A Walk in the Park [Ubers RMT]

Hello Smogon, I have been working with the Uber metagame lately and I have created a fairly decent team. I've been working with this for several months and now I have decided to make it public and get some help on a few things. Please note, this team has been used on Wi-Fi only, not Shoddy Battle.

Team Preview
|
|
|
|
|

Team In-Depth

Groudon @ Leftovers
Adamant - Drought
252 HP / 156 Atk / 35 Def / 8 Spe / 60 SpD
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Groudon as a lead is no surprise to most of you, I'm sure. This gets the sun up first thing, and also gives me a way to rocks up quickly. In the event that my opponent uses Kyogre as a leader, I end up getting the sun due to Groudon being slower. I haven't experienced a Kyogre slower than Groudon in any of my testing. I have a way to remove the Kyogre too, later in the RMT. Roar allows me to get rid of set up leads, like shedinja or ninjask. Earthquake is my primary attack being STAB'd and Dragon Claw is often used late-game to get rid of the oh-so-many dragons in the Uber metagame.

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Jolly - Chlorophyll
188 Def / 252 Spe / 68 SpD
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Sleep Powder

This is my favorite pokemon to use on this team, and in Ubers in general. No one expects to see a NU pokemon used in Ubers (except those that use one themselves). I almost always Sleep Powder as soon as Jumpluff is out and then I set up the Sub next turn. I'll then set up the Leech Seed to sap away my opponent's health in what is usually a long stall war. I can encore as a time passer if it's time to use another one of my moves yet. I can always take out at least one, and usually two, of my opponents pokemon with Jumpluff's stalling alone.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Calm - Shadow Tag
20 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Tickle

Add Wobbuffet's guaranteed 1 KO with Jumpluff's average of 2 KOs, and I have half of my opponent's team gone and out of the way! Everyone knows how Wobbuffet works. Encore/Tickle if you don't think they'll attack, and Counter/Mirror Coat to bounce any attack thrown at you. As wonderful as Wobbuffet is though, I'm not really sure it fits into my team. It's probably the "weakest link" of this team. I'm considering putting some sort of Ho-oh in here, but I'm not sure what. Let me know what you guys think.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Hasty - Pressure
252 Spe / 252 SpA / 6 Atk
- Surf
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

This is my Kyogre Counter. When my opponent has Kyogre, I will bring in Palkia to get rid of it and then bring back out Groudon to revive the sun. It may seem weird having Palkia on a sun team, but if it's countering Kyogre, it's going to be getting it's needed rain boost for Thunder, so that's awesome. Palkia is probably my second favorite pokemon to use on this team, after Jumpluff of course.

Forretress @ Shed Shell
Relaxed - Sturdy
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk
- Toxic Spikes
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

This guy sets up for Jumpluff's show. If I can get Toxic Spikes (I usually at least get 1, sometimes 2, layers), then Jumpluff can stall so much easier with my opponent poisoned (Pluff will sleep any flyers and levitaters). Rapid Spin, of course, is to get rid of hazards my opponent might be trying to pull on me. Earthquake to avoid being forced to explode by taunters, and then Explosion to get rid of a weak pokemon once Forretress has done his job.

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Naive - Levitate
248 Atk / 196 Spe / 64 SpA
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Outrage
- Shadow Sneak
- Draco Meteor

This is sort of my revenge killer, I guess. Hidden Power Fire can take care of Scizors that might have gotten lost on their way to OU-land and opposing Forretress setting up on me. Outrage is perfect for STAB and can wipe out oh-so-many of my opponent's team. Shadow Sneak for priority attacking/revenge killing. Fly for scouting and another attacking move. Giratina-O is also my spin blocker, which I definitely need.

Changes in Bold.

A Final Look
|
|
|
|
|

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
A few words of note before I begin a full rate:
- Aqua Jet Palkia doesn't exist legitimately. If this is what you used on WiFi, then I will lock the thread. Otherwise, I request that you fix it
- There is no reason to use Fly on Giratina-O over say, Draco Meteor
- Why would you use Tickle on Wobbuffet, and no Pursuiters?

Yeah, I'd scrap Fly and replace it to Draco Meteor as Jibaku advised. Ever considered using a Scizor?

Here's a convenient set;

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant - Technician
176 HP / 100 Atk / 232 SpD
Pursuit
U-turn
Bullet Punch
Roost

It's essentially one of the best pursuit users there are, self proclaimed of course. But it gets the job done. Pretty self explanatory moves. Roost to heal from Life Orb and entry hazard damage.

i think a lati@s would work better than palkia in this team, since your not reliant on thunder, and they also make great switchins to kyogre. i think a boosting sweeper latios would make more sense though, since this team is kinda offensive

Aqua Jet Palkia? Fire Blast wouldnt be a bad idea on Palkia considering you use the sun and not Rain.
If you insist on keeping a move like Fly, at least use Shadow Force on G-O, which hits really hard. Or Draco Meteor like the others have suggested.

I changed Aqua Jet > Fire Blast on Palkia.
I'll look into a Lati@s on the team, perhaps in place of Wobbuffet?
I changed Fly > Draco Meteor on Giratina-O.
I'll look into a Scizor on the team, not too sure about it though.

Thanks for the rates.

you can probably make room for Latias in place of Palkia, seeing as it can probably do everything better, including counterung just about every version of Kyogre (Palkia loses to CM rest) and Wobbufett can revenge any choiced ogre not stuck on surf or WS. Actually you could probably fit HP fire on it for things like Scizor and Forry switching in and act as a lure so its easier for Giratina to clean up later and spam Draco Meteor a bit easier. It also serves as a decent check to Shaymin-S, even though its p. rare, seeing as you cant seed it with Jumpluff o3o.

Make sure you keep Groudon alive till late game though, keep him healthy. A lot of players will just sacrifice him early on after SR is up. Its your only check to SD and DD Ray. Also whats with the uneven 35 evs on Groudon?

you can probably make room for Latias in place of Palkia, seeing as it can probably do everything better, including counterung just about every version of Kyogre (Palkia loses to CM rest) and Wobbufett can revenge any choiced ogre not stuck on surf or WS. Actually you could probably fit HP fire on it for things like Scizor and Forry switching in and act as a lure so its easier for Giratina to clean up later and spam Draco Meteor a bit easier. It also serves as a decent check to Shaymin-S, even though its p. rare, seeing as you cant seed it with Jumpluff o3o.

Make sure you keep Groudon alive till late game though, keep him healthy. A lot of players will just sacrifice him early on after SR is up. Its your only check to SD and DD Ray. Also whats with the uneven 35 evs on Groudon?
I like the idea of Latias, I'll look into it. Thanks.

The 35 EVs might be a typo, not really sure. I just copied it from my notepad version of the team, and I wrote that hurriedly, lol. It's close though. =P

Thanks for the rate.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is this the team that played TheKillerNacho on Youtube?? If so, you should realise that DD Rayquaza sweeps this team after a boost. I recommend that you put Choice Scarf on Palkia to revenge Rayquaza.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51300

groudon/wobbuffet/jumpluff at it's finest
you could use this thread for reference at least
Cool.

Is this the team that played TheKillerNacho on Youtube?? If so, you should realise that DD Rayquaza sweeps this team after a boost. I recommend that you put Choice Scarf on Palkia to revenge Rayquaza.
Yes, this was the team used, and I was the one using it.
I like the idea of Scarf Palkia, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)