Apprentice Program: Round Eighty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Welcome to round 80 of Battling 101. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.
Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what an application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: Don't forget about the new Tutee Talk forum, including what we expect of you guys if you are chosen as tutees!

One more thing: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Username: jin white
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: titanium_alloy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 / EST ; evenings & late nights are the best.
What tier do you want to learn?: {{ XY OU / XY Doubles / VGC }}
Tell us a little about yourself: Compulsive Smogon lurker. Circa ~2000 PS! battler, who dreams always of getting higher. Whiskey drinker. Videogame player, graphic novel and classic/epic reader, this song listener, pretty fast learner and a real swell guy.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: For sure.

--> was skipped over for a tutor in a previous round <--

Last edited:
Username: FreyrEuxine
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Jasriel
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (UTC+08:00) 6am-10pm.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: A freelance digital artists, I love pokemon since I was 10. I'm a married man, and I spend most of my time doing art commissions,playing pokemon games, or taking care of my son. I love dinosaurs, ragnarok online, and anime (and anime songs). I'm friendly and easy to get with, I think tutors won't find it hard for them to get along with me. I've been battling on PS! for a while now, but I really wanted to learn from the experts. I will try hard to learn no matter what. I know the basics of competitive battling as I've been reading threads here on smogon to teach myself, but learning from the experts is the best. My favorite pokemon is charizard.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.

Yes I have fewer than 25 posts, but I'm online all day long here on smogon. I don't want to posts nonsense stuff just to make my posts count grow, and I'm more of a reader guy who reads anything that will help me improve my competitive battling skills. And as I said I wanted to learn from the experts (reaaalllyy wanted) to help me develop my pokemon knowledge and battling.

Last edited:
Username: BlackyXD
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: BlackyXD
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Fridays 6pm to 1am Saturdays 12pm to 1am, Sunday 12am to 5pm. Also might be available on random days past 7pm during the week
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU ,XY UU ,BW UU, BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Nice guy, likes video games, smart student and I love to learn. Loves Rock Music and good fantasy/sci-fi books
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

I may not have 25 posts but I have been on smogon a lot since I joined( I love to lurk). I know about the basics( IVs, EVs, natures etc.) I just need help with team building and battle tactics. I have a passion to learn how to play competitively and want to be the best I can be. I have no intention of going inactive though this process and once I learn more about the competitive, I want to participate in the many discussion that take place on smogon. I also have played around with Pokemon Showdown and am not totally clueless.

Last edited:
Username: AwsomeBiz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: CycloTJ
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST: Weekdays: 3pm-12am Weekends 3pm - 1am
Tell us a little about yourself: Ever since Gen IV popularized competitive battling, I've been fascinated by the cool strategy and awesome plays I see on youtube. Totally dedicated a whole summer to watch a whole bunch of wi-fi battles on youtube. Back then I used to watched a lot of random youtubers but slowly kept watching a cool wifi battler known as Xenon3120. Nowadays I watch wifi battles from all poketubers such as shofu and Pokeaim. I've been playing competitive on and off these past few years, and finally got the chance to sign up to rack up some further knowledge of the meta and hopefully make an awesome team.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: Why I have fewer than 25 posts is the sole reason I am here: to gain knowledge of competitive pokemon as a whole, so I'm able to be involved in the Smogon community with pokemon builds, contributing to team rates, and apply what I've learned here.

Username: Salt the Flesh
Pokemon Showdown Username: Salt the Flesh
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, usually between 2:30-5 PM on weekdays. Pretty much all day on weekends usually starting at 11 AM.
Tell us a little about yourself: There isn't much to say on the personal front. Still in high school, and the most defining thing about my personality is my liking of Pokemon, which isn't too spectacular here. I've been lurking since the beginning of B2W2, and made an account shortly after XY's release. I do have some experience battling but I have A LOT to improve on, mostly on the teambuilding front.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I'm not 100% sure on what this actually is, but I'll do it regardless. It doesn't seem like anything that's harmful or difficult.

Last edited:
Username: JMcFizz
PSname: JMcFizz
Time zone: PST, GMT-8, available mostly at night, but mwf during the day works too
Teir I want to learn: BW RU!!!!
A little about me: I've played competitively for about six months, and got around to making an account a month ago. I've lurked the RU forum extensively but I'm having trouble applying what I've read. I'd love to be tutored because after a basic level of knowledge I feel like I'd be able to build off it via the forum posts. I haven't posted much yet because I haven't been confident enough. I've played a few other tiers and I'm better at in battle play than team building.
I'd love to do a tutee talk post and would love to be part of the tutee tournament! (Even if the tier wasn't RU)

Username: SpaceNarwhal

Pokemon Showdown Username: Ace_P_Whalnars

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, usually online all afternoon/evenig, 2pm-2am

What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC, or XY OU

Tell us a little about yourself: When I was 10, I was quite ill, and in hospital for about 4 or 5 months, and a friend gave me a Gameboy Pocket and Pokemon Yellow. I only stopped playing when I had to either get an xray or batteries.
When the gen 3 games were released, I convinced a parent to buy me a a GBA SP, and a grandparent bought me Ruby. I started getting more involved with people with BW, but only irl, since I was still using dial up internet at the time (bet a lot of you don't remember dial up :P ) so I was never able to take my DS online...
Technically, I'm an engineering student, but I usually just stay in bed home and play video games. Among others, I play an unhealthy amount of Minecraft and Pokemon (often both at the same time), but I'm also an avid photographer so I "like" standing in a cold field for hours on end, waiting for the sun to move (the benefits of a handheld console!)
I use a lot of commas when I type, and often trail off...

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I don't seen any reason why not...

Something something 25 posts: I was always into the collecting aspect of pokemon, but when I got all 69 of the new Kalos pokemon within 20-30 hours of playtime, I realised I should probably find something else to do.
I kinda knew about the breeding mechanics in BW, but since XY, I've been breeding a lot more, trying to get specific IVs and abilities rather than breeding to replace things I've traded away.
Since I've been lurking here, I think LC is a little more of a challenge for a breeder, what with egg moves to pass down as well as all the other things. I'd like to learn a bit more about teambuilding, as well as some of the basic aspects of strategy, turns out I can't just spam earthquake and surf...
I've derped around on PS a little, and have yet to get a win, but I think that's probably due to the fact that most of my teams are comprised of pokemon that work well on their own, rather than pokemon that work well together, so I usually end up with 5 sweepers...

Username: Toxicphox
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Toxicphox (Though it tends to sortof jump around between ____Phox depending on what i'm doing)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST -8, Avaliable whenever needed sans Tues/Thurs evenings and all Sundays.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, XY Doubles, XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a between-semesters Californian and an absolute pokemaniac. I've been lurking on Smogon for a long time, learning everything I can learn about what pokemon do, what does what and how. But with the beginning of the XY tier here, I want to be able to become more involved with the site itself in terms of making competative decisions on my own. I want to take my skills to the next level, but I lack the knowledge for it. I'm eager to fix that.

Oh also I draw stuff.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Oh totally.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Hulavuta

Pokemon Showdown Username: Hulavuta

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, usually available 7 PM to 10 PM every evening.

What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles

Tell us a little about yourself: Single and ready to mingle!

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yep!

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: TCR
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TheRealTCR / Sexy TCR/ RoronoaMihawk
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: ESTanytime after 6 on weekdays most of day weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU, XY Ubers. BW Ubers (in order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to be a huge lurker, and just recently got more active (as a result I finally got badged, yay!) I have peaked muultiple times in the top 5 on the XY LC ladder, and am an avid player there, and peaked 3rd on the BW LC ladder last gen. Unfortunately outside the stale OU metagame and LC, I dont feel comfortable in any tier. I would love to learn Ubers or UU :) Currently I am a Senior in High School, working towards getting a good college with a nice Poli-Sci Program.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely

I was skipped in round 75 IIRC for a tutor.

Last edited:
Username: Gyarad0s
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Gyarad0s
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Time Zone (UTC-06:00) -- Most weekends; 6pm-late at night on weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles (Specifically requesting Blank_Zero-Whom I have already contacted)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a student in high school; fairly academically oriented and have always been a geek for pokemon. I entered the competitive scene a few months ago and have spent most of my time in OU. I learned the meta fairly well; but laddering eventually got frustrating and I took a hiatus from OU to try to get voice in the doubles room. I achieved this and have become very intrigued by the doubles metagame. I wish to learn about the tier from experts in hopes of myself becoming an expert.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.
Why I should be tutored (fewer than 25 posts): I'm willing to learn, intelligent, and enjoy being around people who know what they're talking about. That sounded much more arrogant than I meant it to sound; but oh well. I also like Crawdaunt; which is definitely a plus.

Last edited:
Username: ZettiLM
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ZettiLM
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3, Usually after lunch
Tell us a little about yourself: I played pokémon since I was a child, thought I never really tried to engage in the competitive side. But as I started to research about it, I was facinated by how every little part of the game I loved was deeper than I could've ever imagined. Well ... It's time for me to go deeper ( *cough* ).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Well ... Might as well give it a shot !

Why should I be tutored ( 25- Posts )? Why NOT D: ? Considering that I'm not THAT new into the metagame ( I know my EVs, IVs and ... Yeah ... That. ), I might not take much to teach this ol' Growlithe a few new tricks !

Username: BackStreetTabby

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username
:
BST

GMT +9:00, about 7 - 10 pm local time. However, I am flexible in times and can adjust to my tutor's time zone if needed.

What tier do you want to learn?
: XY OU

Tell us a little about yourself
:
First of all, I'm a high school student in an international school in Japan. My main strengths and loves outside of games are science and math; I am what some would call an intellectual. Indeed, I often prefer theory rather than practicality. I like trying to figure out what makes things tick; a scientist's mindset, if you will. Though I am still 15, I believe I am quite mature in my thinking processes.
I, as some may call me, am a late entry player; I first started playing pokemon (and competitively as well) in early DPPt, which was my first pokemon game I owned. I tried competitive battling in the DP era but later quit out of disinterest at that time (which I currently regret, since in my eyes Gen 4 possessed the most intellectual and competitive metagame). However, I re-joined in late BW1, and have been in the competitive scene ever since.
My main love in pokemon was and always will be teambuilding. I love the intellectual challenge it brings; the challenge of formulating a successful team in the ever-changing metagame is a hard task, but a very rewarding one. Though I was discouraged with the hyper offensive and very conforming nature of the BW era, I've taken this back due to the much more balanced nature of XY OU (Being a stall / balance player at heart). I was actually quite successful in my ventures; I managed to make a good sandstorm team that was quite popular among members of Smogon, and one that managed to be Archive-nominated. However, simply put, I lack the battling skills needed to use these teams to full potential and playtest extensively because at my current level, many opponents are either unchallenging or are extremely random, creating no competitiveness. To both ease me in becoming better at improving teams rather than just making them as well as increasing my overall skill level, is the reason that I wish to be tutored.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!

Why should I be tutored ( 25- Posts )?
First of all, I would like to say that as of now I have 26 posts. However, not counting this post my post count is 25, which is why I am including this; just to be safe.
One can see that I'm a serious and mature player (and possessing basic skills and potential) from my RMT. I was a good battler from Gen 4, and know intermediate skills in the current metagame as well. I've been a long-time lurker of Smogon and know most pieces of knowledge needed. Though I am a relative beginner, I can say with certainty (and with humility if allowed) I am a better player than most other players who call themselves "beginners".

Thank you.

Last edited:
Username: Ausgirl
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ausgirl
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC +11, I'm usually available from 8pm most nights.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon since the original RBY series. In the past I've always been a casual player until BW was released. Since then I've managed to learn how to RNG in both gen 4 & 5 but my competitive skills still need some improvement. Over the last few months I've been playing on Pokemon Showdown, testing out various megas and in general having fun. However I'm struggling to get past 1500 on Showdown so here I am. In particular I'm interested in rain teams. Besides Pokemon I'm interested in sports, reading, art, music &Australian politics.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah no problem.

Last edited:
Username: Lambo209 (Nicholas Sax)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: HOTSHOCK (Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Time (US & Canada), 4:00 PM-10:45 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitively for almost a year and a half, but I have hit a roadblock with teambuilding and prediction skills and would like to improve my skills. Until last Friday, I wasn't aware of a tutoring program until my acquaintance Don Honchkrorleone recommended me to sign up for this round. I am someone who would prefer to be a little non-standard with teams, but I wouldn't mind if a standard team was used as an example or something during this round. I prefer to use Skype as a form of communication but I don't care if I have to use other means (like the Tutee talk thread).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure!
Why should we tutor you?: Well, I find myself willing to learn. although somewhat unsure or insecure about my skills (I pretty much am never sure if my team is good or not). I am able to take criticism and improve upon my mistakes. I feel like I need a push in the right direction, and most of the battlers I know are either not experienced enough, or just don't have enough time on their hands to teach me. I am sorry if I sounded a little arrogant, but I can't really think of a better way to describe it right now.

PS: Looking at Bases' post, I feel that I should also let you guys know that I am diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome.

Last edited:

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: metal sonic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Metalsonic1
(UTC+08:00) 5pm- 9pm =
9 am - 1 pm in UTC =
5 am - 9 am in EST
What tier do you want to learn?:XY UBers
Tell us a little about yourself: I suck at UBers
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Sure.

Username: Psyco Josho
Pokemon Showdown Username: Psyco Josho
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time; since I'm in college, about 3 pm to 9-ish on weekdays (I'm often online between classes, though), then from about noon to midnight on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a young, Christian man, and I like to have fun - one particular is with Pokémon. I've been a lurker on Smogon for a while, especially for OU. I used to lurk around for BW OU and BW2 OU, but I left, probably out of boredom for how over-centralized the meta was on rain. I got back into lurking with the release of X and Y, and I wish to get into the metagame now.. I have gotten my feet wet with some OU activity on Showdown, but that was all pre-bank, and I realized that I was pretty bad at team building.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

edit:
Why I should be tutored: I am willing to learn, and am open to instruction. I do not post a lot, and have not battled a lot, but I do read a lot. I like reading all the analyses for Pokémon, especially for OU, and I'm always surprised and delighted to learn something that I didn't know about the metagame before.

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Rohail
Pokemon Showdown / Pokemon Online Username: Rohail (I don't have Shoddy, but I can get them if it's necessary)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, I'm available on Mondays - Fridays 3:30-5:00 p.m and then 8:00-9:00 p.m. I'm honestly all over the place on weekends ;-;
What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC / BW UU / BW RU (in order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 year old Canadian who lurks a lot on Smogon but posts frequently in C&C and the newly-started UU Beta Discussion thread. I'm a lower tier person, which would explain why I want to learn the tiers that I do. Oh, and I'm also a GP member for both C&C and The Smog :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes ^.^

I was supposed to be tutored by EonX- in BW RU last round, but he went inactive and we got no sessions in what-so-ever.

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Username: Typhlito
Pokemon Showdown Username: Typhlito
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern standard time; Usually on and off most days from 1 pm to 12 am (or later) since Im on break
What tier do you want to learn?: Want to get into some new tiers like gen 2/3 ou and xy doubles.
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a guy who loves animals. :) I've hanged out in other smaller forums but now I decided to join one of the biggest forums of all and Im liking it. Been making myself known by helping with the sprite project but I am also a pretty good battler in the tiers I play in. Still looking to improve my battling skills though so Im asking a tutor to help me out with that.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure why not if I get a better idea what I should post about

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Haruno
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Haruno
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8 usual times would be 3pm-1am but I can adjust accordingly if my tutor has a difficult timezone
What tier do you want to learn?: XY dubs or if that's unavailable XY ou would be my second choice
Tell us a little about yourself: I major in psychology, I'm mostly an ubers player that recently wanted to expand my horizons and doubles seems like an interesting yet difficult metagame to get into. Also wouldn't mind learning more about how to make quality posts and the likes. My favorite pokemon would be milotic.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: absolutely

Username: metamonstar
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: metalmonstar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (EST) I am usually available 1900 to 2000 on Weekdays and Weekends are pretty much free but I will say 1100 to 1900 Saturday and Sunday.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU and UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing pokemon competitively with Gen 4. I really enjoyed learning and playing the game. I would try out different teams and strategies. From the beginning I have wanted to be a part of the tutoring program that smogon had. I never really had the time for it though and I also didn't have internet for the longest time either. The lack of internet was the main reason why I have been on a hiatus since Black and White 2. I really want to get back into competitive pokemon and get better. I feel one of my biggest weakness is just not spending enough time making my move. Not really thinking my actions through. I want to get better at making optimal moves instead of okay or sub par ones. My favorite pokemon is blastoise.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS:
I have been a member since 2009. I always check to see what is going on. I love reading warstories, analysis, and the regular usage charts. I contributed a little bit in Gen 4, but for the most part I have never felt that I knew enough to really formulate good arguements. I hope to get better at the game so I can participate in discussion of pokemon and move set analysis. I hope to be able to play in exciting matches that can become their own warstories. Also I hope to run grassroots tournaments for pokemon as I am a huge fan of it competitively and competitive video games in general. Like I said above I feel that my main issue is just not thinking things through and maybe a bit of team building as well. Also like I said above I haven't been able to participate in the tutor program despite wanting to due to lack of stable and reliable internet. Although life is still busy, I would certainly relish the opportunity to learn and get better at this game which I have been playing since gen 1.

Last edited:
Username:Leonomonn
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Leonomonn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Central Standard Time Weekdays 5pm-12pm except Wednesdays Weekends whenever most of the time
What tier do you want to learn?: XY RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since I got Pokemon Blue with my first Gameboy Color. I've played casually the entire time, however I've been interested in competitive battling since about the HeartGold and SoulSilver release. I mainly want to build teams out of my favorite Pokemon like Gallade and Typhlosion, mostly just to have some fun and add a new aspect to my game.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course
Why I should be tutored:The reason I have less than 25 posts is mostly the same reason as everyone else, I just don't really know how to contribute constructively to the forums. I'd like to post more, but I simply am not confident in my knowledge of competitive play in order to do any good. I'd really like to learn competitive Pokemon battling in order to enjoy the smogon forums and Pokemon even more than I already do. I also like to learn and would really appreciate someone helping me to learn.
Edit: I'd also like to add that I have a decent understanding of natures, IVs, EVs, and most of the other things you can use to manipulate your Pokemon's power.

Last edited:
Username:Ides_of_March
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Ides of March
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST GMT-5, Available from 8am-10pm EST (14 hours of the day)
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Bryan. I'm a competitive Jiu Jitsu fighter and former Smash Brothers player from Pittsburgh, PA. I have a history with competitive Pokemon from back in Gen IV that ended around the time Platinum came out. I've watched eagerly for a new way to enjoy playing Pokemon since Black and White, and I'm happy with the feel and direction that XY has going for it. I'm eager to learn the depths of the competitive aspects of the game, and hope to gain all I can from the experience.

I was passed over last round because the tutor I was assigned to had not informed the staff that he no longer had the ability to tutor, and thus I was dropped.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?
: Yes

Username:Stale Fish
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:BaneOfTheSith
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Central Standard Time, Mon-Fri:6 p.m. -10 p.m.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue. I was able to catch the show the first day of airing and ever since then I've been hooked. I've played on Shoddy during DPPt gen a bit. I've never really battled that great but I love the effort that goes into it and just the fun of the different strategies that you can pull off. Outside of Pokemon, I'm recently married and a social worker for the state of Illinois.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Definitely.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: Like most here have already pointed out, I honestly don't have much to contribute to current conversations. I started an account today and I'm just overwhelmed by the amount of information. I really want to learn what goes in to team building and battling. I got an account with the site because I've lingered around long enough outside the forums and now I think its time to get some serious training in the meta game. I plan on sticking around the site, I love the culture and can get so much info from everyone else. I play to have fun and make some good sport. I hope to add some constructive comments to future discussions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)