SM OU An Attempt At Using Feraligatr this gen

Lets Call This Lake Placid

Wuddup everyone, this is not my first rmt overall, but the first and probably only one I'll do for this gen. I tried to make something that isn't a complete waste of time to use while utilizing Feraligatr. I've missed this boi since the XY and ORAS days and wanted to find out how it would fit in the current meta, so uh yeah thats about it heres the team.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog​

Don't think there are many new things I can say about this Mon but damn is it useful and stupidly consistent. EV's allow me to out speed Kommo after a boost and live a +2 Acrobatics from Hawlucha after rocks. If anything I'd probably like to find the room to fit defog on another member since being choice locked in to that isn't all that fun.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
I literally always wanna run offensive tran over this set but I feel like specially defensive was better suited overall for this team, tho the prominence of Z fighting moves and focus blast on Lele and Thundurus and Hoopa to name a few makes it decidedly more important to scout first. First 3 moves are self explanatory and I threw toxic on for when I cant burn the opposing mon and to make it easier for Gatr or Medi to finish the team off.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower​
I needed something that countered Kartana and turned to Steela. Leech Seed to wear mons down and keep Celesteela nice and fresh, protect cuz uh protect and extra turn of health, flamethrower for Kart and Ferro, and heavy slam for everything else. I hate playing against this set but It is pretty damn effective no other way to say it.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic​
Toxapex forms a pretty solid lil core with Celesteela with pex checking mons such as Ash Greninja, Volc, Charizard Y and others, and Celesteela checking and or just countering mons like Lele, Mega Alakazam, Excadrill, and Tyranitar. Haze because otherwise I get fucked by the ladder teams with 5 setup sweepers and I'm not about that. Honestly no clue why I have toxic over toxic spikes rn I probably just copy & pasted from the strat dex and kept it that way.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch​

Chose Medicham as my mega to take advantage of anything crippled by toxic and rocks already and to blow enough holes for Feraligatr to finish the team off if Medi cant do it alone. Sets pretty self explanatory, fake out for priority along with chip damage and most times gives an extra turn of toxic damage so thats cool, Zen Headbutt for reasons, High Jump Kick because I love missing only when the games on the line , and ice punch for lando switch ins plus zapdos and anything else that i just dont need to risk missing Zen Headbutt with. First time using it this gen and I love it.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Aqua Jet​
And finally the star of the show, Feraligatr. with Sheer force Gatr can utilize a life orb on top of already boosted attacks and not take damage, even tho im only really getting that benefit on Liquidation. With one boost it outspeeds and OHKO's Tapu Koko,Ash-Greninja, Tapu Lele and a number of other relevant threats, and a nice 75% chance to OHKO toxapex after rocks. The biggest issue is obviously not running ice punch which I think I will change sometime today or tomorrow. I put aqua jet on there because idk more priority lol and after a Dragon Dance jet will just ohko excadrill when they think they can quake, along with doing around 70% to Mega Zam, but I think its not worth it to miss out on slapping tangrowth and other mons like Kommo and Serperior for way more.

So yeah thats about it sorry if this RMT totally sucks its been forever and I'm not nearly as present in this gen as others in the past but I'd love to hear what y'all think and what could make this team not so dependent on not running into certain matchups(as you can see if lando goes down I dont even have a resist for electric type moves lul.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)