A shadowtag clause?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i've just had the pleasure of dealing with a perish song shadow tag team, i wasn't running taunt so i was pretty much he stall walled me until perish song ended. switch out on the last turn into a new perish song shadow tag pokemon. why is this legal, i get i should run taunt but where was the counter play, why is this legal.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
We've discussed this before and come to the conclusion that while it might be obnoxious, it is not necessary. Learning to beat Perish Trap comes with time and experience, but once you have it the strategy is inconsistent to the point of near unplayability.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
You two ain't really funny nor helpful.

The main thing really is that PerishTrap is predictable if you know it's coming, and if you do know it's coming you can prepare yourself accordingly. You can usually make a play by swiftly going for a KO on the Perish Song pokemon and stop things from happening... there's also counterplay in Taunt too. Ghost-type Pokemon such as Aegislash and Gengar cant be trapped, the latter also boasting access to Taunt. Taunt stops Perish Song mons from actually getting it off but do note that teams like that often run some sort of counter-play.

PerishTrap isn't really broken. It takes out player interaction for sure, but it's not broken. If you play well, you'll usually come out with a W at the end of a match. It's a really predictable strategy that has simply been notorious for taking out the unaware; if you know it's coming, you'll usually be able to stop it. If you keep playing and still lose it, though, maybe you should think about your moves more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)