Ambipom (OU Lead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
@Delko: these so many things are... Gengar and... uhh... yeah. Just use Flamethrower if you dislike accuracy (though that isn't even a good argument). Also, a bunch of logs of clueless people facing this set doesn't help at all; that guy just left his Roserade to die.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
lol your logs are agianst people who are awful, leaving in roserade to eat an obvious fake out when you have a steel pokemon on your team is fail. Rejecting this set

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ah Philip I was afraid of that at first to. But Ambipom has such a wide movepool it cannot be predicted right every single time. For example, I have been testing Ambipom for the past days now and I notice that people indeed go to Heatran to wall Ambipom. For this reason I am using Low Kick instead of Ice Punch and Fake Out + Low Kick will take out Heatran. You can use Payback to hurt Rotom-a versions or Thunderpunch for Gyarados. What I'm trying to say is that this set might become well known, it still is unpredictable since there are so many (effective) options Ambipom could run.
But your current set does not have this. Your current set is Fake Out/Aerial Ace/Seed Bomb/Ice Punch, so if you want to run Low Kick or Payback, you're going to have remove two of those attacks. Ambipom can't run Fake Out/Return/AA/Seed Bomb/Ice Punch/Pursuit/Payback/Thunderpunch/U-Turn/Taunt, you know.

Don't bother about the "wide movepool" bit, as I've said, he can only run 4 of them.

ok from what everyone said, and because people are looking down on it, i guess this set isn't as great as i was as i thought to be :/

edit: lol sds

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After having seen the rest of logs, and conversed about this set with fellow QCers, I'm officially rejecting lead Ambipom. The reasons are obvious, and I have already explained most of it in my last post. I'm closing and moving this thread now. Thanks for the effort put behind this attempt to contribute to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)