Apprentice Program: Round Eighty Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: TyranitarusRex
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PO/PS: RexSquared
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5) Monday and Wednesday: 4pm-11pm or later, All day every other day
What tier do you want to learn?: Primarily XY OU. XY UU if possible.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've lurked a lot in the past. During Gen 4, I tried getting into competitive battling, but seeing as I was 13 at the time, I couldn't really keep up with the metagame. Now that I'm older, and with the addition of new breeding mechanics in Gen 6, I'd like to get back into competitive battling. I joined Smogon back when I thought I had a talent for pixel art. I'm currently attending college and majoring in Mathematics. I learn quickly, though I may be a bit distracted from time to time. I need help in all areas of competitive battling, including Team Building, Metagame, and actually battling. I have 4 OU teams built which could use some tearing apart.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Certainly
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Most Definitely. I would love to take part in a tournament as a chance to hone newly learned skills.

<25 Post Count: I have only 19 (now 20) posts, despite being a member of the forum for over 4 years. I've lurked a lot, and don't typically contribute to conversation if I have nothing interesting to say. Seeing as I'm unknowledgeable about battling, I find it better to stay quiet. If I learn more about the game, I'll be able to contribute more to conversations and be a more active member of the Smogon community.

Username: CyberSe7en

Pokemon Showdown Username: CyberSe7en

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5); Mon-Thurs 8:00pm-1:00am, Sat/Sun 2:00pm-1:00am

What tier do you want to learn?: Predominantly XY OU, but I also wouldn't mind learning XY UU or XY LC

Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon casually on and off since Red/Blue/Yellow, although I skipped Gens II and V (not a fan of the Gold/Silver generation, and avoided Black/White during university). Now that I've gotten back in to Pokemon with Y, I'd love to learn how to piece together competitive teams, as well as learning how to battle competitively. I'm familiar with Natures, EVs, and IVs, and I just finished my first competitive OU team on my cartridge yesterday (all six are level 100, EV trained, bred for 5-6 perfect IVs except the one using a specific HP, with appropriate natures and (sometimes hidden) abilities). Also, I was born at 1:37pm (13:37 on the 24 hour clock) - surely that must count for something! ;p

Why should I be tutored with under 25 posts?: Being new to the competitive scene and to Smogon, I don't feel that I have much to contribute (yet?). Also, I tend to be more of a lurker, although I might chime in here or there if I actually have some idea or background regarding what's being asked or discussed. That said, I'd appreciate some tutelage in the fine art of competitive XY battling if you have room for one more (either tier is fine)! :)

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.

Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely, assuming I'm available at the right times!

Last edited:
Username: TerminusTactican (I missed the second "i" in "tactician" while registering!)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: terminusTactician (Yes, the first T is lower case.)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, for week days, usually 5-7, but 4-12 on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: Any tier for XY, but in terms of desire, OU, UU, Ubers, LC, Doubles.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been an avid Pokemon fan for a long time, but that's something many of us have in common, isn't it? Pokemon related, I've always been able to understand basic predicting and teambuilding, but it never really went advanced. Outside of Pokemon, I'm a follower of mathematics, (X-act pls come back) and I enjoy chatting to other battlers on Showdown, where I'm somewhat known for my terrible puns.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.
<25 Posts: Most of the time, I never saw a use in my posts, as either the subject were alright touched upon, or I was intimidated by the sheer skill and knowledge of others. Either way, I refrained from posting for a good bit, and I hope that tutoring will allow to contribute back to the community.

Username:RedGyarados91
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:RedGyarados91
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Est 7-10
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU, OU Doubles, Teambuilding
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing pokemon since Red and Blue but i did not hear about competitive play
until about last summer. Since then i have been reading about and playing pokemon nonstop. I have tried to make myself a
part of the community but unfornautly for newer people it seems a little harder to do that. I would like to increase my
battling abiliy and my overall ability so i can become a more respect member of the community and also offer any help i
can to new comers.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:yes please
I was skipped last round under this profile and multiple times under my old one.

Username: Celestial Phallus
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Aeon 2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I'm in GMT -5 EST, and I'm available Monday and Tuesday after 8 PM, like all night on Friday, and sporadically over the weekend (typically later, depends what's going on).
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU/UU/LC (not all those tiers of course, just any of them).
Tell us a little about yourself: The only interesting thing I do is probably play Bari Sax in a high level jazz band (which is why I'm not available thursday nights). I spend an hour or two practicing every day (in theory), which is why I'm not really on earlier. Other than that, I'm a freshman in highschool and like to read comics when I can and hang out with friends sometimes. I'm trying to get into more video games, but since money's a thing I can't do that as much as I want. Plus I suck. I just finished the Mass Effect Trilogy and am now replaying Super Mario Galaxy.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah
Less than 25 posts: Well, I'd really like to help out in RMTs but since I'm not that good I'm afraid of giving bad advice. I figured the best way to gain some confidence and get at least a little better would be to sign up for this.

I did not receive a tutor in round 81

Last edited:

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Hulavuta
Showdown Username: Hulavuta
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. Usually available on weekdays from 6 PM to 10 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2014
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently a high school senior going to graduate in June and hopefully go on to study Psychology at a University. I am a musician and music appreciator and I also like movies and anime. I'm mostly a lurker on the forums but that's really just because I don't usually have anything to say; I just enjoy observing the discussions. I like playing Pokemon on the 3DS and want to meet more Pokemon players in real life and attend live events once I'm in college. So although I'm not really a fan of the doubles format, if I must learn VGC for live events, I'm more than happy to :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Afraid I won't have the time :/

Username:SickSevenOne

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:SickSevenOne

Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT +10/Available Anytime

What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU, Team building, and Overall improvement in my battling.

Tell us a little about yourself:24 years old, just got back from a 9 month deployment to Afghanistan, I've been out of the competitive scene for about 2 years now. I have a lot of free time because I'm on leave and I figured "why don't I apply for this Battling 101 thing?" Like I said before I was in the competitive scene in 5th Gen, and quit in the beginning of BW2, due to the fact of me leaving to that big sandbox in the Middle East. I have good work ethic and make it an effort to make who I'm learning from worthwhile. I'm easy to teach and will learn with an open mind, plus I'm cool to chill with =]. On a more serious note, I want to learn the current standard metagame, team building, and analysis so I can further myself in the community in the future with the knowledge that I'll obtain from my tutor.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Of course if it benefits the program and its tutors!

Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Yes of course, to showcase my improvement and how effective my tutor was in teaching me.

***I was passed up in round 81.***

Last edited:
Username: Derpinator
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Derpinator
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, availability varies per day. Monday 11-12; Tuesday 11-12; Wednesday 11-3; Thursday 11-12, 3-5 and usually from 8 until midnight; Friday 11-12. That is all the guaranteed availability, I usually have other available times depending on what is going on.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: My first Pokemon experience was Emerald. I have played it regularly since it got released and currently have over 3000 hours, which I have been keeping track of on paper. It was initially part of a bet but I started really liking it once I borrowed a Gen IV game from a friend. This got me into competitive battling and I have been playing since then. I mainly am on another forum for Pokemon but come here for RMTs usually. I am not a complete beginner but I am not expert either, so I really want to do anything I can to get better and this caught my eye. My peak is 1760-1780, cannot remember exactly but right when I tried to fix one issue I was dealing with, I started falling. This is the same problem I always have so I know something is missing.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Krauersaut
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Krauersaut
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 - 9:00 MST
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: "gifted".... breaks things without even trying (including reinforced glass ;-;) I got back into competitive battling a couple months ago, and it just developed from there. I'm not bad at battling itself, but I can't teambuild for shit... Anyway, would love to be accepted this round ^_^
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure ^_^
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely, although I think it's *round 82

Was passed on last round.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Username: Lady Salamence
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Lady Salamence, ladysalamence, mispellings of popular celebrities/presidents/famous people
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 10AM - 5PM, 7PM - 11/12PM
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a veteran Smogon user, I mod/lead The Competitor, and spend WAY too much time on Smogon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure

I'm decent at OU, but I'd just like to be able to get tutored by someone who knows what they're doing (I don't) in regards to teambuilding and SPEED TIERS (ugh i hate speed tiers)

Username: Ein
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ein/SupaBouncer/Ein
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Monday 2-4 PM, Tuesday, 10+ PM, Wednesday 4-9 PM, Thursday 5 + PM, Friday 1:00+ PM and free most weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY-OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am studying engineering at school and always been a fan of competitive games. I would love to get a better handle on team building better and better in game decisions when it comes to switching in.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

I was skipped over last round.

Username: Nifubias
Showdown Username: OpticalSlime
Timezone and Usual Hours of play: GMT + 08:00, I'm on sometimes during the week around 4 in the afternoon
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU & XY Doubles, prefferably doubles.
Tell us a bit about yourself: I've been playing since RSE, but only been competitive late BW2. Currently I'm top 5 among my peers in Pokemon, but then again most of us suck :p Anyway, personal life, I'm a highschool freshman. Crazy right? 13 years old and in highschool. My school is weird. Well, I'm part of the official highschool band, as the second of the only two bass guitarists. Well, I got no plans aside from a 3 week vacay starting next week, Friday, but if you see me on, I'll be on for at least half an hour.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: If someine will tell me how to make one, yes.
Are you interested in playing for the round 81 Tutee Tournament?: If I get feasibly better, yeah.
Why should you be included if you have less than 25 posts: I've been on the sim for quite a while. I've reached 1800 more or less on the ladder on my old account. Also, I have a rep of learning quicly, so I won't be much of a hassle to the tutor I *might* get assigned to.

Last edited:
Username: Christuphurr

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Christuphurr

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC/GMT -6 (Monday / Wednesday / Friday = 5:00pm; Tuesday / Thursday = 7:00pm; Weekends = 12:00pm)

What tier do you want to learn?
: XY OU

Tell us a little about yourself
:WELL. My name is Chris, and I am a 15 year old sophomore. I've been playing Pokemon since I could remember, and haven't competitively battled for. I love Pokemon with a burning passion. I also love winning, and hope that this will help me with that. I'm involved with a lot of things both competitive and extra-curricular related. I'm on my high school's Cheerleading & Chess teams, and I used to be on Volleyball. I'm also a part of Korean Club. I'm very outgoing and energetic, and hope I get picked~

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?
: Sure.

Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?
: Yes, but I'll suck. xD

Why you should be tutored (if you have less than 25 posts): Since I do have less than 25 posts, I believe I should be tutored because I have less than 25 posts. I, in my opinion, am a noob-in-training. I don't have much experience in COMPETITIVE battling; only the main story line stuff that the games provide. Because I am such a huge newbie, building me up from what I am should (hopefully) be easy because I am like an open canvas; you can do anything with me! :D But in all seriousness, I should be tutored because I don't have much experience with Pokemon but I know the games and some of the basics to a greater extent. Therefore, developing me should be easy because I know moderate to little about this stuff. ^.^

Username: TRC.
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TRCTRC
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +12 3.00pm - 10.00pm weekdays, all of weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU / XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in New Zealand, I go to school, my life isn't really that interesting :/ I've done some c&c work which is in my sig, I'm part of The Smog HTML team and I lead the XY OU Pokemon of the Week in the overused forum. I want to get better at team-building, utilizing win conditions and stuff like that.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Skipped two rounds ago, and in the last round me tutor was very busy.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
I was skipped last round.
Username: Memoric
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Memoric
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC+8, Philippines. Usually I'm on 6-9 PM my time, and the whole day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I live in the Philippines. I've been a fan of Pokemon since whenever, my first game being Red. The part that I like most about competitive is the teambuilding aspect, since I like to mix and match Pokemon. I'm a fine battler, and can give a good game or too. As of now, I feel that I need some tutoring; I really think there's more to my game.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Username: Phantasia
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: trainer tape
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 10AM-5PM, 9PM-12AM
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU but I also want to learn doubles and VGC
Tell us a little about yourself: i first started playing competitive pokemon in ADV and since then I haven't been able to ignore this side of Pokemon. The reason I joined Smogon was to participate as a tutee in the apprentice program for early GEN4, and here I am again. I speak english, spanish, and (learning) japanese.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: yesyes

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Labyrinthine
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Labyrinthine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+11. I'm available pretty much whenever after 5:30pm on weekdays and all day during weekends or holidays.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 16-year-old Australian that has been on Smogon since the start of 2013. I enjoy playing OU as well as writing analyses, but feel as if I need to expand my tiers a bit and learn something new (which is why I want to learn Ubers). I'm also a driver on PS.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Definitely.

Username: Ausgirl
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ausgirl
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Australian Eastern Daylight Time UTC +11 -I'm usually available from 8pm most week nights and anytime on the weekends. Therefor I would prefer an Australian tutor if possible or someone from Asia due to timezone constraints.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm interested in sport, reading, writing, art & Australian politics

I was skipped in round 80 and got accepted in round 81 but my tutee was inactive. Limitless said that I would be given priority during this apprentice program. I'm looking forward to learning more.

Last edited:

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Metal Sonic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Metal Sonic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers / XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself:I like sonic the hedgehog
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Skipped in round 78,79,80, and my tutor in round 81 was inactive

Username: Zerox27
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Zero7206
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -5 GMT (US Eastern) Available mornings through noon right now, can be through evening soon. I'm flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, interested in playing on my 3DS, but will also learn whatever is available for frequent tournament play.
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing Pokemon since RBY, never competitive though. I've been breeding and trading competitive Pokemon on XY and mainly need help with with team building as well as general knowledge. Willing to put in the time to learn and breed whatever I need.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: Yes!

Username: Weirdishitsux
Pokemon Online Username: weirdishitsux / insane skillz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, I can be online whenever the tutor want (also in the night)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU and VGC 2014 (high levels of strategy inbattle and team building)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am Italian, I play competitively since july 2009 but until now I have always focused on the Italian tournaments (where I got dozens and dozens of wins) and that's why I think you don't know me. I was the master of shinycarletto (remember him? he now plays Lol). I want to be clear: I want to peak at least the Top 16 of the next Smogon Tour, I know I have the qualities to do it so I just need to improve myself in XY OU. If you want you can test me whenever you want and I will show you I'm not lying.

Last edited:
Username: cxinlee
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: cxinlee
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +8 GMT Night/Day
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU/XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Typical smogon lurker/newbie/fanboy. I enjoy playing Doubles specifically, and I used to play bw2 lc, but now I've stopped and I'm looking to catchup again. Ou is a tier that I've always wanted to learn, since its very popular. Regarding the community, I'm best buds with user Hulavuta. Non-pokemon wise, I'm a speedcuber, and I enjoy playing the Ace Attorney series.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:yes.

Username:Souvikde
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Razeredge01
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT +8. Im available weekdays 7-11 pm and weekends in most cases the whole day.
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im 24 years old live in Singapore got into competitive battling in XY after my friend told me about pokemon showdown. I watched a lot of smogon videos on youtube esp. the Victory road series. I do play showdown quite a bit tried to make into the OU suspect test but unfortunately didn't make the cut.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:I would love to.

i was skipped in round 80 and my tutor wasnt free in round 81. so i was told i would be given priority.

Username:dhn
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:musicforthedeaf
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt +9 , weekday nights and weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I used to play BW UU and love it. Interested in getting better at XY OU for now. Have a deep interest in stall thus expecting a tutor who has lots of knowledge in that area. Also a bit interested in trick room, gravity, and other gimmick team. In general, I would like to explore a more unorthodox approach to the game and I believe this way, I can learn the game as whole.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I don't see a reason not to.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 82 Tutee Tournament?: yes, would be a nice experience

Username: alflaya123
Shoddy Username: alflaya123
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 6:00p.m -12:00am GMT-6 CST On weekends I'm usually availible all day and Spring Break is coming in 2 weeks so I'll have lots of free time.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles/XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started competitive battling last fall after my friend introduced me to Showdown. It was then when searched the forums and came across the RMT forums. I saw how some teams were full of synergy and came up with ideas of my own. I loved the way it worked and I began the long process of EV training and IV breeding. Right now I have two competitive teams but I still have a lot to learn about team building and battling. In real life I am a Junior in high school from Oklahoma and I play trumpet on my school band.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
25 Posts
I mostly just lurk around the forums to see ideas for battling and team-building. I want to become more knowledgable in competitive battling that way I can make contributions to the site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)