Apprentice Program: Round Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, we are ready to begin Round Four of the tutoring program; it will last for the next 3 weeks ( 5/14-6/18 )! I've decided to make this round a week longer to facilitate a more in-depth learning experience. If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Three Tutor/Apprentice Matches:

1. Aeolus / Alabam & Sneaky Sneasel & Dark Sephiroth
2. skarm / Porkcow
3. Black Leather Jacket / Judgement
4. Bugsy23 / shadows wrath
5. Aeroblacktyl / Ninja Man
6. husk1442 / Shichiro
7. Veteran in Love / SpaceFlare
8. Obi2Kenobi / freaktron
9. Lexay / Arkani
10. Mekkah / Bowzer
11. zfs / Pocket
12. Roy / Azzom
13. Cerberus / D_Force
14. Warthog / V is for....Vespa!
15. cloud / bartthecartoon
16. pokemaniac15 / XiahouFig
17. Anomalous / Exodia
19. Kongler / Necula1111
20. jpchato / Cronos_1
21. RicepigeonKKM / Mammoth
22. Pokemon Professor / Rei
23. goofball / TheMusicMan
24. Acura / Azumaniac19
25. ToP / Barkley3312
26. cholena / Dan Dan
27. Council / strager

Available Tutors: Justin8649 ; Cloggerdude ; psychup2034 ; Jumpman16

Apprentices in need of a tutor: Undertaker (GMT+8 ADV), Dan Dan (GMT Adv Ubers/UU, GSC), Bowzer (GMT+2 Adv UU)

Matched Apprentices: Alabam ; Porkcow ; Judgement ; shadows wrath ; NinjaMan ; Shichiro ; SpaceFlare ; freaktron ; Arkani ; gdpt ; Azzom ; D_Force ; V is for....Vespa! ; bartthecartoon ; XiahouFig ; Exodia ; Necula1111 ; Cronos_1 ; Mammoth ; Rei ; TheMusicMan ; Azumaniac19 ; Barkley3312

Assigned to Veteran in Love

Netbattle nick:
SpaceFlare/Swallowstar (rarely used nowadays)
Time zone: GMT+8:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 8 AM - 12 AM, 1-2 PM sometimes, 3 PM - 7 PM
Experience level*: Somewhat decent in RS OU but I can use some finishing touches to it.
A little about myself: School starts June 7th for me (summer started March 9th). Which really, really fucks up my online time (drastic changes to be expected). I'm a fast learner though. So if I get sessions everyday it should be okay.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU team building primarily, if not then RS Ubers or RS UU.

Assigned to Obi2Kenobi

Netbattle Nick: freaktron
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours: On weekdays, I am usually on Pokerealm after 4 PM. My time on weekends depend, but I usually shouldn't be hard to find. I do come to Smogon occasionally.
Experience Level: meh
A little about myself: I'm really not as good as I used to be, but meh, everyone gets rusty at something sometime.
Generations I want to learn: RS Ubers currently. It used to be my best metagame, but for some reason i've been losing a lot more lately. Just give me someone reliable who will teach me RS Ubers. Let's get this shit back on track.

Assigned to Lexay

Netbattle nick:
Arkani[suck..]
Time zone: GMT +2 (Central European Summer Time)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): under week from 1 PM - 4 PM at week end mostly the whole day with the exeption of 3 AM - 6 AM
Experience level*: i can play 386 UU and RBY and a little bit gsc thats all
A little about myself: i live in germany and play nb since ~2 years (yes but i cant play 386 >_<) i like playing football and sitting in front of my pc
last time lexay signed me but he had no time =(
Generation(s) I want to learn: 386 OU, maybe GSC (if anyone wants but 386 is more important)

Assigned to Roy

Netbattle nick: Azzom
Time zone: CST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5-6pm mon-fri, 9-11pm everyday, 3-6pm sat,sun (all in EDT) Always in Smogon server
Experience level*: Im decent at ADV OU(thats just the standard game right) and dont play anything else I think I mostly need help team building and some help with prediction but I don't know maybe not...
A little about myself: I just recently got back into pokemonand was going to enter JAA but didnt, I like sports, video games, anime, whatever
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU mainly, maybe ADV Ubers

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Taken by zfs

Netbattle nick: Lugh
Time zone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): around 9 PM
Experience level*: Has been on NB since 2001; play mostly 386
A little about myself: Since I am in the busiest years of my high school life, I may probably be on NB only on Fridays and Saturdays.
Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC or SF, whichever the tutor want to teach

P.S. I'll try harder being on NB when I am free, and try to have a consistent meeting time with my tutor. Sorry for the last two tutors for not meeting with them. I apologize.

Reassigned to Cerberus

Netbattle nick: D_Force

Time zone: GMT

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Weekdays roughly 6pm-8pm, apart from friday. Friday,Sat,Sun on roughly 3pm-8pm (most of the time not all in one go!

Experience level*: Okayish in Adv OU, probably due to just luck though, as i play with a bunch of sweepers

A little about myself: Just started playing netbattle while waiting for dp to come out. Been

Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced

Assigned to Warthog

Netbattle nick: Xerxes
Time zone: pacific daylight time (gmt -7)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 2:45-3:30pm, 7:00-10:00pm (mon, wed) 2:45-3:00pm, 9:30-11:00pm (tues, thurs). most likely won't be on until ~12 am on friday, won't be on saturdays, 12:00-7~8:00pm (sundays)
Experience level*: i am alright, better than the average trainer but still have a hard time with experienced players
A little about myself: alright at creating well balanced teams but still not the best at EV spreads, been on NB for ~4 months
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced, maybe GSC if time permits

Assigned to cloud

Netbattle nick: None, But I'll sign up if I need to
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): I am usually online a lot, I can go on whenever you want me to.
Experience level*: I know quite a bit, I have done a lot of EV training, I have 2 Frontier Symbols.
A little about myself: I am interested in getting a Master to help me with my team for JAA. My team is looking pretty good, but I have a month to prepare so I want to use it, and having a really smart person help me would be great.
Generation(s) I want to learn: 3rd

Fig

Needs to stop disappearing.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to pokemaniac15

Netbattle nick: XiahouFig
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 6pm-10pm weekdays, 11pm-7am fri-sat
Experience level*: I've been playing pokemon itself since it first game out 10 years ago and netbattling since about July last year.
A little about myself: I work two jobs, I have a wife of almost 3 years and a 20 month old daughter.
Generation(s) I want to learn: I'm quite proficient in advance so I want to hone my GSC and RBY skills, moreso in GSC, I'm simply horrible.

Assigned to Anomalous

Netbattle nick: Exodia
Time zone: GMT +8:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): I can be on anytime my tutor is (which is from about 7am EDT - 1pm EDT. From June 5 though I'll be on from 6/10am-1pm Thursday (probably) and 6-8pm EDT/ Fridays. Every other day its 2 hours from 6am - 8am EDT
Experience level*: I'd say I'm pretty decent at predicting, and ADV OU, albeit sometimes crumbling under pressure, even if I have it won. I think 102746826450 battles would help further my "decency" at adv ou, but I stress I really need someone who can teach me build very good teams pretty easily in ADV. I'd deeply appreciate if my tutor is both a monster predictor and one who could help me build very, very solid teams on my own
A little about myself: Fuck school
Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY OU/GSC OU, and team building in RBY/ADV

Assigned to Kongler

Time zone:GMT+8
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): I'm quite always online...From the morning(7:00) to night(12:00 PM,When the new day starts)
Experience level*:I think i;m quite good...What can i say?I killed a lot of pro's.

A little about myself:My name's Christian and i'm from romania.Waza?
Generation(s) I want to learn:RBY OU/GSC OU, and team building in RBY/ADV

Assigned to jpchato

Netbattle nick: Cronos_1 (i use it for everything)

Time zone: Central (meaning New Mexico time) not sure what that is GMT

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Usually on from 12 Noon to Midnight taking breaks for meals and other stuff inbetween.

Experience level*: I'm really new and the closest thing i'ce had to experience is reading team building stradegys from the moveset guide on Gamefaqs

A little about myself: I'm a realtivly quick learner and i'll take inititive to get stuff done but i'm rather lazy in teh morning.

Generation(s) I want to learn: I wanna try and learn everything my Tutor (If assigned one) is willing to teach me.

Assigned to RicepigeonKKM

Netbattle nick: Tazzler or any variation of Tazzler(version)
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 3PM-10 PM on weekdays, 11AM-9PM most of the time on weekends
Experience level*: Okay at UU, not the best, but not the worst, would like some more skills though. Better at rby and ubers thanks to previous tutors.
A little about myself: Fav sport is soccer and food is ice cream. I like jynx. I am an okay predicter and battler in general.
Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC (OU), ADV 2vs.2, general team building skills as an option i guess

Assignment pending...

Netbattle nick: Undertaker
Time zone: GMT+8
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Flexible, thank god for extended vacation for college students here
Experience level*: I started back in '04, but then I had a one and a half year hiatus. Back then Celebi and Jirachi were still banned, so I 'm waay behind. I can predict, but that was then.
A little about myself: Missed Pokemon due to school dammit
Generation(s) I want to learn: is ADV fr/lg? If so, Team Building/Prediction there. I had team building issues back then when I would just put cune/spiker/dusclops together in a team, and now there is Celebi and Jirachi to worry about. So yeah that, and update on the current metagame. That is all.

Assigned to Pokemon Professor

Netbattle nick: Rei
Time zone: GMT- 5
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): pretty much anytime until school starts again
Experience level*: mediocore- i used to be able to predict but then i quit for three months or so.
A little about myself: im not exactly the fastest learner, but im not too slow either
Generation(s) I want to learn: advance/team building/prediction

Assigned to goofball

Netbattle Nick: Some variation of TheMusicMan (meaning stuff like TheMetroMan is me)
Regular online hours: I'm in EDT, so yeah... I am pretty much only online from about 10:00 PM to about 1 or 1:30 AM EDT on any given night.
Experience level: I play GSC mostly, so I know what im doing somewhat there... I've been playing ADV more lately, and have gotten better, but I still need major help.
A little about myself: I'm a music major and the whitest white boy you'll ever meet... nuff said.
Generations I want to learn: RS UU for Summer Freedom primarily (I've never played it before), GSC UU ability is a plus as I would like to learn that too. Also, though my last priority, I'd like to continue with RS OU.

Assigned to Acura

Netbattle nick:The Prodigy
Time zone:GMT -5:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Anytime after 4:00 PM and before 9:00PM
Experience level*:I'm basically a starter...before I mostly just thought Pokemon was about using strong pokemon:blush: and I didn't think about predicting or team building...heck...I even used a special Gyrados! So yeah...
A little about myself:I'm a quick learner with straight A's and I play tennis
Generation(s) I want to learn:Mainly ADV since that is what I play...yeah I definitely nee help on every area, but mostly team building.....soo...I hope I get to learn a lot from my tutor!

Assigned to cholena

Netbattle nick: Dan Dan
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 12:00pm - 7:00pm most nights
Experience level: I can build a team, but cant spot weaknesses, set EVs well, or play confident enough.
A little about myself: Standard 17 yr old english kid
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS Ubers, RS UU, GSC OU, 2v2

Taken by Mekkah

Netbattle nick: Bowzer
Time zone: GMT + 2
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): something like between 4 and 8 pm
Experience level*: average at ADV UU
A little about myself: I'm playing NB a few months now and I'm not very weak, but I really need to be tutored to improve myself
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV UU and ADV BL

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I'm out of tutors that can handle European timezones like that. I suggest that you guys PM Mekkah, Lexay, or CrazyStarwolf to see if they will be able to take you on.

Assigned to ToP

Netbattle nick: Barkley3312
Time zone: central
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 9am-11pm (not always on)
Experience level*: Not much
A little about myself: Im tryin out for Qb of my local high school football team
Generation(s) I want to learn:R/S/E OU

Netbattle nick: Teh n00b
Time zone: GMT+2
Regular Online Hours: 11am-12pm
Experience level: Meh'ish
A little about myself: Can't explain myself well.
Generations I want to learn: ADV uber as it's fun, ADV OU and RBY OU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)