 0.
Not only that, but this battle was watched by a few morons, and when I lost, they bullied me about it for a long time. It was unbelievably embarrassing, and I never really got over it.

The other reason is that... My best friend (different person) and I used to be really close. But then... He started spending more time with his girlfriend and with his various duties. As such, I rarely see him now, and... I miss him. However, when I do get to be with him, we tend to partake in one of the things that brought us together in the first place - Pokemon battles. I'm more experienced than him, and know much more about the game, but at the same time, I feel like I'm not a good one to learn from, as I'm no master. I'd like to learn more about my favourite metagame (Ubers) so I can really teach him and maximize the benefit of our time together, no matter how short. Gen 1 OU would also be cool because that's what he grew up with - nostalgia is great, right? Therefore, I have emotional investment in this on both ends. I will not waste your time.

Also, I'm Canadian and speak some French. As such, if my tutor would find it easier to explain in French, I will likely be able to understand.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, definitely.

I was skipped last round

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:ModestG
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt-5 and very flexible due to summer
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Leaving high school next year, where i will try to major in economics. IN my free time I play games such as pokemon and FiFa as well as play Tennis and Football(soccer). In relations to pokemon I started to play about a year and a half ago playing mainly Bw1 and now 2, but after playing and watching numerous games for Dpp ou a general interest has been generated to learn the metagame and get better at teambuilding in particular.

Username: Box
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Bauxe
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8. Weekdays 9pm to 2am, Weekend and Holidays 11am till 2am.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been around awhile, but never really breached 'average' in terms of skill. I'd really like a tutor I can talk to about teambuilding, playstyle differences and general battling skills to make myself a better player. I'm super keen to improve as opposed to picking up the basics (though a refresher is welcome), and I hope one of you is willing to guide me on this.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely, of course.

I was skipped over in Round 73

Username: Pkn range6
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pkn range6 / Freezes
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 usually after 5 pm - 11 PM, weekends are different usually after 8 pm - 11 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU / BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love Pokemon, as I have being playing since I was like 6. I have been playing competitively about 3 years ago. I'm pretty good at UU and RU. Also I like listening to music and live in Canada. I'm not very good at OU or NU and would like someone to tutor me in it

Username: Mallaria
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Mallaria / Malllaria
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 Monday-Friday: 4 PM – 1 AM, Weekends: Anytime
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing Pokemon for about two thirds of my life but I’ve just recently gotten into competitive play.
I have a very competitive nature, as long as I like something I really get into it, so obviously it would be a good idea to get a better insight with a tutor.
In my freetime I enjoy lots of TV shows and anime/manga, videogames, hanging out with friends and going to conventions, I’m the outgoing nerdy kind of guy. Currently I am working on finishing my training as a programmer, but my workplace is pretty laid-back, so I am technically available from 8 AM – 4 PM (though only to chat in this timeslot) as well.
Talking Pokemon: I consider my achievement of reaching a rateing of 1600+ after about 200 games on PS rather ok for a beginner.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.
Why should I be tutored with less than 25 posts?: As I’ve already stated above, I’ve just recently joined the ranks of competitive battlers and I prefer to lurk (in IRC and on the forums) before posting about something I might not fully understand.

Username:cupramen123456789
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: swagmaster hee
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:California Pacific Friday afternoons and whole Saturday and after 4 o clock on Sundays. After June 6 i am availiable almost everyday.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 ou and uu
Tell us a little about yourself:I am a student and i want to learn pokemon competitvely and not just play the game but play well.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yes

Username: Adhrast
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Adhrast
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC+1, available from ca. 6 Pm.
Tell us a little about yourself: as a 90's kid, I've always played pokemon, but never got intorno the metagame until very little ago. I'd finally love to learn more about competitive playing and finally understand its secreta :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Totally

Username: Manectrifier
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: [cc] treeckotrainer / Manectrifier respectively
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1. I'm available almost every evening from 6 pm to 10 pm, and in the weekends more.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm rather new to the Smogon forums, but I've been active on competitive Serebii for a while. I like OU and NU, my highest ranking I have reached is about 1725 on PS, and I want to not only learn battling, but also integrating in these forums.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course

Why I have less than 25 posts: I've just recently become a member, and I don't really know where to start posting. I just feel like I don't really am part of the community yet.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Treecko
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: Stunfisk. / Treecko
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: pretty open atm, no set time, but usually later at night GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU (preferred), BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I like NU. I play it a lot, but I'm awful at RU. I'd like to learn it, expand my horizons, etc. UU would be a cool alternative if no RU tutors were available. I like music, puppies, and afros.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

skipped in Rounds 72 and 73

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)