a

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
thanks guys, it's always really rewarding to get feedback

i must resolve to keep at it and keep updating, and your post is particularly poignant xaq!!

so with that in mind i'm making a to do list here for my own reference and i'll try to come through on everything, though i'm swamped with essays at the moment too. fuck essays

anyway:

vileplume for gen
toucan for gen
lotad avatar redux
more zelda art! (skull kid for scicky)
crystal onix for rodan
suicune
finish up hauuuuge team picture (like this will ever happen)
squid for xaq

in the meantime

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
arcaniiiiine

you're certainly improving on giving your own character to mons

<

Agreeing with Fishy! And I actually requested a creeper but now I'm not sure if I want a squid or a creeper now! You sneaky az, you.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hello it is me, lazyartist1313

three mons i did for the front page revamp:

okay thanks bye

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello lazyartist###

I like your use of white highlights, it's very interesting. I don't think it works too well on Darmanitan though. The shading on Reuniclus's right arm is pretty square and the body is pretty strange, but that doesn't stop it from being really good!

Stop being lazy.

az are you going to submit anything for the new cap art? your tanuki ninja was boss and had my vote.

also; v cool fire-lamp-mon thing !

AWESOME art. The Milotic/Gyarados look like theyre having an orgy or something :P
The Voltorb is hilarious, and if you make anohter one you should make it spam Thunder against a crowd of people :P

az

toddmoding
Hello lazyartist###

I like your use of white highlights, it's very interesting. I don't think it works too well on Darmanitan though. The shading on Reuniclus's right arm is pretty square and the body is pretty strange, but that doesn't stop it from being really good!

Stop being lazy.
thanks!

what do you find strange about the body?

az are you going to submit anything for the new cap art? your tanuki ninja was boss and had my vote.

also; v cool fire-lamp-mon thing !
haha, thankyou very much for your support

i intended to, and i have some ideas that i think would be really cool. but i have had a lot going on, and it seems there are more entries this time around than ever before

we'll see!

Alchemator

I'm using this pic as a guideline.

The arms in your piece seem more connected to the head, giving the impression of a fat neck. I think its back is also not pointed in the way that you have done it - the body of a Reuniclus is more like a kitten (sorry, that's the closest comparison I can make heh). I also think that the red could be a bit more saturated.

Don't get me wrong though, I really like it!

az

toddmoding
i'm really not sure what you mean by reuniclus being like a kitten, haha; you won't think he's quite so cute when you see what he's based on...

i don't see that the arms of my reuniclus are any more or less attached to the body than in sugimori's art... you might be being fooled by the fact that the "body" in my depiction is in the background and the arms are to the fore, so they are raised towards us, maybe the foreshortening is messing with things? idk

the red is pretty desat, yeah, but this image is intended to be smogon's "green" image, and considering how red pops more than anything else i didn't wanna overdo it

Alchemator

i'm really not sure what you mean by reuniclus being like a kitten, haha; you won't think he's quite so cute when you see what he's based on...
Heh that's strange, but also kinda cool. With the kitten comparison I meant the way Reuniclus' body is suspended within the jelly(?) compared to the pose of a kitten on its back.

Swaggersaurus said:
i don't see that the arms of my reuniclus are any more or less attached to the body than in sugimori's art... you might be being fooled by the fact that the "body" in my depiction is in the background and the arms are to the fore, so they are raised towards us, maybe the foreshortening is messing with things? idk
I know your intention, but that's only after I've taken a few glances. I'm more talking about the arms being attached to the underside of the head, whereas I think it would look better if the arms weren't near the head, as it wouldn't give such an impression.

Swaggersaurus said:
the red is pretty desat, yeah, but this image is intended to be smogon's "green" image, and considering how red pops more than anything else i didn't wanna overdo it
Can't argue with that.

az

toddmoding
i have to confess i basically had to cobble my idea of what reuniclus looked like from the sparse sources and did my best; if things are off, it just goes to show how poorly i understood the design

thanks for the feedback alch

Alchemator

i have to confess i basically had to cobble my idea of what reuniclus looked like from the sparse sources and did my best; if things are off, it just goes to show how poorly i understood the design
:(

I really do like it, I'm just being nitpicky!

az

toddmoding
no man, i like nitpicking! nitpicking is good; i wouldn't have asked you if i didn't want to know!

az

toddmoding

exams are done, will start on that list of requests tomorrow

Last edited:

az

toddmoding
thanks!

best dog

so i had a vileplume on my list, and ended up with this:

and i was like hey that's the most boring thing of all time!!!

so i did this:

Alchemator

You fell into my carefully-planned trap of getting you to post more art!
Well, it wasn't quite like that but whatever, all's well that ends well.

Now, please colour that Suicune! From what I've seen here it's a notoriously difficult mon to draw, but you've pulled it off. As for that creepy new style, a classic Golbat wouldn't go amiss. I understand that you're tackling quite a lengthy list there though.

I dunno, Alch, that Suicune look so cool to me as it's not colored. Though finishing it a bit more might be nice yeah!

Dem Vileplumes are great too, but I like the spread eagle Vileplume more than the "interesting" one haha.

holy fuck I love your black and white vileplume. I always felt that nigga should be part dark. Also your Chandelure is easily the best one I've ever seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)