Aerodactyl (Life Orb)

undisput3d: Hi, I like most of your changes in green, although I don't really see the need for slicing up the 3rd paragraph into three parts. I'm going to keep the first paragraph, but I am going to keep the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs in one for now. It's only 5 sentences between the two, so it's really not that long.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
undisput3d: Hi, I like most of your changes in green, although I don't really see the need for slicing up the 3rd paragraph into three parts. I'm going to keep the first paragraph, but I am going to keep the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs in one for now. It's only 5 sentences between the two, so it's really not that long.
Gotcha. I think the paragraph change you made is pretty concise and necessary, so I'll hold off cutting paragraphs. Now that I look the analysis again, I'll make a second proofread, seeing some things I missed.

<p>With great coverage in only two attacking moves, blistering speed, and access to Roost and Taunt to beat stall teams, Aerodactyl finds a great niche on offensive teams outside of the lead spot. Stone Edge is the primary STAB move and deals a lot of damage to Pokemon that do not resist it. Earthquake completes the infamous EdgeQuake combo which is only resisted by few Pokemon in the game. Roost alleviates his Flying weakness, as well as healing up on weak Special Attacks, like Blissey’s Ice Beam. With max Speed, Aerodactyl outspeeds every non-boosted Pokemon in the metagame, bar Jolteon, Crobat, and Ninjask, all of which are hit for super effective (Smogon analysis emphasizes the use of lowercase "Super Effective!") damage with the two moves provided.<p>

<p>Tyranitar and Magnezone are two great partners for Aerodactyl. Tyranitar provides Sandstorm which increases Aerodactyl’s Special Defense and makes it one of the best Heatran switches in the game. Tyranitar can also lure some of Aerodactyl’s counters with a bait set, including Gliscor, Bronzong, and Breloom. Magnezone traps pesky steels that get in Aerodactyl’s way, like Choice Scarf Jirachi and Scizor. Pokemon that resist the EdgeQuake combination, like Breloom, Flygon, and Bronzong are great counters to this set. Faster Choice Scarf users can not switch in without taking a large chunk of damage, but can easily revenge Aerodactyl.</p>

(Now, I don't know about the second paragraph, but this sounds like it could go into Additional Comments because it talks about partners and threats to Aerodactyl.)

[Additional Comments]

<p>Entry hazards and hard hitting Pokemon are extremely beneficial when attempting to clean-up with Aerodactyl. Stealth Rocks in particular, help Aerodactyl get the guaranteed KO on Pokemon like Salamence and Bulky Gyarados after Intimidate. Because Aerodactyl doesn't hit extremely hard, having powerful attackers like Mixed Salamence help Aerodactyl break down bulky walls, such as Hippowdon, Celebi, Swampert, to name a few.</p>

<p>Fire Blast and Crunch are potential replacements for Taunt if you want to hurt offensive teams rather than stall-oriented teams (Smogon analysis refers to these teams using lowercase titles). Even with a hindering nature, Fire Blast OHKO's Standard Forretress 100% of the time, as well as eliminating Scizor after Stealth Rock damage. Crunch can be used to 2HKO Celebi after some residual damage, and providing a more accurate attack to Psychic and Ghost-type threats. In addition, Aerodactyl can also find a niche on Stall teams. While this may not seem plausible, Aerodactyl checks common threats to Stall teams, such as Infernape, Gliscor, (well, not really...earlier the analysis said Gliscor needed bait counters, and smart ShoddyBattle players will switch out to remove Stone Edge PP) Taunt Heatran, Lucario, Scarf Tyranitar, and Mixed Salamence.</p>

Although a tiny detail, I think it said be said that Pressure be the preferred ability to use, mainly to deplete PP while Roosting and such.

undisput3d: ok, good edits. I was not aware of the non-capitalization of "super effective." Also, with the formatting in regards to placement of paragraphs, I'm going to leave it as Towelie had it. It went a couple weeks without the issue arising, so I'm sure its optional at the very least, and I would prefer to only make necessary changes. Also, Gliscor is pretty much beaten by Aerodactyl, as I could see many players hoping to wall it with Gliscors high defense, only to be shut down by Taunt and unable to even touch Aero.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
[SET]
name: Life Orb
move 1: Stone Edge
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Roost
move 4: Taunt
item: Life Orb
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With great coverage in only two attacking moves, blistering speed, and access to Roost and Taunt to beat stall teams, Aerodactyl finds a great niche on offensive teams outside of the lead spot. Stone Edge is the primary STAB move and deals a lot of damage to Pokemon who do not resist it. Earthquake completes the infamous EdgeQuake combo which is only resisted by few Pokemon in the game. Roost alleviates his Flying weakness the weaknesses given by Aerodactyl’s Flying typing, as well as letting him heal up on weak Special Attacks, like Blissey’s Ice Beam. With max Speed, Aerodactyl outspeeds every non-boosted Pokemon in the metagame, bar Jolteon, Crobat, and Ninjask, all of whom are hit for super effective damage with the two moves provided.<p>

<p>Tyranitar and Magnezone are two great partners for Aerodactyl. Tyranitar provides sandstorm which increases Aerodactyl’s Special Defense and makes him one of the best Heatran switch-ins in the game. Tyranitar can also lure some of Aerodactyl’s counters with a bait set, including Gliscor, Bronzong, and Breloom. Magnezone traps pesky Steel-types who get in Aerodactyl’s way, like Choice Scarf Jirachi and Scizor. Pokemon who resist the EdgeQuake combination, like Breloom, Flygon, and Bronzong are great counters to this set. Faster Choice Scarf users cannot switch in without taking a large chunk of damage, but can easily revenge Aerodactyl.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Entry hazards and hard-hitting Pokemon are extremely beneficial when attempting to clean-up with Aerodactyl. Stealth Rocks in particular, help Aerodactyl get the guaranteed KO on Pokemon like Salamence and bulky Gyarados after Intimidate. Because Aerodactyl doesn't hit extremely hard, having powerful attackers like Mixed Salamence helps Aerodactyl break down bulky walls, such as Hippowdon, Celebi, and Swampert, to name a few.</p>

<p>Fire Blast and Crunch are potential replacements for Taunt if you want to hurt offensive teams rather than stall-oriented teams. Even with a hindering nature, Fire Blast OHKOes physically defensive Forretress 100% of the time, as well as eliminating Scizor after Stealth Rock damage. Crunch can be used to 2HKO Celebi after some residual damage, and provides a more accurate attack to deal with Psychic- and Ghost-type threats. In addition, Aerodactyl can also find a niche on Stall teams. While this may not seem plausible, Aerodactyl checks common threats to Stall teams, such as Infernape, Gliscor, Taunt Heatran, Lucario, Scarf Tyranitar, and Mixed Salamence.</p>
Nice work. Changes are in bold, and removals in red.

GP Check 1/2

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
pink is grammar edits
blue is prose edits

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With great coverage in only two attacking moves, blistering Speed, and access to Roost and Taunt to beat stall teams, Aerodactyl finds a great niche on offensive teams outside of the lead spot. Stone Edge is the primary STAB move and deals a lot of damage to Pokemon who do not resist it. Earthquake completes the infamous EdgeQuake combo which is only resisted by few Pokemon in the game. Roost alleviates the weaknesses given by Aerodactyl's Flying typing, as well as letting him heal up on weak special attacks, like Blissey's Ice Beam. With max Speed, Aerodactyl outspeeds every non-boosted Pokemon in the metagame, bar Jolteon, Crobat, and Ninjask, all of whom are hit for super effective damage with the two moves provided.</p>

<p>Tyranitar and Magnezone are two great partners for Aerodactyl. Tyranitar provides sandstorm which increases Aerodactyl's Special Defense and makes him one of the best Heatran switch-ins in the game. Tyranitar can also lure some of Aerodactyl's counters with a bait set, including Gliscor, Bronzong, and Breloom. Magnezone traps pesky Steel-types who get in Aerodactyl's way, like Choice Scarf Jirachi and Scizor. Pokemon who resist the EdgeQuake combination, like Breloom, Flygon, and Bronzong, are great counters to this set. Faster Choice Scarf users, such as Rotom-A, cannot switch in without taking a large chunk of damage, but can easily revenge kill Aerodactyl.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Entry hazards and hard-hitting Pokemon are extremely beneficial when attempting to clean up with Aerodactyl. Stealth Rock in particular helps Aerodactyl get the guaranteed KO on Pokemon like Salamence and bulky Gyarados after Intimidate. Because Aerodactyl doesn't hit extremely hard, having powerful attackers like Mixed Salamence helps Aerodactyl break down bulky walls, such as Hippowdon, Celebi, and Swampert.</p>

<p>Fire Blast and Crunch are potential replacements for Taunt if you want to hurt offensive teams rather than stall-oriented teams. Even with a hindering nature, Fire Blast OHKOes physically defensive Forretress 100% of the time, as well as eliminating Scizor after Stealth Rock damage. Crunch can be used to 2HKO Celebi after some residual damage, and provides a more accurate attack to deal with Psychic- and Ghost-type threats, particularly Rotom-A. In addition, Aerodactyl can find a niche on stall teams. While this may not seem plausible, Aerodactyl checks common threats to stall teams, such as Infernape, Gliscor, Taunt Heatran, Lucario, Scarf Tyranitar, and Mixed Salamence.</p>

Nice job; I really like this set btw ^_^

Grammar-Prose Check 2/2:
orange for prose edits
blue for spelling/grammar edits
comments in green
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With great coverage in only two attacking moves, blistering Speed, and access to Roost and Taunt to beat stall teams, Aerodactyl finds a great niche on offensive teams outside of the lead spot. Stone Edge is Aerodactyl's primary STAB move and deals a lot of damage to Pokemon who do not resist it. Earthquake completes the infamous EdgeQuake combo, which provides fantastic type coverage. Roost alleviates the weaknesses given by Aerodactyl's Flying typing, as well as letting him heal up on weak special attacks, like Blissey's Ice Beam. With max Speed, Aerodactyl outspeeds every non-boosted Pokemon in the metagame, bar Jolteon, Crobat, and Ninjask, all of whom are hit for super effective damage with the two moves provided.</p>

<p>Tyranitar and Magnezone are two great partners for Aerodactyl. Tyranitar provides sandstorm, [comma added] which increases Aerodactyl's Special Defense and makes him one of the best Heatran switch-ins in the game. Tyranitar can also lure some of Aerodactyl's counters with a bait set, including Gliscor, Bronzong, and Breloom. Magnezone traps pesky Steel-types who get in Aerodactyl's way, like Choice Scarf Jirachi and Scizor. Pokemon who resist the EdgeQuake combination, like Breloom, Flygon, and Bronzong, are great counters to this set. Faster Choice Scarf users, such as Rotom-A, cannot switch in without taking a large chunk of damage, but can easily revenge kill Aerodactyl.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Entry hazards and hard-hitting Pokemon are extremely beneficial when attempting to clean up with Aerodactyl. In particular, Stealth Rock helps Aerodactyl get the guaranteed KO on bulky Gyarados after Intimidate. Because Aerodactyl doesn't hit extremely hard, having powerful attackers like Mixed Dragonite on his side helps Aerodactyl break down bulky walls, such as Hippowdon, Celebi, and Swampert.</p>

<p>Fire Blast and Crunch are potential replacements for Taunt if you want to hurt offensive teams rather than stall-oriented teams. Even with a hindering nature, Fire Blast OHKOes physically defensive Forretress 100% of the time, as well as eliminating Scizor after Stealth Rock damage. Crunch can be used to 2HKO Celebi after some residual damage, and provides a more accurate attack to deal with Psychic- and Ghost-type threats, particularly Rotom-A. In addition, Aerodactyl can find a niche on stall teams. While this may not seem plausible, Aerodactyl checks common threats to stall teams, such as Infernape, Gliscor, Taunt Heatran, Lucario, Scarf Tyranitar, and Mixed Salamence.</p>
Only one grammar error, few issues with prose. Once my changes are implemented, you can PM a mod to have this uploaded.

EDIT: removed all mentions of Salamence

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/aerodactyl

current analysis ^

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With great coverage in only two attacking moves, blistering Speed, and access to Roost and Taunt to beat stall teams, Aerodactyl finds a great niche on offensive teams outside of the lead spot. Stone Edge is the primary STAB move and deals a lot of damage to Pokemon who do not resist it. Earthquake completes the infamous EdgeQuake combo which is only resisted by few Pokemon in the game. Roost alleviates the weaknesses given by Aerodactyl's Flying typing, as well as letting him heal up on weak special attacks, like Blissey's Ice Beam. With max Speed, Aerodactyl outspeeds every non-boosted Pokemon in the OU metagame, bar Jolteon, Crobat, and Ninjask, all of whom are hit for super effective damage with either Earthquake or Stone Edge. with the two moves provided.</p>

<p>Tyranitar and Magnezone are two great partners for Aerodactyl. Tyranitar provides sandstorm which increases Aerodactyl's Special Defense and makes him one of the best Heatran switch-ins in the game. Tyranitar can also lure some of Aerodactyl's counters with a bait set, including Gliscor, Bronzong, and Breloom. Magnezone traps pesky Steel-types who get in Aerodactyl's way, like Choice Scarf Jirachi and Scizor. Pokemon who resist the EdgeQuake combination, like Breloom, Flygon, and Bronzong, are great counters to this set. Faster Choice Scarf users, such as Rotom-A, cannot switch in without taking a large chunk of damage, but can easily revenge kill Aerodactyl.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Entry hazards and hard-hitting Pokemon are extremely beneficial when attempting to clean up with Aerodactyl. Stealth Rock in particular helps Aerodactyl get the guaranteed KO on Pokemon like Salamence and bulkyGyarados after Intimidate. Because Aerodactyl doesn't hit extremely hard, having powerful attackers like Mixed Salamence helps Aerodactyl break down bulky walls, such as Hippowdon, Celebi, and Swampert.</p>

I removed all mentions of salamence, as it is now uber. Also, some of the grammer seems sort of awkward.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Heatran makes an excellent partner for aerodactyl IMHO. With bronzong and scizor running around you need something that can reliably tank those steel moves and heatran is PERFECT for the job. Swampert also makes a good partner, as he can take steel, rock, and electric type attacks, all of which will cause huge problems for aerodactyl. Overall, I think this is a very good set, but it's walled too easily by swampert, hippowdon, bronzong, etc.

<&whistle> yo phillio
<&whistle> would you object to me puttin that nig lo aero on site
<~Philip7086> nope
<~Philip7086> just make sure to read it over n shit

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With great coverage in only two attacking moves, blistering Speed, and access to Roost and Taunt to beat stall teams, Aerodactyl finds a great niche on offensive teams outside of the lead spot. Stone Edge is Aerodactyl's primary STAB move and deals a lot of damage to Pokemon who do not resist it. Earthquake completes the infamous EdgeQuake combo, which provides fantastic type coverage. Roost alleviates the weaknesses given by Aerodactyl's Flying typing, and lets him heal against weak special attacks like Blissey's Ice Beam. With max Speed, Aerodactyl outspeeds every non-boosted Pokemon in the metagame bar Jolteon, Crobat, and Ninjask, all of whom are hit for super effective damage with the two moves provided.</p>

<p>Tyranitar and Magnezone are two great partners for Aerodactyl. Tyranitar provides sandstorm, which increases Aerodactyl's Special Defense and makes him one of the best Heatran switch-ins in the game. Tyranitar can also lure some of Aerodactyl's counters with a bait set, including Gliscor, Bronzong, and Breloom. Magnezone traps pesky Steel-types who get in Aerodactyl's way, like Choice Scarf Jirachi and Scizor. Pokemon who resist the EdgeQuake combination, like Breloom, Flygon, and Bronzong, are great counters to this set. Faster Choice Scarf users, such as Rotom-A, cannot switch in without losing a large chunk of health, but can easily revenge kill Aerodactyl.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Entry hazards and hard-hitting Pokemon are extremely beneficial when attempting to clean up with Aerodactyl. In particular, Stealth Rock helps Aerodactyl get the guaranteed KO on bulky Gyarados after Intimidate. Because Aerodactyl doesn't hit extremely hard, having powerful attackers like Mixed Dragonite on his side helps Aerodactyl break down bulky walls, such as Hippowdon, Celebi, and Swampert.</p>

<p>Fire Blast and Crunch are potential replacements for Taunt if you want to hurt offensive teams rather than stall-oriented teams. Even with a hindering nature, Fire Blast OHKOes physically defensive Forretress 100% of the time, as well as eliminating Scizor after Stealth Rock damage. Crunch can be used to 2HKO Celebi after some residual damage, and provides a more accurate attack to deal with Psychic- and Ghost-type threats, particularly Rotom-A. In addition, Aerodactyl can find a niche on stall teams. While this may not seem plausible at first glance due to Aerodactyl's horrible defenses, he checks many common threats to stall teams, such as Infernape, Gliscor, Taunt Heatran, Lucario, Scarf Tyranitar, and Mixed Dragonite.</p>

put on SCMS but the OP needs to be updated and this thread should be moved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)