Aggressive team with fwg core

I've never been really good at building teams, especially in UU, but I wanted to give it a try this generation. This team is decent I've gotten at least two wins for every loss with this team. I'll just go straight into the team. If you guys want me too I can add a teambuilding process upon request.

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Overheat

My replacment to Arcanine. While eliminating the intimidate core I had previously, I have a new, and greatly needed ground immunity. With Will-o-wisp I can burn foes, volt switch gives me more needed momentum, pain split is my recovery, and Overheat is standard on Rotom-H. With this new poke I am now able to go face to face with previous threats to this team such as Flygon and Metagross.
Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
- Will-O-Wisp
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
I've pretty new to UU, but I've heard bulky arcanine is pretty good. He and mega manetric preform well together making an intimidate core. I chose physically defensive because I needed a physical tank, but Arcanine's performance is rather lack luster. He cannot take a supereffective physical hit even after intimidate. His moves are Will-o-wisp, for the burns, Extremespeed, for priority that my team lacks, Morning Sun, for health regen, and Flare Blitz, the obligatory move for this pokemon.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Roar
Empoleon is an amazing special tank, even taking tbolts from opposing Mega-Manetrics. I used to have Keldeo in this spot for thew FWG core, but I needed rocks and defog on my team so I switched it up for Empoleon. The moves are Defog, for hazards, Stealth Rock, which allows me to set up my own hazards, Scald, stab attack and burn haxs make me smile, and Roar*, to stop set ups.

*I've found Roar more useful than icebeam because it allows me to remove my opponents stat boosts. If I find I need to change for something more appropriate I can just hard switch.
Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure Technician
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Rest HP Fire
Roserade completes the FWG core. Bulky Roserade is quite threatening, she can take many hits and then hit hard and recover. This one can also absorb status due to natural cure. The moves are Sludge bomb, powerful STAB, Giga Drain, STAB and recovery, Sleep powder, sleep is an always welcome status, and Rest, which is OP when combined with Natural Cure. As suggested HP fire is now added to Roserade for coverage. It is boosted by technician and cause me to no longer be walled by Bulletproof Chesnaught.

Hydreigon (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Roost
Hydreigon is my wall breaker. He can knock out pretty much anything that isn't a fairy. His moves are Draco Meteor, which does approximately 40% to anything that isn't specially defensive, Dark Pulse, which is a second stab if you don't want to lower your SpAtk yet, Superpower to catch your opponents off guard with a physical hit, and Roost, which takes care of your life orb damage.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge/ Knock off
This thing is a monster. Last gen I swept with MoxieScarf Herracross. After letting your other pokes take care off the things that stop this set your opponent is dead. The coverage moves are pretty standard. Dual Stab , Close Combat and Megahorn, as well as edge/quake. I've seen some sets run knockoff>stoneedge, but idk if it would work well.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
This is my teams Mega. I kinda dont know what to say here. I'm running the standard set for Mega-Manectric. Like stated earlier, Manectric + Arcanine make an intimidate core. Well, thats all I have to say about Mega-Manectric.

Well thanks for looking at my team. Any help or comments are appreciated. :)

***3/6/2014 UPDATE***
Currently testing Knock off on ScarfCross. I'm super scared of missing Stone Edge at a crucial moment and Knock off is a great utility move every team should have. Therefore I will be testing Knockoff>StoneEdge. Results at a later date.

Last edited:
I'm assuming to bump my post I simply need to reply in it. I really need some opinions, especially with picking out a new physical wall. Arcanine isn't cutting it

Very balanced team you have there. I have a few suggestions...
1. If you are looking at a defenaive fire type, then arcanine is the way to go. If you are willing to switch around the roles ie revenge killer, wall breaker, i have some suggestions.but, if you are looking for a good wall, you can try physically defensive chestorest rotom-h. It has more resistances than arcanine and has great synergy with empoleon and roserade...
2. On roserade, youll find it better to use technician over natural cure, hp fire over rest. Bulletproof chesnaught can setup on roserade easily and it can beat empoleon with fighting stab moves. Oh and switch to life orb for more power. Life orb technician hp fire 2hko most chesnaught easily.
3. hydreigon looks good, but you may want to put mild nature over hasty. At base 97 speed, there really isnt much to outspeed so you might as well go for more power. Haxorus always runs adamant nature so youll be faster 99% of the time. Darmanitan is usually scarfed so that doeant help you either.
4. Moxie cross looks good and has great synergy with mega manectric.
5. Mega m looks good. Personally, i prefer hp grass, but you have roserade so its okay.

I have switched to your suggested sets and have seen much improvement. The only exception is I use leftovers/painsplit Rotom-H over RestoChesto. Thanks for the feedback, an update to the OP will be made shortly after this is posted.

Are you aware that Defog will also remove YOUR hazards and set-up when used?

If someone has a team with Dual-Screens or something annoying that will irritate you into using Defog, your rocks go bye-bye too.

Are you aware that Defog will also remove YOUR hazards and set-up when used?

If someone has a team with Dual-Screens or something annoying that will irritate you into using Defog, your rocks go bye-bye too.
Thats true, but he picked one of the best stealth rockers that can set up stealth rock multiple times with ease. If he runs into a spike stacking team and sticky web, then he absolutelymust get rid of the hazards. Plus, there arent too many viable rapid spinners. So his defog user is also a stealth rocker also

Thats true, but he picked one of the best stealth rockers that can set up stealth rock multiple times with ease. If he runs into a spike stacking team and sticky web, then he absolutelymust get rid of the hazards. Plus, there arent too many viable rapid spinners. So his defog user is also a stealth rocker also
I don't necessarily agree. In fact, the time he takes to set up rocks is just more unrecoverable damage for Empoleon. This is particularly important if your opponent is consistently setting hazards (ie. Dual Screens, Spikes)
so Empoleon may end up creating a lot of work for itself and not serve its true purpose as a Special Wall.

I believe spikes have become obsolete in the metagame due to defog removing them with ease. A few teams may still have it but overall it is uncommon. Screens on the other hand are quite the nuisance, but I have manged to work around them before and they're not much to handle. I have seen few dual screeners in the current UU meta, so they should not be much of a problem. If you see anything else set wise, such as EVs, moves, specific pokemon I should test, please inform me so I may make changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)