Apprentice Program: Round Eighty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Shadax
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Shadax
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8 2000-2359
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently working and i've been playing pokemon since the first gen RBY and have played all the gens but more of a casual player, I've been lurking smogon since BW but never really wanted to go all in on pokemon as i've other commitments namely work. But since XY, i've felt like there's alot of limitation on what i can learn on my own and i decided to join the community and learn as much as i can.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, of course
Why I should be tutored (fewer than 25 posts): I've been lurking alot and i've been using the irc to talk to the mentors on alot of fundamental stuffs and i really would like to have a tutor to help me out, especially on the OU tier. I'm also willing to learn and would like to be more involved in the community. :)

Username: Killkill
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Mybowshotweb
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST; M-F 6-10pm
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU/Doubles
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Leo and I've been playing Pokemon since RBY. I was a huge fan of Pokemon for the first 3 generations - played Pokemon Stadium, watched the show, you name it. However, I haven't played much since then so I'm getting up to speed learning the last 3 gens - It's been a big learning curve but I'm certainly getting there. I feel I could benefit greatly from just getting a little extra push on the right direction.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I'm new to this thread in general and I can't say I have learned enough about the game yet to contribute - there's an overwhelming amount of information on this forum. I hope you will overlook my newbie-ness and see my potential - thank you so much for your consideration.

Username: BlankZero
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Blank_Zero is my main
Too many ladder alts to list
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: atm, I have to fix my laptop, but I'm always on my phone.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers, XY-RBY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Doubles tutor, but I've always wanted to become better at Singles. I played competitively in RBY and GSC but pretty much stopped playing Pokemon around the middle of Gen 3 (Salamence too Stronk). I played a bit of BW2 Ubers when I came back to the game in 2011/2012 and seriously loved being able to use anything I wanted, but I felt it got stale, hence me moving to BH, then to Doubles. I would like to be a better Singles player though, hopefully in a valid tier like current Gen Ubers or Current/Past Gen OU, as I enjoy playing in Tournaments. IRL, I'm a pretty average dude. Live with my gf in West Texas, work in inventory, trying to go back to school fairly soon to get a degree in either business or computer science. I hope to open a store soon that caters to Nostalgia Gaming. I'm a bit of a shitposter, but that's mainly due to old posting habits at other forums I've been a part of.
Will you be willing to do tutee talkthreads on your tutors?: Absolutely

Username: Hideous
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Deouss
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, every afternoon (2 PM - 6 PM)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: My name's Nicola, I'm 17 years old and I come from Italy. I started playing pokémon in 2012 (just few months before BW2's release) and during these years I had the opportunity of playing several metagames (BW2, XY and DP, which is my favourite one).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes!
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. I've never followed smogon because I used to visit other pokémon forums but I recently started to follow Smogon and I found really interesting their contents.

Username: Safes
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Safes, usually
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, 9am-9pm
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 22-years old man/boy from Italy; I've been playing Pokemon for almost a year now, but it has only been few months since I became somewhat active on the forum. I've already been tutored in RU some months ago, but I would love to become knowledgeable about a more active tier. I fell in love with Ubers (and Xerneas), and I hope to get some help by speeding up the learning process (W/L ratio is less than satisfactory atm :/).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.

Username: Dietcoke101
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Dietcoke101
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4PM-12AM EST (GMT -5) Weekdays, all day Weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sixteen year old male from Canada (eh?), in my last year of highschool, who plays pokemon as something to do. I would really love to learn XY OU so I can beat my friends :P I was decent at BW OU, but I really want to do well in XY OU. I've done some battling pre-pokebank, nothing too extensive, but definitely enough to know the basics. I've currently hit a point where I am losing a lot, but can't get any better without some help, which is why I really need an XY OU tutor.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely

Skipped the last few rounds I've tried to get a tutor.

Last edited:

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Just wanted to thank everyone for the great turnout. As always, some of the time zones were hard to matchup, but we did the best that we could. If you are having issues meeting with your tutee, mention that in your tutee thread, and we'll give you priority next round.

You are required to make a tutee talk thread within one week, no matter if any lessons have taken place or not. You will be subbed out for another applicant if no thread is made.

Tutor - Tutee [Metagame]

Fuzznip - Jin White [XY OU]
Jirachee - FreyrEuxine [XY OU]
dragonuser - BlackyXD [XY OU]
plus - AwesomeBiz [XY OU]
Malekith - TCR [BW UU]
Raseri - Rohail [XY LC]
Remedy - Ides_Of_March [XY OU]
Trinitrotoluene - Mazz [XY OU]
Metal Sonic - Ein [XY OU]
Molk - Yuri [XY OU]
The Great Mighty Doom - FireMage [XY OU]
GaryTheGengar - chimpact [XY OU]
ShootingStarmie - DietCoke101 [XY OU]
Ace Emerald - Salt The Flesh [XY OU]
SilentVerse - JMcFizz [BW RU]
Heysup - SpaceNarwhal [XY LC]
Dice - ToxicPhox [XY OU]
Mizuhime - Hulavuta [XY Doubles]
Ojama - detroitwillfall [XY OU]
Laga - Cherub Agent [XY Doubles]
Blank Zero - Gyarad0s [XY Doubles]
Danilo - Albus [ADV OU]
Funkasaurus - typhlito [ADV OU]
youngjake93 - Haruno [XY Doubles]
dcae - InsaneDragoniteHD [XY LC]
Silvershadow234 - orch [BW RU]
Pwnemon - Aurora [XY Doubles]
Zebraiken - King [BW NU]
Treecko - Kavatika [XY LC]
col49 - Mylo Xyloto [XY OU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)