SM OU An Above Average Amount of Fatness

Hello again Rate My Team. So I've been using this team for about 2 days on a new account and have 1458 elo, which is pretty good for me honestly. Without further ado, the team:

Seein' Red (Tapu Bulu) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt
- Superpower

Ok so Bulu was the first building block for this team. I built my whole team basically for the purpose of getting as much mileage out of Seein' Red as possible. And of course by that I mean, "Get as much mileage out of Grassy Terrain as possible". So yeah, bulky AV Bulu, but with maxed out Attack so that it can hurt things. I probably could run this thing bulkier since I'm more concerned with this thing just setting up terrain and switching in on things my other Pokemon can't handle, but I do like still being able to do damage to things.

Wonderwall (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

Anyway, here's Wonderwall, the first Pokemon that I thought of when I decided to use Bulu. Grassy Terrain reducing the power of Earthquake is a dream come true for Toxapex, and the extra healing isn't bad either. Anyway, its just a standard defensive Toxapex, just doing standard defensive Toxapex things. If you ask me, Bulu and Pex are the best partners. They cover each other so well, its almost like they were made for each other. Seein' Red switches in on non-Flyinium-Z Lando, Garchomp, Zygarde, defensive Zapdos, and Tapu Koko and sets up Terrain to ease the Earthquake matchup for Wonderwall, who switches in on any Poison, Steel, or Ice type moves.

Slug (Gastrodon-East) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Now I like bulky water types even more than the next guy, so I decided to run a second one in Gastrodon. Slug, Seein' Red, and Wonderwall work really well together in my experience. Toxapex and Bulu handle Grass type moves for it, it and Pex handle Poison, steel, and Fire types for Bulu, and it and Bulu decently handle Ground and Electric type attacks for Pex. I'm not going to claim to know a lot about competitive Pokemon, but I'm really liking the Bulu, Pex, Gastro core. Aside from that, its just Scald spam to fish for burns mainly.

I am a Heat MAN! (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic

And rounding out my team's Fire, Water, Grass core is Heatran. Heat MAN here is made to be a specially bulky as possible and tries to benefit from the reduced Earthquake damage along with Wonderwall. The special thing about this Heat MAN is the set. I made it as a way to remove things like Toxapex and Chansey and any other annoying fat things that can't kill it. Trap with Magma Storm, Taunt to prevent healing, Toxic for some additional damage over time, except for Toxapex, and Earth Power to speed things up and kill Toxapex. Aside from that, its a good switch in for non Fightnium Magearna and Tapu Lele and really any non Fightnium Psychic or Fairy types. I did consider Lava Plume over Magma Storm to fish for burns, but I felt as though trapping is too valuable.

Clockwerk (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird

And another defensive Pokemon. This a Skarmory. It does Skarmory things, like set up hazards and blow hazards away and have really high defense. The rest of the team protects it from things that otherwise threaten it like the scary electric chicken, and it protects the rest of the team from things like Landorus, Garchomp, other Bulus, Grass types, Megacham, and other things. Rocks are nice to have and removing other people's rocks is even nicer. Brave Bird does damage, but I am considering Iron Head because of that pesky recoil, but I don't know, what do you think? Now, you probably look at this team and think that there's not really any sort of offensive presence. Well, the next Pokemon is gonna change that.

Makawish (Togekiss) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast

And suddenly offensive presence. Now, I wasn't very sure about Scarf Togekiss and was planning on just running ParaFlinch like I always do, but I mixed it up and went full on offense, and I love it. Togekiss is pretty bulky and has a really nice special attack stat with some alright speed and a good offensive and defensive typing in Fairy/Flying. Choice Scarf Air Slash is pretty good with a 60% flinch chance and its coverage is pretty good. There really isn't anything that can really switch in on this set with full confidence, because its either got decently strong stab or strong coverage options. The rest of the team and stealth rocks does a good job of wearing things down so that Togekiss can swoop in and take them out. I have won a number of games specifically because of Makawish, I just think its really good. I was considering maybe Flamethrower or Heat Wave instead of Fire Blast for accuracy, but I feel like the extra power is worth it.

Threats I've noticed:

This thing is fat and annoying and I can't really kill it without Air Slash flinches.

Scarf Kyurm-Black is terrifying. It outspeeds and kills everything on my team. Even non-scarf Kyubie is scary without rocks because Dazzling Gleam only OHKOs with rocks.

So yeah, that's about it. Can't wait to hear what you guys think if this team. Also, I'm thinking about running Sticky Webs to slow down other scarfers to make Makawish's life easier, so if anyone has any reccomendatons for Web Setters that fit with this team, I'd love to hear them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)