Ladder Anything Goes

tysequaine

80% sexy, 20% disgusting
Remember that time 12-XVI shredded IT11 and Zangooser's reputations and dignity without mentioning them in his post once yolo

Also klefki

I have a AG team that I have worked hard on. I WILL admit its a little bit troll, but not completely... I have 1 Uber pokemon, 1 OU pokemon, 1 UU, 2 RU, and 1 PU. ( I have no, Baton Passers, Mega-Rayquaza, Double Teamers, Shedinja, or a Mega-Pokemon ) Here are the difficulty levels...

Uber Team: Easy Mode

OU Team: Normal Mode ( Including BL1 )

UU Team: Hard Mode ( Including BL2 )

Rainbow Team: Pretty Hard ( 1 from each teir, OU-PU )

RU Team: Pretty Hard Mode ( Including BL3 )

NU Team: CAUTION TURN BACK NOW Mode ( Including BL4 )

LC: FEAR MODE ( This is here between NU and PU becuase of Aron, Rattata, Riolu, Nosepass, and plenty of others with the FEAR Strategies! )

PU Team: Extreme Mode (Including BL5 )

NFE: 360 NO SCOPE BLAZE IT Mode

EXTRAS

Rainbow Team: Pretty Hard ( 1 from each teir, OU-PU )

Mixed: Difficulty Depends

Only 1 "Rule", only 3 of a pokemon. So, if you wanna battle me just ask right down below! Tell me your Pokemon Showdown username and I will challenge you when your online, or you can see if i'm online, or exchange time zones. My user name is Mega-Ambipomz. I will be recording people wins and loses by editing this thread. So, if you dont want you lose/win to be shown just tell me after or before our battle. I hope you injoy this challenge! ( If you challenge me and you lose and wanna rematch I will only allow you to use the same team. This is because of people who wanna make a specific team to counter mine. Sorry for the people who would not have done that. Also, only 1 rematch allowed! ) Leave a like if you like! Also, if you want more of these just tell me down bellow!

WINS
Zangooser ( A great battler, he should be the maker of this challenge! He won on Easy mode and he lost 0 pokemon. )

LOSSES

Myster N ( Good Try, he lost in Normal Mode and I lost 1 pokemon. )

TefoShark ( He did try Extreme Mode, even though he lost he had the courage to try,
he lost in Extreme Mode and I lost 2 pokemon. )

Dirk Nowitzki 41 ( Quit after 4 of his pokemon fainted with 5 UBERS and 1 OU, he lost in Mixed Mode and I lost 2 pokemon. )

One more thing if you break the rules I set while battling you will be put on the LOSSES list and if you break the rules...

Your not welcome here!.jpg

I have a AG team that I have worked hard on. I WILL admit its a little bit troll, but not completely... I have 1 Uber pokemon, 1 OU pokemon, 1 UU, 2 RU, and 1 PU. ( I have no, Baton Passers, Mega-Rayquaza, Double Teamers, or Shedinja ) Here are the difficulty levels...

OU Team: Normal Mode

UU Team: Hard Mode

RU Team: Very Hard

NU Team: Almost Impossable

PU Team: If you attempt this you have sworn to give me your soul if you lose. :pimp:

So, if you wanna battle me just ask right down below! Tell me your Pokemon Showdown username and I will challenge you when your online, or you can see if i'm online, my user name is Mega-Ambipomz . I will be recording people wins and loses by editing this thread. So, if you dont want you lose/win to be shown just tell me after or before our battle. I hope you injoy this challenge! ( If you challenge me and you lose and wanna rematch I will only allow you to use the same team. This is because of people who wanna make a specific team to counter mine. Sorry for the people who would not have done that. Also, only 1 rematch allowed! ) Leave a like if you like!
I think that I would like to have a shot at this challenge. I will attempt to win with an LC team, taking it one step further. Message me your timezone and when you're good to battle.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
I have a AG team that I have worked hard on. I WILL admit its a little bit troll, but not completely... I have 1 Uber pokemon, 1 OU pokemon, 1 UU, 2 RU, and 1 PU. ( I have no, Baton Passers, Mega-Rayquaza, Double Teamers, or Shedinja ) Here are the difficulty levels...

OU Team: Normal Mode

UU Team: Hard Mode

RU Team: Very Hard

NU Team: Almost Impossable

PU Team: If you attempt this you have sworn to give me your soul if you lose. :pimp:

So, if you wanna battle me just ask right down below! Tell me your Pokemon Showdown username and I will challenge you when your online, or you can see if i'm online, my user name is Mega-Ambipomz . I will be recording people wins and loses by editing this thread. So, if you dont want you lose/win to be shown just tell me after or before our battle. I hope you injoy this challenge! ( If you challenge me and you lose and wanna rematch I will only allow you to use the same team. This is because of people who wanna make a specific team to counter mine. Sorry for the people who would not have done that. Also, only 1 rematch allowed! ) Leave a like if you like!
Are we allowed to use abilities banned in those tiers for it to still count? For example, Shadow Tag is banned in UU but Wobbuffet is PU. Also, what's the rules on Species Clause? You could possibly do well with 6 ditto lower ladder, which would be 6 PU mons but certainly not a valid PU team.

Otherwise my main team has 1 RU, 1 NU and 1 PU so I may try this at some point.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here is an AG team I made, and that anybody can use for themselves or leave comments about :).
So happy I finally found the AG thread! Woo! I'm going to give a team of mine that, with some updates from time to time, brought me to around 1600 on ladder. Feel free to use this, make changes, make comments, etc.

Scolipede @ Lum Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
-Protect
-Poison Jab

Yep, its Scolipede, and yep, I'm running a 1 mon BP team. Pokemon such as Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, Rayquaza Mega, and more wreak havoc on their own, but with boosted speed they are nearly unstoppable and have even more options than before. Lum berry is so you can comfortably run sub on Dark Rai and not worry about having to protect and getting nasty plotted , sub BP protect and Speed Boost are self explanatory, and poison jab is there to deal damage and get the poisoning 30% of the time. Max invest into attack to do maximum damage to pokes like xerneas (whom is 2HKOd if it doesnt have bulk investment, and if you use sub and protect consecutively against a xern lead you will be able to outspeed, get 2 hits, and kill).

Rayquaza-Mega @ Lum Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Delta Stream (Air Lock before Mega Evolution)
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Dragon Ascent
-Extreme Speed

I mean, 180 base attack is a lot, and LO recoil really wears you down. Because of that I choose an item that either heals status or heals you. Considering I'm running Scoli and 252+ speed, I go for the SD here instead of DD to maximize power. Dragon Ascent is obligatory, ExtremeSpeed nails other pokes that could possibly use extreme speed on you (looking at you Arceus and other mega rayquaza), and Earthquake has strong coverage with Dragon Ascent.

Arceus @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Extreme Speed
-Shadow Claw
-Recover/Refresh/Earthquake/Magic Coat

Classic E-Killer Arceus here. Max attack and speed, Swords Dance for through-the-roof power, extreme speed for STAB and priority, shadow claw for ghostceus. The final option gives you a wide variety of "bet you didnt see that coming"s to screw up your opponent with (recover and refresh to shrug off injury and status, Earthquake for even more coverage, and Magic Coat to make those whirlwind WoW and sleep pokemon crap themselves).

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Jolly Nature
-Fire Punch
-Precipice Blades/Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Hone Claws/Swords Dance/Stealth Rock

The crown princess of Uber returns to desolate AG, especially with Scolipede boosts. The first three moves make for a generic max speed max attack powerful attacks set, but the fourth move is very variable. Want to watch your opponents quiver in fear when they realize EdgeBlades won't miss anymore and save their butts? Want to set your power over 9000? Or maybe even (gasp) support in the form of setting hazards? All up to you. Obviously, if you run Claws, use Blades.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Speed
Modest Nature
-Calm Mind
-Water Spout/Origin Pulse/Scald
-Thunder
-Ice Beam

Finally, a special attacker! Modest nature is to hit PDon for max damage with Ice Beam (depending on what set they run, you have a real shot at the 2HKO with +1), Calm Mind is to increase both special attack and bulk, and thunder and ice beam are the Ogre's bread and butter coverage options. Water Spout has absurd power (especially when you have speed boosts, and you usually won't get hit first), but of course can weaken. Origin Pulses has consistent power, but its accuracy lacks. And scald has the least power, but isn't pathetically weak, has 100 accuracy, and of course can burn.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP, and then some EVs elsewhere
Calm/Bold Nature
-Taunt
-Substitute/Magic Coat
-Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
-Recover

This may seem odd, but its always nice to have insurance against the typical gimmicks with a Poke that also has utility elsewhere. Taunt to obviously stop boosters and statusers etc., WoW to impair physical attackers and Toxic for walls, and recover to heal. Feel like playing safe and sane? Go for sub to stop all of that pesky status. Feel like you can out predict the world and also want to megaroast Klef and Whim? Magic Coat is the thing for you.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Here is an AG team I made, and that anybody can use for themselves or leave comments about :).
So happy I finally found the AG thread! Woo! I'm going to give a team of mine that, with some updates from time to time, brought me to around 1600 on ladder. Feel free to use this, make changes, make comments, etc.

Scolipede @ Lum Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
-Protect
-Poison Jab

Yep, its Scolipede, and yep, I'm running a 1 mon BP team. Pokemon such as Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, Rayquaza Mega, and more wreak havoc on their own, but with boosted speed they are nearly unstoppable and have even more options than before. Lum berry is so you can comfortably run sub on Dark Rai and not worry about having to protect and getting nasty plotted , sub BP protect and Speed Boost are self explanatory, and poison jab is there to deal damage and get the poisoning 30% of the time. Max invest into attack to do maximum damage to pokes like xerneas (whom is 2HKOd if it doesnt have bulk investment, and if you use sub and protect consecutively against a xern lead you will be able to outspeed, get 2 hits, and kill).

Rayquaza-Mega @ Lum Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Delta Stream (Air Lock before Mega Evolution)
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Dragon Ascent
-Extreme Speed

I mean, 180 base attack is a lot, and LO recoil really wears you down. Because of that I choose an item that either heals status or heals you. Considering I'm running Scoli and 252+ speed, I go for the SD here instead of DD to maximize power. Dragon Ascent is obligatory, ExtremeSpeed nails other pokes that could possibly use extreme speed on you (looking at you Arceus and other mega rayquaza), and Earthquake has strong coverage with Dragon Ascent.

Arceus @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Extreme Speed
-Shadow Claw
-Recover/Refresh/Earthquake/Magic Coat

Classic E-Killer Arceus here. Max attack and speed, Swords Dance for through-the-roof power, extreme speed for STAB and priority, shadow claw for ghostceus. The final option gives you a wide variety of "bet you didnt see that coming"s to screw up your opponent with (recover and refresh to shrug off injury and status, Earthquake for even more coverage, and Magic Coat to make those whirlwind WoW and sleep pokemon crap themselves).

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Jolly Nature
-Fire Punch
-Precipice Blades/Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Hone Claws/Swords Dance/Stealth Rock

The crown princess of Uber returns to desolate AG, especially with Scolipede boosts. The first three moves make for a generic max speed max attack powerful attacks set, but the fourth move is very variable. Want to watch your opponents quiver in fear when they realize EdgeBlades won't miss anymore and save their butts? Want to set your power over 9000? Or maybe even (gasp) support in the form of setting hazards? All up to you. Obviously, if you run Claws, use Blades.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Speed
Modest Nature
-Calm Mind
-Water Spout/Origin Pulse/Scald
-Thunder
-Ice Beam

Finally, a special attacker! Modest nature is to hit PDon for max damage with Ice Beam (depending on what set they run, you have a real shot at the 2HKO with +1), Calm Mind is to increase both special attack and bulk, and thunder and ice beam are the Ogre's bread and butter coverage options. Water Spout has absurd power (especially when you have speed boosts, and you usually won't get hit first), but of course can weaken. Origin Pulses has consistent power, but its accuracy lacks. And scald has the least power, but isn't pathetically weak, has 100 accuracy, and of course can burn.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP, and then some EVs elsewhere
Calm/Bold Nature
-Taunt
-Substitute/Magic Coat
-Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
-Recover

This may seem odd, but its always nice to have insurance against the typical gimmicks with a Poke that also has utility elsewhere. Taunt to obviously stop boosters and statusers etc., WoW to impair physical attackers and Toxic for walls, and recover to heal. Feel like playing safe and sane? Go for sub to stop all of that pesky status. Feel like you can out predict the world and also want to megaroast Klef and Whim? Magic Coat is the thing for you.
Cool team, just a few things that might aid further ladder climbing.

Leftovers don't benefit Mega Rayquaza nor Arceus EKiller sets. The ability to come in, boost up once and hit hard means that recovery isn't relevant. That being said, Recover on the EKiller Arceus isn't worth it and coverage moves like Earthquake (as stated) are better. Stone Edge is usually deemed better coverage than Shadow Claw.

On Primal Groudon, Fire/Ground/Rock coverage is less helpful than Ground/Rock/Dragon due to the prevalence of Mega Rayquaza, and its ability to set up on you. The only thing you're missing out on hitting hard with the removal of fire is being able to hit grass-types super effectively. These are extremely rare within the AG metagame though. The only thing that you'd really need Fire for is Skarmory, of which Sableye can check well with Taunt.

Running Spout without other water moves can be risky on POgre due to the prevalence of ExtremeSpeed within the metagame. Calm Minding up will not be helpful if you need your STAB Water attack later on, where its power has been decreased to nothing. Origin Pulse or Surf are much better on a CM Ogre.

Sableye is kinda niche, but it helps patch the weaknesses of the remainder of the team.

Overall, a nice team. Hope I helped.

Leftovers don't benefit Mega Rayquaza nor Arceus EKiller sets. The ability to come in, boost up once and hit hard means that recovery isn't relevant. That being said, Recover on the EKiller Arceus isn't worth it and coverage moves like Earthquake (as stated) are better. Stone Edge is usually deemed better coverage than Shadow Claw.
While running Recover on EKiller isn't really a good idea, Refresh may be a good idea if you can figure out a way to deal with Steel and Rock types with your other Pokemon and you can't get a good Heal Bell user on your team. Of course Refresh should then ONLY be used to cure Burns because those attack drops are just nasty.

Adeleine

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

On Primal Groudon, Fire/Ground/Rock coverage is less helpful than Ground/Rock/Dragon due to the prevalence of Mega Rayquaza, and its ability to set up on you. The only thing you're missing out on hitting hard with the removal of fire is being able to hit grass-types super effectively. These are extremely rare within the AG metagame though. The only thing that you'd really need Fire for is Skarmory, of which Sableye can check well with Taunt.

Running Spout without other water moves can be risky on POgre due to the prevalence of ExtremeSpeed within the metagame. Calm Minding up will not be helpful if you need your STAB Water attack later on, where its power has been decreased to nothing. Origin Pulse or Surf are much better on a CM Ogre.

Sableye is kinda niche, but it helps patch the weaknesses of the remainder of the team.

Overall, a nice team. Hope I helped.
Glad you like it! Thanks for the advice.

What items would you recommend on those two? Lum? I'm a bit worried about LO's residual damage.

I put fire coverage on since, because sun, Fire punch is 100% accurate and more powerful than blades, but you are right about dragon coverage (dragon claw I presume) being more important than I thought.

Yeah, I haven't really run Spout as of yet, but I heard all the cool kids were doing it and thought that I'd stick it on there. One more (very good) reason not to there. I used to have Origin Pulse, but that accuracy has been costing me more than I would like and am probably going got stick with surf.

Exactly right about Sableye.

Adeleine

On Primal Groudon, Fire/Ground/Rock coverage is less helpful than Ground/Rock/Dragon due to the prevalence of Mega Rayquaza, and its ability to set up on you.
This literally just won me my last game. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-291550377
Got a little dicey in the end, when I had to hit two Protects in a row, but I wouldn't have had to if Blades hadn't missed 2/3 times right near the finish lol.

Ze zangoose speaks ze truth!

Thanks for you suggestion. I only saved those replays that were funny. I'll try to get some serious replays.

Spilim? I'm not that guy.
And yes, my strat fails if I battle a team with mainly plated Arceus and P-don/P-ogre. For that reason, now I only use one or two scarf arceus in my team, but I'm still weak to that kind of teams because I can't find one or two pokemon that counter all common types of arceus. For scarfed Xerneas/Megaray, my trick is not going to do anything but I can switch to steelceus if they are locked into moonblast or dragon ascent. My trick also backfires when my opponent unexpectedly switch to a plated arceus and proceed to set up. I guess the effectiveness of my trick depends heavily on the matchup and the ingame decisions.
I've stopped laddering for a while but I said I'll try to get some more replays, so here I am with a few more replays of my scarfceus gimmick. I think my scarfceus team brought me to 1820 at some point, though I don't remember clearly. My gimmick actually worked on high ladder because most teams have at least 2 normalceus. But I also faced teams that gave me lots of trouble. I've mentioned the weaknesses of scarfceus in my previous post and I don't think I succeeded in building a team that covers those weaknesses. Scarfceus gave me trouble in team building because the rest of my team have to do as much as what is done by 6 pokemons in other teams. Maybe I'm just not a good team builder. Don't be dissuaded by what I just said, because scarfceus can be very effective against certains teams when used wisely.
vs. Spilim
The structure of his team is a little too simple, but he was no. 2 on the ladder so I'm not going to say anything more.

vs. Zangooser
Nothing on my team could beat skarmory even at +2. It was impossible for me to win without scarfceus.

vs. Highlord
My scarfceus used trick twice lol. I haxed him but he won 4 consecutive speed ties before that so I don't feel guilty.

vs. ythddrt
I know I made a few dumb plays.

Update:
I'm posting this also because I'm surprise that almost nobody has trick scarf user on their team in AG. Trick scarf is completely standard in OU and some other tiers. I guess maybe it's because scarf doesn't benefit the user too much in AG, but still tricking the scarf can cripple the target really hard.

Last edited:
Okay, serious question. Why is Cosmic Power Clefable seeing any use period when Minimize is infinitely better (especially as a Fairy)?

Okay, serious question. Why is Cosmic Power Clefable seeing any use period when Minimize is infinitely better (especially as a Fairy)?
Cosmic power is a guaranteed stopper, no matter what +6 / +6 will stop near any attack. Evasion is commonly referred to as haxing, which is not a strategy to be relied on. There are also several moves in play within the tier set that ignore evasion. So, to answer your question, evasion is not better, it is imo equal to Defense simply because it's faster to set up. Still, it is funny how near nobody seems to use Minimize. I might have to try it out myself.

Adeleine

Actually just got a KO with Extremespeed on my Web lead Smeargle. Genius or madness?

Hey everyone, I was playing the other night and discovered a bug while...creatively...teambuilding. Kyurem-White and Kyurem-Black, despite the lack of species clause, cannot go onto the same team due to the Species Clause. Clearly when the metagame was being coded the Species clause was removed, but this clause was forgotten. Now, it's not a big issue, since nobody who has half a brain would use both on one team anyway, but still, the bug exists.

Hey everyone, I was playing the other night and discovered a bug while...creatively...teambuilding. Kyurem-White and Kyurem-Black, despite the lack of species clause, cannot go onto the same team due to the Species Clause. Clearly when the metagame was being coded the Species clause was removed, but this clause was forgotten. Now, it's not a big issue, since nobody who has half a brain would use both on one team anyway, but still, the bug exists.
Not a bug, you can't use the DNA Splicers to fuse Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram when you already have a Black/White Kyurem. Although it shouldn't say 'Species Clause', but actually say that it's because of that mechanic.

Not a bug, you can't use the DNA Splicers to fuse Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram when you already have a Black/White Kyurem. Although it shouldn't say 'Species Clause', but actually say that it's because of that mechanic.
OK, thanks, I've never played the relevant games so I didn't realize that this was a game mechanic instead of species clause.

luigi rovatti

formerly fistofthefight
Hello, I would like you to evaluate my team and find strength and weaknesses, what moves to use, etc.
P.S.: I took almost totally the team configuration and the team itself from another user.

Rayquaza-Mega @ life orb
ability: delta stream
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Def
Impish Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Toxic
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It does. I don't have the time to rate your team now but checking out analyses, even just ubers ones, would be a good idea. At a quick glance things like iron head primal groudon really aren't needed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)