ORAS OU And the bunnies destroyed your dreams

Hi, it's dsm77773 bringing you my first succesful ORAS OU team which got me past the land of Donphans, Galvantulas and the like. Hope you like it, steal it, try it, and rate it!

I started with the fun Triple Bunny core and built around it, because:
1. I have a pet rabbit irl
2. It's an offensive core
3. All three mons are cute
4. Just because

I wanted to add a Healing Wish user and a Defogger to the team, this would bring great support to the core by bringing back to life one of its sweepers and take out rocks to freely switch in. Gave this spot to Latias which offers both possibilities, and also checks important threats such as Keldeo, Mega Charizard Y or Rotom-W, and its a fantastic Defogger overall.

At this point I didn't have Stealth Rock which is an essential move to fit in any team for so many reasons we all know. Heatran provides rocks and completes a SFD (Steel-Fairy-Dragon) core with Latias and Azumarill. It also has some nice stallbreaker utility with Magma Storm.

Thundurus is mostly a glue that checks set-up sweepers in a pinch (Earthquake Mega Charizard X and Drill Run Mega Beedrill would run over this team otherwise), while provides Prankster Taunt for stall teams, because you never get to cover them enough.

And without further ado, the team:

The team at a glance

Under the Zoom Lens

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Mega Lopunny is one of the best Megas against offense, which is the most common playstyle atm. It's blazing fast and has unresisted coverage between its two STABs, which let's me use two filler moves in the last moveslots. When you place Mega Lopunny on your foe's face, they don't know what they're facing. Power-up-Punch? Ice Punch maybe? Sub? Encore?
Well, in my case, SubPass. But don't play Mega Lopunny as a mere SubPasser, most of the time you're better attacking with its high-powered STAB moves - High Jump Kick and Return (you can use minimum happiness Frustration as well). Use the Substitute to capitalize on switches, and Baton Pass to grab momentum. Of course, you can pass a Sub to, say, Diggersby, but that never should be your Plan A. But I have to admit passing a Sub to Azu is nice, because it allows it to Belly Drum safely.
Basically enter the field safely (without being hit if possible as Mega Lopunny is very frail) and spam attacks until you die. Your opponent will switch? Which mon will bring in? Think if you can beat it with a Sub up or if you're better Baton Passing to its check/counter. This is the true key of using this Mega Lopunny.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Azu is so cute... and so powerful... This is the standard Belly Drum Azu, and as you might expect, the key in here is finding the right moment to Belly Drum (you won't be able to set-up twice) and spam attacks until you faint. In most cases, switching out Azu after a Belly Drum is not the best idea and you're better attacking to get a monstuous hit on the opponent. Or maybe you want to switch out and later heal Azu with Latias, but remember Sitrus Berry only triggers once. Also, maybe you don't need to set up on every match and instead you use the Sitrus Berry to help you checking Tyranitar for instance. On the moves, Aqua Jet is a priority STAB very useful when cleaning late-game at +6 (because if not, it's somewhat weak and it's better used as a finishing move only), Play Rough a secondary powerful STAB (and covers Dragon-types Latias cannot beat) and Knock Off grabs a impressive hit on anything that switches in, feel free to click it if you don't know what's switching in - probably it doesn't want its item removed and helps scouting as well (on some mons knowing the item means you know the set, for example, Scizor).
An ideal scenario is when you break physical walls with the Azu + Diggersby combo and you end up cleaning with Mega Lopunny. Also both Huge Power rabbits appreciate the paralysis support from Thundurus.

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Return
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Zero bulk, bad speed, mind-blowing 56 Attack... backed by Huge Power, which gives Diggersby... well, huge power (pun intended). This thing is a wallbreaker in every way, meant to destroy walls together with Azu (although Azu is 1000% cuter) via sheer power and not an OP boosting move. It works in a similar way, but keep in mind it's bad bulk and don't expect it to take any hit. However its power makes up for this. It's very dangerous once you've brought this in (safely) - offense cannot switch into this wihout getting OHKOed or 2HKOed by any move + Quick Attack, while stall cannot switch in easily either, cannot paralyze it with Thunder Wave, and most of the time its answers to Diggersby are weakened by Azu or even Mega Lopunny. Quick Attack is mandatory priority, Return and especially Earthquake very powerful STABs with great coverage together, Knock Off is a filler. You can replace Knock Off with whatever you want as Azu also carries the move, but again is an attack with no drawbacks to hit any switch-in if you expect a switch. 29HP IVs are to take less Life Orb recoil.
If it gets a Sub from Lopunny, Diggersby can take priority as well and smack the user, increasing its usefulness against offensive teams which tends to struggle a bit with.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Latias is a perfect fit to the team. Her biggest selling point is definitely Healing Wish. With that move, Latias can bring back to life a weakened and statused mon from the team. Just imagine Azu Belly Druming a second time after it broke your best walls... scary. Also, Defog is almost mandatory on any team, if not, hazard stack becomes very threatening, especially when reliable hazard setters such as Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Klekfi and Landorus-T run free in the tier. Draco Meteor is the classic Lati move, drop a Draco on the switch-in and watch it die (well, in theory, of course, also Latios packs greater power). Psyshock is a secondary and more reliable STAB.
Latias's typing also works wonders to check some Electric-types (EVs spread allows her to take two Hidden Power Ice from Thundurus-I with no Stealth Rock up), Water-types (looking at you defensive Starmie and Keldeo), Grass-types (*cough* Breloom *cough*) and Fire-types (this goes for Mega Charizard Y and Infernape).

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

My Stealth Rock setter, Excadrill check, and trapper. Heatran has one of the best defensive typings in the game, but it's plagued by a x4 weakness to Ground - Air Balloon solves that by allowing it to switch on Earthquakes (if you're ballsy enough to try it) and beat any Excadrill variants 75% of the time (the other 25% of the time Magma Storm misses...) which is very important because Sand Rush Excadrill is a pain to deal with for this team, especially since it cannot be paralyzed (with Thunder Wave anyway). It also lets Heatran set rocks on the ever-common Ground setters (Garchomp and Landorus-T).
This set is the basic offensive Stealth Rock setter, with Magma Storm for trapping and missing duties. The residual damage is nice too, as it counterplays Leftovers and might allow Heatran 2HKO a switch-in it couldn't before, so if you expect a switch, you are free to use Magma Storm (most of the time switch out, though). Flash Cannon is a good and reliable STAB that hits Fairies, which Heatran is meant to check for the team. Earth Power is basically for Heatran dittos and nice coverage as well. Using Earth Power on Mega Diancie is also a good idea as most of the time they switch out and you can try and catch some Heatran switch-in trying to block Flash Cannon (Excadrill, Electric-types), while it KOes Diancie anyway if it has taken damage on the switch. It also covers Mega Charizard X and if you have a Balloon up, you can beat it 100% of the time even if it packs Earthquake. This is very important - Mega Charizard X is arguably the best Mega atm.

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Thundurus provides great utility to the team, bringing Prankster Thunder Wave to the table, ruining Mega Charizard X, Mega Beedrill, Mega Lopunny, and any other glass cannon or set up sweeper tbh. Prankster also gives it priority Taunt to stallbreak, it renders useless a lot of passive mons (Chansey is the classic example). Volt Switch grabs momentum and Hidden Power Ice gives it BoltBeam coverage and more importantly a surprise hit on anything trying to block Volt Switch, as a lot of the OU Ground-types (Landorus-T, Garchomp, Gliscor) are very weak (x4) to it.
That's all about it, Thundurus job is an offensive utility, annoying stall with Taunt and offense with Thunder Wave (feel free to use it on a expected switch in if there's nothing to block it / take advantage from). The paralysis support is also very important to the team's success, as I have two slow wallbreakers, and despite the max Speed investment Heatran cannot be considered fast (not that it needs the extra speed). And the stallbreaker utility is always welcomed - you never ever get to cover stall enough as I said (unless you slap Hoopa-U on every team) and blocking recovery is just perfect when against fat builds.
The last thing Thundurus does is forming an offensive VoltPass core with my Mega to grab momentum easily and apply extra pressure.

The hidden Chansey
As always, there's a Chansey hidden in here, go and find it if you don't have any social life and you want to waste a bit of your time.

Final spoilers

I have two (count them), two immunities AND an Air Balloon user, and STILL Sand Rush variants threaten me under sand. The problem with this is its combination of ridiculous speed under sand and power, coupled with the fact that it's immune to Thunder Wave. Keep Heatran's Air Ballon intact at all costs so you can smack it with Magma Storm / Earth Power. Azumarill's Aqua Jet can help too.

Again this thing has too much speed with Unburden and hits very hard with Acrobatics (I don't have anything bulky on the team) and High Jump Kick. However, it can be paralyzed, so after a kill force it out with Thundurus or paralyze it. In both cases it'll lose the speed boost and it will become much easier to beat.

This thing is rare as hell but can Sub up almost forever while SubSeed stalling the whole team, you have to punish every single mistake this thing makes. Thanks Arceus this annoying cotton bitch is very rare.

If Thundurus is weakened and Heatran is removed (by Dugtrio or w/e) this can clean the whole team with ease, especially if they're variants that outspeed Thundurus so they cannot be paralyzed as they KO first. Don't let Heatran die, keep rocks up at all costs and you'll be fine, especially since Azu can take a hit on a pinch and retaliate with Aqua Jet

If this is not on your threatlist, you're lying. Now seriously, you rely on paralysis from Thundurus if it's the Earthquake variant. Never ever let this thing set up. Never.

Same as Mega Charizard X, only that it does not set up and has Drill Run over Earthquake. Also is much rarer. If it has Knock Off it's not that dangerous.

Not that important on this team, but just for show (remember to place abilities correctly):
http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?184|428m|660|485|380|642

PM me if I forgot someone - I might add you... or not.
jordanthejq12 I like donkeys thdhted AnybodyAgrees michaeloche NOCturnal Hunter (I don't care if you didn't help with the team and don't post bad replays about me NOC, thank you very much) Joshz dusk raimon clj555

They're down atm

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Return
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
hi, nice team. It looks quite solid but one change I would make is Offensive Lure Thundurus > Taunt Thundurus. Your main offense core is quite troubled by bulky Grass types, especially the likes of Mega Venusaur and to a less extent, Amoongus, and a bunch of Venusaur balance / BO teams carry Pursuit on a teammate for Latis meaning that it isn't a consistent answer (I wouldn't call Heatran one either since it can't afford Taunt + its relying on a 75% acc move), especially when coupled with the fact that you lack Roost too. Psychic Thundurus lures out Venusaur and puts a huge dent into it so that Heatran or one of your bunnies can pick it off easily. Grass Knot allows Thundurus to lure out the likes of Quagsire and Hippowdon, preventing the former from stopping Azumarill from sweeping and it just picks off the latter easily so you lose your Azumarills Sitrus Berry too early. I would also recommend Swords Dance > Knock Off on Diggersby. sure losing out on Gengar sucks, but Diggersby is generally more effective with Swords Dance so it can put huge pressure onto defensive teams, overloading them alongside Azumarill.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Grass Knot

Changes in short:
Offensive Lure Thundurus > Taunt Thundurus
Swords Dance > Knock Off

That's all I got and I hope this helps!

Yet again, where's the egg? I'm starting to think you want me to post so that my avy will count as the Chansey.

Regardless, this team is solid. However, since your Diggersby isn't using SD, why is it using a Life Orb? And, also, why isn't it using U-turn? U-turn also provides momentum, so it would make it a good option over Quick Attack.

Yet again, where's the egg? I'm starting to think you want me to post so that my avy will count as the Chansey.

Regardless, this team is solid. However, since your Diggersby isn't using SD, why is it using a Life Orb? And, also, why isn't it using U-turn? U-turn also provides momentum, so it would make it a good option over Quick Attack.
There's no egg on this one and I'm having problems editing the OP to hide it.
Quick tip for my other RMT: Zoom the text

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)