Acid Rain

*4 out of 5
I played Pearl version I know my statistics are right
Technically if we're going by the percentage listed, then it would be 1 in 10, but everybody knows that fog instantly causes extraordinarily horrible luck.

Anyways, Leavanny seems cool here. With Chlorophyll, it's the fastest sticky web setter! Or, if you'd prefer some more bulk, it has Overcoat for that!

Leavanny @ Safety Goggles/Focus Sah
Ability: Chlorophyll/Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Magic Coat
- Knock Off
- Worry Seed

This set is pretty simple. Set up sticky web, bounce back hazards and taunt, and remove the foe's weather immunities with Knock Off and Worry Seed. While lacking much bulk and being weak to priority, Leavanny seems like an amazing utility pokemon in this meta.

Leavanny also benefits from Fire's reduced power and therefore reduced presence, though Flying will remain a popular type -and in fact may become more common due to Hurricane.

Re: Fog

A: The title of the thread is a clear reference to the 'acid rain' glitch from Gen IV, which did not involve Fog conditions.

B: Fog is not actually an interesting weather with interesting implications.

C: Adding randomness for the sake of randomness frustrates all players without adding anything to the experience.

and D: With Blizzard, Thunder, and Hurricane outright skipping accuracy checks they would just become even more over-centralizing than they may yet prove to be as-is.

A better question is if Acid Rain will be updated with the upcoming Primordial Sea, Desolate Land, and Delta Stream at any point. Primordial Sea and Desolate Land would mostly mean Fire and Water are completely useless, mind.

Hey don't worry, defog is here to save us.

Come on, this is a logical choice.
It's a logical choice if you don't know anything about Pokemon.

Wait did Defog even work on in-battle Fog? lol

Anyways, Leavanny should probably be using Sash Overcoat, since its bulk is shit and Pranksters still outspeed it regardless. The only thing is that you can't use Knock Off with Sticky Web >.<

I used Defog to clear Fog in Battle Revolution plenty.

Sash Overcoat would be nice just for confusing people who think Knock Off will doom it to die to weather.

The only thing is that you can't use Knock Off with Sticky Web >.<
You can't? That's too bad. :( Regardless, here's a different set to make up for that:

Leavanny @ Safety Goggles/Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll/Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Magic Coat
- Toxic
- Worry Seed

Basically the same idea. Toxic can wear down foes some extra, and Worry Seed can still cripple lots of pokemon. Overall, I think Leavanny is a really cool support mon, and I'm exited to use it once there's a ladder for this meta. seriously, somebody put this on a server already

what matters is that fog was a weather that had no use, and besides, we have new perfect-accuracy moves, plus the ability to remove all of the weathers for a period of time, which would make this an overall healthier meta.

Besides, if all metas were just predictions, and no luck, then there wouldn't be any joy in winning, it would be "of course, I had the advantage since turn (blahblahblah), so there was no way he could recover"
and whoever joined pokemon to say THAT?
I'm not adding fog, don't ask for it again. It does not exist this gen, and even if it did, it has never existed within competitive battling, and there is no way I woulld add such a luck based thing to the game for the point of having it. This metagame's idea is a mixture of sun / rain / hail / sandstorm, and fog will never happen. If you continue to talk about it I will ask moderators to take care of it.

So, to get discussion going, I'm going to try something. Given the large presence stall will have in this tier, what wallbreakers do youthink offense will be able to run? Personally, I like the look of Reuniclus / Clefable for being able to be immune to the passive damage, and not having to worry about things such as toxic. They are also both able to set up with calm mind to be able to sweep through teams with little effort.

Really, in general Overcoat Pokemon will see more use, and in turn Spore is going to be a lot less appealing, especially since no Spore user has any way to be immune to weather damage except Safety Goggles. (Poison Heal Breloom could be good, but Knock Off will probably be much more heavily used)

canno

formerly The Reptile
(Poison Heal Breloom could be good, but Knock Off will probably be much more heavily used)
tbh, the only real advantage I see in using Poison Heal Breloom over Safety Goggles Technician is if you really hate burns (which, honestly, is a legitimate reason to use Poison Heal over Tech Goggles), as Poison Heal would have the same effect as Safety Goggles due to Breloom not being immune to any of the weather damages.

Now Gliscor on the other hand gets pseudo-Leftovers thanks to its Ground-type and Poison Heal. You just need to dodge a Knock Off for a turn (maybe lead with it and protect?) and then you're golden.

Do you guys(particularly TheBurgerKing99) think it would be worth it to add the terrains to this.
Or would it just detract from the meta/not go with the point(being that they technically aren't weathers)

A sweeper/stallbreaker Alakazam could potentially be good
Alakazam @ LO/Leftovers/CS
Magic Guard
Psyshock
Taunt
Shadow Ball/Dazzling Gleam/Toxic/Trick
Dazzling Gleam/Shadow Ball/Toxic/Trick

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Or would it just detract from the meta/not go with the point(being that they technically aren't weathers)
They aren't weathers, so no.
With that being said, someone's now going to read this sentence and submit a meta with all of the terrains always active.

tbh, the only real advantage I see in using Poison Heal Breloom over Safety Goggles Technician is if you really hate burns (which, honestly, is a legitimate reason to use Poison Heal over Tech Goggles), as Poison Heal would have the same effect as Safety Goggles due to Breloom not being immune to any of the weather damages.
Poison Heal Breloom will be effectively immune to the weathers, and unlike Safety Goggles Knock Off will only make this untrue if they catch you before your Toxic Orb activates. Part of why Knock Off seems likely to be big is that Safety Goggles will tend to be too important for a lot of builds to pick a different item over it -and at that point Poison Heal Breloom being able to push through a Knock Off and not care about the weather becomes a big deal.

More thoughts: Life Orb is likely to be a really, really bad item. (Except maybe for Mamoswine and Aurorus, who are immune to weather damage anyway) Flame Orb-Guts builds are likely to be untenable. In general, burn-out builds are risky, but especially if they involve an item commitment.

Thread revival! I was perusing older threads and read through this one. It's been almost a year since the last post, so there are ORAS mechanics to consider now. Thoughts on the Primals' weather abilities?
Also I think one of the best stallbreakers will be HydroRest Goodra

the moto for this om should be "some stay dry while others feel the pain" imo :^]

Also imo the primal abilities (primal sea, desolate land, delta stream) shouldnt be added since they werent around in the acid rain glitch (they would make 4x weak things pretty cool though, no weakness scizor that only takes hail damage? Mandibuzz with overcoat and barely any weakness'? Seems fun, just not true to the original acid rain (unless you can acid rain in oras)

Ps you can still play this on aqua right?

Yeah, the primal abilities are a bad idea. It would make the whole Flying type broken, especially Zapdos and Tornadus.

Beartic might actually be good, as it is the only user of Swift Swim that doesn't lose out a bit on one of its STABs, and nice coverage in Play Rough.

Tangela and Tangrowth are, due to based Recover, the only good users of Leaf Guard, and said ability makes them pretty hard to break.

Magic Guard is now pretty much the only option for those who have it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)