NOC a nice basic game of actual mafia - game over - won by the Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
@D1 Discussion: I'll open up a platform for us to discuss it once I write my thing over this weekend (unless someone else takes initiative ^^). I'm in a game right now where D1 was super impactful so I can use it as a good example, and use most smogon NOCs as the bad example ZING. It'd be cool to discuss at length considering what I've heard from some power players.

GJ host and I really appreciated the balance in this, stoked to watch it on MU ;) Felt balanced to me so would be down to play it again.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
oh hey game's over

i will try to get some flavor but i have other priorities, no promises

Whydon was lynched. He was vanilla town.
Congratulations to Da Letter El (the Mastermind), Josh (the Saboteur), and their dead teammates tropiusisbae and Aubisio for winning a nice, basic game of actual mafia!

might do a postgame??? depends on time. take the under on this one because it's unlikely but i'll see what i can do

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Aight time to give my post game.

Fuck Walrein for subbing me out for idleness despite me being active af in mafia teamchat and being idle was my legitimate best play since day 3 but besides that w/e.

Game was pretty intense (josh didn't do much of consequence when i was subbed out sorry D: since game was won since everyone was hard on former hope train by then and whydon/yourself was getting lynched and im 90% sure that even if we lost that coinflip DLE would get a myslynch after killing off shubaka.) more so due to the fact that mafia played really poorly with aubisio screaming scum and tropius also screaming scum and fucking HARD CLAIMING COP ON YOUR MAFIA TEAMMATE TO THROW OFF SUSPICION (WHICH IT DIDNT DO) which made my role a million times harder and made speaking impossible due to it being auto scumlike.

Overall as far as things were concerned. True mafia mvp's would be
DLE for being a literal god and no one calling him out on his shit and making it winnable. Without you we would've been fucked 100%.
Sandshrews for the get out of jail free card because on the day he got lynched, he had a hard read on 3/4 mafia members (with the last member not being suspected aubisio) and we were really fucked at that point and all suspicion was on DLE/myself/trop/aubisio. Sorry man but we had to lynch you :[ but you ensured we won the game since you didn't manage to gain enough traction to remove us and the go to town hiveminds (twin/shubaka) didn't trust your judgment latter on.

True village mvp's
tropius for selling out herself, myself and aubisio through her actions (lmao at hard cop claiming a mafia teammate).
king/blazade were also really good from my point of view in terms of their reads and how they played overall which made them a threat. I'll actually probably post a whole analysis when it's not 1am and i dont have to wake up early. so k thx. good shit to DLE for carrying mafia on his fucking back.

Last edited:

Haruno

Yeah, this game would've been harder for mafia if not for DLE. They might not have even won honestly
DLE 100% carried mafia since I couldn't keep up and he managed to keep suspicion off tropius/aubisio long enough despite seeming noob town/misplays and then lynching them to further solidify his towniness or whatnot which is interesting to me since from fucking day 1 everyone assumed he was either VT or mastermind and it seems worth risking the myslynch and killing DLE than not doing so since that's what ultimately cost the game for village since I feel village played reasonably well from everyone bar occasional bad plays that gave mafia huge breaks with the empoof/sandshrews myslynch since mafia were in a terrible spot in both of those respective days.

Haruno

no way lol. multiple people called him out. off the top of my head; twin, shrews (he had a scum read on the whole fucking mafia), empoof, and some other people.

edit: not called him out but outright say that he is either VT or mastermind and no other role.

I did

I retracted it, but I did I'm special

Note to future NOC players: After attempting to wildly throw myself on the knife I've come to the surprising(!) conclusion that it's not an optimal play. While this may need further testing, I would recommend all future villagers to not attempt to throw themselves on the knife. Knife throwing is dangerous.

how would this have helped? in day 4 i specifically brought up that play and said that what she did was so fucking retarded that it couldn't be a mafia play and it got some heat off me.
Considering all her other reads that were completely retarded and could only come from her knowing who each role was it would have made me go for josh before FH

groggy and cranky as all fuck today. Getting ready for work.

I'll be one of those players that "hasn't played with Haruno in NOC" (rip bulletproof). That OMGUS was just really bad reactions though, like hot damn.

Noticed I wasn't clarifying my reads as well as I wanted to:
haruno shubaka whydon - lean scum
King DLE are my only town reads, om room is null. DLE is VT or Mastermind but nothing else.
Everyone else is null with low post count or just empty responses (Aubiso/Jalmont). Would like Former Hope's responses to DLEs questions on page 3.
Empoof was the first to call out possible Dle Mastermind Page 5, I was wrong.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Aight time to give my post game.

Fuck Walrein for subbing me out for idleness despite me being active af in mafia teamchat and being idle was my legitimate best play since day 3 but besides that w/e.

Game was pretty intense (josh didn't do much of consequence when i was subbed out sorry D: since game was won since everyone was hard on former hope train by then and whydon/yourself was getting lynched and im 90% sure that even if we lost that coinflip DLE would get a myslynch after killing off shubaka.) more so due to the fact that mafia played really poorly with aubisio screaming scum and tropius also screaming scum and fucking HARD CLAIMING COP ON YOUR MAFIA TEAMMATE TO THROW OFF SUSPICION (WHICH IT DIDNT DO) which made my role a million times harder and made speaking impossible due to it being auto scumlike.

Overall as far as things were concerned. True mafia mvp's would be
DLE for being a literal god and no one calling him out on his shit and making it winnable. Without you we would've been fucked 100%.
Sandshrews for the get out of jail free card because on the day he got lynched, he had a hard read on 3/4 mafia members (with the last member not being suspected aubisio) and we were really fucked at that point and all suspicion was on DLE/myself/trop/aubisio. Sorry man but we had to lynch you :[ but you ensured we won the game since you didn't manage to gain enough traction to remove us and the go to town hiveminds (twin/shubaka) didn't trust your judgment latter on.

True village mvp's
tropius for selling out herself, myself and aubisio through her actions (lmao at hard cop claiming a mafia teammate).
king/blazade were also really good from my point of view in terms of their reads and how they played overall which made them a threat. I'll actually probably post a whole analysis when it's not 1am and i dont have to wake up early. so k thx. good shit to DLE for carrying mafia on his fucking back.
at the time i subbed you out you hadn't posted in scum chat for 2 full days

Haruno

oh right tropius mafia cleaned some villagers which again made no sense since trying to claim sandshrews was a brilliant town due to the sheet, empoof being the ideal town player, etc was all really questionable in itself. I don't feel josh putting himself really out there and trying to seem super town was that ideal but then again my whole village (and mafia) game is be as scummy as humanly possible rofl so I guess it worked out since josh could do literally any type of play and not really seem connected with my scum role. Idk how DLE would get lynched though since night 4/5 you/blazade were interchangeable as the biggest remaining threats and i don't think shubaka would've had enough sway to force the DLE lynch at that point but i digress.

DLE 100% carried mafia since I couldn't keep up and he managed to keep suspicion off tropius/aubisio long enough despite seeming noob town/misplays and then lynching them to further solidify his towniness or whatnot which is interesting to me since from fucking day 1 everyone assumed he was either VT or mastermind and it seems worth risking the myslynch and killing DLE than not doing so since that's what ultimately cost the game for village since I feel village played reasonably well from everyone bar occasional bad plays that gave mafia huge breaks with the empoof/sandshrews myslynch since mafia were in a terrible spot in both of those respective days.
Yeah the Empoof lynch was bad

Tbh I was willing to sac Sandshrewz (I'm sorry shrewz) because it made it easier for me to decide who to target n2, though this may have been a bad play for village as a whole. Admittedly I was only thinking of myself in that situation. But it's not like I was purposely lynching a townie, I really did think they were scum. I just figured that if they did flip town, I could target Aubisio

Aubisio only lived as long as he did because of the rapid lynch on tropius d3. I was suspicious of it, but it worked out, and it gave me another chance to find mafia. Unfortunately, I didn't, and I went into d4 knowing I was gonna die, so I made sure Aubisio got lynched

I wish I had been more vocal about my suspicion of DLE but idk if anyone would've listened to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)