Apprentice Program: Round Eighty Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to round 84 of Battling 101. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what an application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure, but I suck at tournaments =(

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: Don't forget about the new Tutee Talk forum, including what we expect of you guys if you are chosen as tutees!

Two more things: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Tutee tournaments will happen after every round, it is strictly XY OU. If you are interested in playing for this tournament then we will send you a reminder PM once the signup thread opens.

Last edited:

Melon

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Username: Melonz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: WaterlessMelon (PS!)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-8. Usually available from 3:00 to 10:30 on weekdays, but I have sports from 4:30 to 7;00 on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Available nearly all day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 8th grade student who loves to play lacrosse and loves to hang around with friends. I've been playing Pokemon ever sense I found a scratched up Pokemon Ruby in the parking lot after my soccer game when I was 7 or 8 or so. Ever sense I've loved playing Pokemon, and when my brother introduced me to PS! and Little Cup in mid 2013, I loved it. I never really got in to it though, but after my brother soled our Wii so I had to stop playing Mario Kart Wii online, I started getting really into LC. I've never been vary good, and even though I have somewhat of an idea of whats going on , I have a hard time making a decent team and I find myself struggling to make the correct play.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yepz.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Nope.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I'm move of a lurker than anything when it comes to the forums. I don't really feel like I know enough to contribute a whole lot to the forums, so I post rarely. I suspect that if I learn more about the metagame or get good enough at battling to feel like I can contribute useful information to the LC section of the Forums, I'll begin to post much more.

Username: Cadence
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: mattroom
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 10:00 a.m. - 2 p.m. & 10:00 p.m. - 2 a.m. GMT -7
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Huge basketball fan. I love both the analytic side and the player side. The first round this year of the playoffs is fucking nuts. My musical interests are whatever Kanye puts out [/sarcasm]. Really though, I like most kinds of hip-hop.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: I'm definitely interested. My XY OU skills are not that good, but I'm getting into the metagame now, so who knows? I might become a threat ;)

Username: s_aman
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: s_aman
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+5:30. I am available from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on weekdays according to my time.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, XY UU, XY Ubers, XY LC.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an indian teen. I am quite good at XY OU, when it comes to battling but suck at teambuilding. Also, i have little to no knowledge of any other metagame except for BW OU.
Will you be willing to do tutee talkthreads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Of course.

Username: Dirty Bum
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Dirty Bum
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: [GMT +10] 6pm - 9pm Weekdays, 10am - 10pm Weekends (on and off)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school student in grade 9 atm. I first got into pokemon in late BW2, playing on PO when my friends where out doing other things with their life. I wasn't good in any sense, but it really was just me and a Dragon Gem Hydreigon trolling all of PO. I kind off left after a month, and didn't come back for a while. When XY came out I immediately got it, and got straight back into Pokemon. I started EV training and IV breeding until I got bored, so I came to showdown and started playing. I've gotten a lot better since then, with my highest showdown rating around 1650. I'm a self-proclaimed "good teambuilder", but I lack in the area of actual battling, often making the wrong predictions and rage quitting a lot. :3
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Skipped Last Round

Last edited:
Username: The1NintendoFreak
Pokemon Showdown: The1NintendoFreak (will get other battle sims if need be)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +0 GMT - I Work shifts so 2 weeks I'm available from 19:00 till 24:00 and the other 2 I'm free from 21:00 till 02:00 i also have 2 days off each week not necessarily weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU or i suppose XY UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I love Nintendo games and Pokemon is one of the first Nintendo games I played. I own most of the games and have played them multiple times casually i tend to use different Pokemon that i haven't already used in a previous play through. when we reached gen 5 i started to drift away from Pokemon but X and Y rekindled my interest and i wanted to go one step further into the competitive scene. The main problem i have is i have no idea when to start with it i am fairly sure that guys i may enjoy playing with casually probably are not going to be to good likewise certain moves that seem awesome may be awful.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absol-utely (bad pun i know)
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Of course I mean its the whole reason I'm doing this is to start getting involved in this kinda thing so it would be daft not to
Less Than 25 Posts: I know I don't have any posts but that's Because I have never really used forums before this is like the 4th or 5th time i have posted on any forum. However i am defiantly serious about doing this and if things go well id want to contribute back to the site to share things i have picked up an such.

Missed out on round 83

Blizzard

@ NeverMeltIce
Username: Blizzard
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: pkblizzard
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5.5, 5 pm to 8 pm and after noon on Sundays.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing doubles since the time it became official. I believe i'm pretty thorough with the tier, but i find it quite difficult to teambuild properly. I hope to become extremely better at battling too. I like using diverse pokemon and don't like to stick to the tried and tested (this is rather difficult since i'm not skilled enough). Through this, i hope to become extremely better at doubles and contribute to the forums as well. I'm a regular in the PS! room as well as on IRC (usually lurk the latter). And i'm extremely keen and excited for this one, i'd like to perform even better and hopefully participate in the bigger tournaments on this forum.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: No, since i'm doing doubles :(

I was skipped twice some time ago, can't locate the threads, though.

Last edited:
Username: Felony
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Felony T1
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST/EDT; 3 PM - 9 PM weekdays, any time weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a regular guy just trying to improve my game; I'm nice and I communicate well with others which would make tutoring me easier.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.

Username: trillyntruly
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PO: trillyntruly | PS: trillyntruly | Shoddy: N/A
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST - Most of the time (let's say 1-7 PM, weekdays/weekends) <- those are flexible, btw.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just a guy that loves the arts. I like creative self-expression, and so I am drawn to music and tv and poetry and film and a whole myriad of other mediums. In reference to Pokemon though (what we're all here for), I grew up on the games. Started with gen 1 when I was like 6 or so, and played every generation after that (barring 5th). 4th gen was around the time I learned that there was a competitive aspect to it in the first place, and I learned the core, fundamental basics (I'm talking EVs and IVs basics), while collecting shinies. Skipped the 5th gen, and here I am, finally getting into the competitive scene after...most of my life, and I really want to do well. I think a tutor would greatly improve my game.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely. Round 81?

I was skipped last time, by the way.​

Last edited:

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Inflikted
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Inflikted (and a long list of irrelevant alts >_>)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2;
Weekends: any time
Wednesday: any time
Other days: from 8 pm to 11 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an engineering student from Italy, and I play competitive pokemon since 2008. Then i quit for reasons i don't remember, and I came back just before the release of xy. I am really enjoying the 6th gen metagame, but i consider my lack of knowledge about the 5th gen OU metagame an issue, as I can't really compete in tournaments involving more tiers. I also think that being tutored would help improving my battling and teambuilding skills in general. It would be a nice way to get more integrated into the smogon community, too, so...here i am!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I don't see why not
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: of course!

I was skipped during round 82, i really wanted to sign up for round 83 but I didn't because I realized i would't be able to be active enough (I don't know if this counts or not, as i wasn't skipped "last" round)

Last edited:
Username: DSM01
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: DSM01
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, 9 AM-2 PM or 6 PM - late, depending on the day
What tier do you want to learn?: HGSS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitively since the tail end of 4th gen and recently decided to pick up HGSS OU again. To give an idea of my skill level, I can easily ladder up to the top 10 on PO (where I usually play) in whatever tier interests me at the moment. I'm historically a balanced player but have been experimenting with stallier teams as of late in XY LU. Ubers has always been my favorite and best tier and I generally dislike the standardization and overly offensive nature of OU (at least in BW and XY). HGSS OU seems to be a relatively balanced (albeit highly centralized) tier and I like that stall is strong enough to consistently beat me. As I said before I'm a pretty solid player and can usually pick up on different metagames quickly enough, but for some reason HGSS OU eludes me and I'm absolutely atrocious at it. I would prefer a tutor who is very confident in their abilities and whose playstyle matches mine. Although I have fewer than 25 posts here, I have 500+ on PO and I'm not some rando that wandered onto Showdown last week.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes? I don't see anything explaining what these threads entail.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: N/A

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Username: jynx
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: lavandula
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8; 17pm~02am
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, VGC
Tell us a little about yourself: Performs better in Doubles than singles.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Guess so
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Maybe.

I was skipped in Round Eighty Two.

Username: Not the Messiah
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Not the Messiah, Falling Silence
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 (+1 DST), 4pm-12am Monday-Thursday, 10am-12am Friday-Sunday
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing competitively last summer, but I've been struggling to improve as a battler and teambuilder. I've played on the PO ladder with some teams from the rmt and ou forums which I've been using to learn the metagame more. I've had decent success, but I still need to learn more about the meta. I believe that Smogon's tutoring program can help me with making me a better battler and a contributor to Smogon.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes
Under 25 posts: I'm more of a lurker than a poster atm; I'm not comfortable with posting anything just yet, because I feel that due to how relatively inexperienced I am at XY and other tiers in general, I will look stupid to everyone.

skipped in round 81, assigned a tutor in round 82, but we had a large timezone difference and never got any sessions done. I was also assigned a tutor last round, but unfortunately his computer broke and we hardly did anything (there is proof of this on my profile page btw). Damn I'm unlucky with tutors :(

Last edited:
Username: Flame Emblem
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Flame Emblem
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, and as I'm homeschooled, I can be found most of the time I'm awake. However, I've got a rotating sleep schedule. I can meet my tutor at most any time, though, adapting isn't overly hard.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW LC, XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, for one, I really dislike writing about myself. I'm kind of shy; I really ain't much of one to step into the limelight, but if someone needs to do something, if no one else is volunteering then I'l take the bullet. I like to read, but I'm running out of new things to read. Guess what, I PLAY FIRE EMBLEM. I got into competitive Pokemon pretty late into BW OU, and have dabbled in all of the tiers. LC was always something I liked, and in Gen 5 I enjoyed it immensely. I've recently got back into LC for Gen 6, but am looking forward to be able to improve my skills in both tiers. I consider myself decent at prediction, and one of my favorite things to do when playing XY OU is having Aegislash use Swords Dance in Blade Forme, because I enjoy the mindgames and the feeling when I'm right. However, I can't really bring myself to use moves with any inaccuracy; I mean, I prefer reliable moves. If I must have a Rock-type use, I only use Smack Down; that's how crazy I am about it. I also tend to apologize mid-battle if my opponent's haxed, because I know how it feels to be screwed over by the numbers and it's not fun. I tend to hold my grammar to a pretty high standard, and sometimes use pronouns like xir, and I also use "xD" instead of "lol" because using "lol" excessively makes me feel like a tool, while excessively using "xD" makes me feel, well, like less of a tool.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I log literally every IRC message I'm present for, and will happily extend that to PS! or any other medium to the extent at which I am able.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Isn't that XY OU? I'm game, regardless, but I ain't exactly a ladder-topper. I'll sure give it my all, though.

I was told to note that I had an inactive tutor last round, so, uh, here's me noting it.

Thanks for reading!

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Metal Sonic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Metal Sonic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers / XY RU
Tell us a little about yourself:I like sonic the hedgehog
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Username:Randa
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Randa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4(EST): 5:30 PM- 10:30 PM. Also I might be on randomly throughout the day.
What tier do you want to learn?:XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school senior and played pokemon for the majority of my life. I also play fire emblem since its release in North America. I play football so my hours are kinda shifted around to be able to maintain conditioning.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: I don't think I'd do well but I'd be willing to try.
Reason for under 25 post: I made the account with the intent of becoming better through this program so up to now I have not had much to contribute.

Username: afterburn
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: afterburn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; Monday-Thursday: 7pm - 1am, Friday: 4pm - 2am, Weekends: 1pm - 2 am
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Went on a hiatus for some time, just returned. Want to hone on my rusty DPP skills for smogon tour and the WC which may have DPP OU. I recently moved back to the States, so hopefully there should be no qualms about setting up a time unlike my previous location.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: sure

Last edited:
Username: Dietcoke101
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Dietcoke101
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4PM-11PM (EST) on weekdays, all day weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a senior at highschool. I've played pokemon since I got my first game (yellow). Played a bit at the start of XY but got busy with school. I'm looking to improve my skills so I can beat my buddies and actually contribute a bit on the site instead of just lurking the forums.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah.

NOTE: Last round I signed up I got paired with ShootingStarmie, which was great and all, but our Timezones didn't match up very well which made tutoring pretty hard.

Last edited:
Username: killerkingler
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: I'll probably be on showdown! as gimmick testing
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I'm GMT-6 and I'm available usually from 3:30PM to about 11:00 PM but on Tuesday and Thursday I can't be on from about 5 to 8 pm. Weekends are spotty but i can be on later in my day say like later than 7 pm but if you make plans I am probably flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?:XY UU, XY Ubers, and maybe a little teambuilding help with XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm kind of just your average sophomore in high school. I play football (american) and I wrestle for my high school I've played pokemon since Crystal and competitively since about mid BW1. I've lurked on Smogon since about that time and have always want to be a little bit more of a solid teambuilder and player so I can become more involved in this community. I started really trying this gen with XY UU as it is a tier I am really passionate about. XY Ubers just looks fun but it is a metagame I haven't touched. Overall I know basic movesets and EVs for pokemon and their viability but I would really like to improve my battling skills and my teambuilding to compete in things such as official smogon tournaments and help boost my confidence as a knowledgeable member of the community. I would consider myself average but I am excited to learn and improve.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes anything to help me get better.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah sounds fun.

Username: Duplicated
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Duplicated
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (GMT -6) Saturday and Sunday after 6pm
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU and Uber, Team Building, Battle Strategy
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been here on and off for quite a long time. I think I tried to sign up for the program like years ago, but it was full and I had other stuff going on IRL, so I had to quit Pokemon for a while. I've just picked up X and Y after I got my 3DS, tried out Showdown with the team I have in mind, before I realized that I have literally no clue about team composition. Instead of spending a lot of time figure it out through trial-and-error alone, I hope that a tutoring program can at least impart some general ideas on me, so that I can apply the knowledge to the current (and any subsequent) metagame on my own.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
Username: Max Carvalho
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Big Mamoswine (showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3 I study at the morning. Usually avaiable at 2p.m to 7p.m, but I am flexible with this.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2014, XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am brazilian, studing in the 7th grade right now. I like soccer, books, games and food.I can learn things fast and I usually am patient. My favorite tier is lc and I would like to improve my knowledge in vgc, which I have no idea how to play.
Will you be willing to do tutee talkthreads on your tutors?: Sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Sure.
I WAS SKIPPED AT ROUND 83.

Last edited:
Username: The Sinful Bird
Pokemon Showdown Username: SomeGuy317, Teh Greedy Guy
Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (EST) I have school during the day, but I'm usually available from 4:00 to 5:45, sometimes till 6:30. Also available from 9:30 to 10:15, and some time here and there, depending on how the day went and such.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2014
Tell us a little about yourself: Just another brown guy in New Jersey. I like to play tennis and I also like photography. I watch anime and read manga, and I lurk around on Smogon a lot. Am also on PS! pretty often. Not really ventured out of OU besides Monotype, and I would like to learn VGC.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: I love tournaments, sure.

25 post count: While I don't have a quota of 25 posts, I do lurk a lot in the Overused, RMT, and OU analyses pretty often, and just recently decided to get myself involved in Smogon with this account. I feel that I may have more experience than more of the usual <25 posters, and I am very willing to learn and spend time with my tutor.

Last edited:
Username: DeathStroke822
Pokemon Showdown Username: DeathSlade822
Timezone and usual hours of availability: Weekdays: from 6-8 and 9:30-10:15 Weekands: Saturdays from !0 am- 10 pm. On and off (Est)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, VGC 2014
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a soccer player, who likes to play pokemon and other video games. Im on PS quite often. I als like food and and to watch tv. My favorite show is ARROW!!!! Its a boss show. On Ps, Im mostly on the Mono or Ou tiers.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yep

25 post count:
I dont have 25 posts. This si because this is a brand new account and that I study the website. I beeive that with a tutor I can succed in PS and VgC

Last edited:
Username: spiresquire

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: spiresquire

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GST-5:00) I'm generally available on PS! and IRC weekdays from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM, and more often than not I tend to stay up through the night. I wouldn't rely on that, of course, but if you catch me online at three in the morning, feel free to scold me. :P Weekends are wildly flexible since I have no social life or responsibilities to speak of. ._.

What tier do you want to learn?: To be honest, I'm just excited to play and learn in general. I suppose XY OU would be the logical first choice, but I'm up for some of the older metagames as well, specifically DPP OU and ADV OU.

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm someone who wants a distraction from life that actually makes me think about decisions and gives me a bit of a thrill. Not constructive, mind you, but a least stimulating. Smogon seems to fit the bill just nicely, so I've been lurking here and there, mostly sticking to IRC and OI for discussion. My actual battling skills are probably mediocre at best, but I have been trying to improve in any way I can, from getting a few crash couses from people on IRC to stalking some of Smogon's streams and articles. I think I've been doing a bit of everything but desprately scouting the top players. And this, of course. :D

I've also tried my hand at Smogon mafia, only to slip up so badly that I've held myself responsible for the loss of both mafia factions in the recent big. Outside of Smogon, I like to doodle here and there, but I haven't really worked up the courage to start an art thread or a deviantArt-like profile yet. Before coming here, I would hang out with people who litter the chatroom with emoticons, and they've kind of rubbed off on me, to the extent where it's almost an impulsive habit when I talk on IRC. ^_^'

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I would love doing that, yes. Especially if it is what I'm thinking it is.

Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Sure thing! Even if I do end up bombing it, I'd try anything to get my feet wet.

Last edited:
Username: Autriastar
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Autriastar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time Zone. Free late evenings around 8-12pm. During Week of May 9-16 free throughout most of the day.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a freshmen girl in high school. I love sports, English and of course Pokemon. I recently had a big sports injury and will be taking time of from school. To me this means a lot of time to play pokemon:D I’ve gotten to know the basic stratiges, and battling techniques. I’ve been doing a lot of OU, and entered many tournaments in the tourney room on Showdown. I have won a few, and come in third/second in some. I really hope to improve my battling, and get more involved with Smogon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course, I really want to learn how to get better!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure sounds like fun!
Brief explanation of why I should be tutored if I have fewer than 25 posts: I think I have fewer then 25 posts still. I'm really into Pokemon and have a lot of time on my hands. I really love learning strategies, and battling in general. I'd be an eager and willing student, working hard with my tutor and any tasks s/he gives me.
I was skipped over in the last battling round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)