A Cool Little Battle (LC Warstory)

Yes I've jumped on the Little Cup band wagon for this warstory.

By my standards its actual rather short, a humble contribution toward promoting this interesting metagame, and a "thank you" to those players kind enough to introduce me to it and make me aware of its foibles.

The boring stuff ...

Rules: Evasion Clause, Extended Game, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Timed Battle
All pokemon level 5.
No pokemon use leftovers

Italicised text = log
Normal font = commentary​

vs.

tentaintcool sent out Voltorb.
ODDish sent out Snover.
Snover's Snow Warning whipped up a hailstorm! Hail began to fall!

Yes I'm running a hail team, which apparently makes me a "Hail whore" as I was so charmingly referred to earlier today.

Ironically I loathe battling hail teams in standard play, however seeing as Little Cup is supposedly a fast paced game I was curious as to how a stallish team might play.

The opening exchange was rather dull. I attempted to hit Voltorb hard with Hidden Power: Ground only to be met by a levitating Bronzor.

Snover = 100%
Bronzor = 96% (Hail damage)​

+
vs.

ODDish switched in Houndour. ... just in time to be met with a Gyro Ball.
The hit was minor but now I'm faced with the decision of whether to go with the incredibly obvious fire attack, or predict tenta will switch and so go with Dark Pulse? Unfortunately I chose the latter ...​

Houndour used Dark Pulse. Bronzor lost 40% of its health.
Bronzor used Earthquake. It's super effective!
Houndour lost 77% of its health.
ODDish's Houndour fainted.

Bronzor = 48%
Houndoom = 0%
6-5 tentaintcool

Well there goes my Bronzor "counter" ... time to invest in a Magnemite methinks. ODDish switched in Tentacool mainly because I have no other choice, what with the rest of my team being weak to STAB Gyro Ball. (Yes its an incredibly poorly constructed team yet somehow its wins are triple that of its losses). Usually 'Cool's main role is to set up Toxic Spikes, making the stalling much easier, but alas with Zong Jr. packing Earthquake I have to go on the offence, with Surf doing enough damage to ... activate its Oran Berry.​

In the meantime Bronzor leisurely sets up Stealth Rock.​

Round two Surf ... fails to KO, whilst Bronzor's Earthquake does enough damage to activate my own Oran Berry. Thankfully ...​

Bronzor is pelted by hail! Bronzor lost 4% of its health.
tentaintcool's Bronzor fainted.

Tentacool = 71%
Bronzor = 0%
5-5 All Even

+
vs.

tentaintcool switched in Teddiursa.

Don't let its cute looks fool you. Teddiursa is a monster that will savagely maul you before the word "aah" escapes your lips ...​

Rather than using its last moments to do something useful like get a layer of Toxic Spikes down, for reasons beyond me I decide to waste the turn attempting to Surf it. Teddi, of course, Protects, activating its Toxic Orb, ready for the Quick Feet + Façade related carnage.​

The next turn Tentacool is fishbait.​

Teddiursa used Facade.
Tentacool lost 123% of its health.
ODDish's Tentacool fainted.

Teddiursa = 88% (Hail + Toxic Orb damage)
Tentacool = 0%
5-4 tentaintcool

ODDish switched in Swinub.

My own little cutey … CB Swinub has ripped apart entire teams for me. Alas in this instance its contribution is minor, serving as a play toy for Teddi to rip apart.​

Swinub used Ice Shard. Teddiursa lost 42% of its health.
Teddiursa used Facade. Swinub lost 135% of its health.
ODDish's Swinub fainted.
Teddiursa is pelted by hail! Teddiursa lost 4% of its health.
Teddiursa is hurt by poison! Teddiursa lost 8% of its health.

Teddiursa = 34%
Swinub = 0%
5-3 tentaintcool

The only upside to Swinub’s swift departure is that the bear is starting to run dangerously low on health making it easy picking for another Ice Shard … sadly tentaintcool figures as much.​

+
vs.
+

ODDish switched in Snorunt.
Pointed stones dug into Snorunt. Snorunt lost 22% of its health.
tentaintcool switched in Psyduck.

So my Ice Shard is met by the mentally challenged Psyduck, who Snorunt won't be able to defeat short of SelfDestructing.​

Unfortunately the remainder of my team all take hefty damage from Stealth Rock so I could do without switching. Still as Snover is my only means of eliminating Psyduck a switch was necessary, and so the rather phallic plant braved both rocks and a nasty Cross Chop, which left it in, but pretty much dead.​

As it turns out both pokemon were scarfed, but guess who was faster …​

Psyduck used Cross Chop. Psyduck's attack missed!
Snover used Energy Ball. It's super effective!
Psyduck lost 152% of its health.
tentaintcool's Psyduck fainted.

Snover = 4%
Psyduck = 0%
4-3 tentaintcool

For once a low accuracy move actually worked in my favour. Sometimes Power > Accuracy isn't always the best option ... still things aren't exactly rosey as tentaintcool switched in Diglett. Whilst tentaintcool doesn't know for certain Snover's scarved (although he probably guessed) the fact that he's switched Diggy in is clear indication that he knows he can secure the kill with Sucker Punch

Still Snover is locked into Energy Ball and trapped as …

Next turn
Diglett used Sucker Punch. Snover lost 35% of its health.
ODDish's Snover fainted.

Snover =0%
Diglet = 94
4-2 tentaintcool

vs.

ODDish switched in Snorunt.
Pointed stones dug into Snorunt. Snorunt lost 22% of its health.

tentaintcool switched in Voltorb

Snorunt used Ice Shard. Voltorb lost 29% of its health.
Voltorb is pelted by hail! Voltorb lost 5% of its health.
Snorunt absorbed the hail! Snorunt restored 4% of its health.

Snorunt = 58%
Voltorb = 66%

Snorunt is running Ice Body to abuse the weather for some extra healing (to quote a certain supermarket “Every little helps”), so next round I start with the stall and Protect.

Snorunt = 62%
Voltorb = 61%

Fearful that Protect won’t work a second time I’m forced to go on the offensive, although I use the term lightly, as for some inexplicable reason I thought this thing might act like a mini-Walrein so I'd invested in defensive EV's both HP, Def and SpD. Which would be great ... had I got some Toxic Spikes down. Voltorb hit far harder than I expected its Thunderbolt leaving me with exactly 1% health, activating my Oran Berry, and letting the ‘runt to fight another round.

Snorunt = 48%
Voltorb = 13%

Between Ice Shard, Hail and that Life Orb damage Voltorb wasn’t looking to healthy, however rather than putting it out of its misery I decide to abuse Ice Body a bit more (Protect), before finally …

Snorunt used Ice Shard.
Voltorb lost 33% of its health.
tentaintcool's Voltorb fainted.
Snorunt absorbed the hail! Snorunt restored 4% of its health.

Snorunt = 56%
Voltorb = 0%
3-2 tentaintcool

vs.

tentaintcool switched in Teddiursa.

The bear is back, but not for long as Ice Shard is enough to finish the injured Ursine (not before another free healing session though).​

Snorunt = 64%
Teddiursa = 0%
2-2 ALL EVEN

vs.

tentaintcool switched in Murkrow.

*cries*… Murkrow, one of the pre-eminent forces of Little Cup. Whilst I could Ice Shard it straight off the bat, I won't 1hko not that it would matter seeing as its likely to sucker punch me into oblivion in any event.

Let the prediction war begin …

(I apologise in advance for the rather poor formatting choice here, it just seems the easiest way given what's involved)

Round 1.
Snorunt = Protect Murkrow = Sucker Punch
Snorunt = 68% Murkrow = 96% (Hail damage)

Round 2.
Snowrunt = Spikes Murkrow = Sucker Punch
Snorunt = 72% Murkrow = 92% (Hail damage)

Round 3.
Snowrunt = Protect Murkrow = Hidden Power (fighting?)
Snorunt = 76% Murkrow = 88% (Hail damage)

Round 4.
Murkrow' used Sucker Punch.
Snorunt lost 65% of its health.
Murkrow' lost 9% of its health (So its Life Orbed …)
Snorunt used Ice Shard.
It's super effective! Murkrow' lost 57% of its health.
Murkrow' is pelted by hail!
Snorunt absorbed the hail!

Snorunt = 15%
Murkrow = 18%

Round 5.
Snowrunt = Protect Murkrow = Pursuit.
Snorunt = 19% Murkrow = 14%

Round 6.
Snorunt = Spikes Murkrow = Sucker Punch
Snorunt = 23% Murkrow = 10%

Round 7.
Snowrunt = Protect Murkrow = Sucker Punch.
Snorunt = 27% Murkrow = 6%

Round 8
Snorunt used Protect. But it failed!
Murkrow' used Hidden Power.
It's super effective! Snorunt lost 70% of its health.
ODDish's Snorunt fainted.
Murkrow' lost 9% of its health.
tentaintcool's Murkrow' fainted.

Snorunt = 0%
Murkrow = 0%
1-1 ALL EVEN

Poor Snorunt's luck ran out … Protecting twice in a row was risky, but to be perfectly honest I didn't know what move to expect so there was little else to do.

Now it right down the wire …

vs.

tentaintcool switched in Diglett.
ODDish switched in Spheal.
Diglett was hurt by Spikes! Diglett lost 17% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Spheal. Spheal lost 23% of its health.

Lets see how well the real Stallrein Jr. holds up … First round (surprise, surprise) I opt for Protect … hoping that the health boost will help for what I believe will be the inevitable rock attack, only to find myself protecting against Earthquake. I'm not quite your sure why but I'll take it.

Spheal = 81%
Diglett = 73%

And so finally ...

Diglett used Earthquake.
Spheal lost 46% of its health.
Spheal used Surf.
It's super effective!
Diglett lost 144% of its health.
tentaintcool's Diglett fainted.
ODDish wins!

Much applause for …
Tentaintcool for a great match (well I enjoyed it even if no one else did)
Snorunt – for not living up to its name
Hail – courtesty of Snover

Much condemnation for …
Houndour & Tentacool – I really didn’t use either well.
Psyduck’s cross chop missing – it probably would have been a very different battle had it hit.

Anyhoo I’ve rambled on for long enough.

For more information on Little Cup visit The Little Cup Forum.

gg ODDish. I'm glad to see that you turned our battle into a great warstory.
That prediction war between Murkrow and Snorunt was so intense aswell, probably my favourite part of the battle.

Very good warstory. It is nice to see something new too. The little cup metagame is really quite cool.

Well played on both sides. The prediction war was great. This was a fantastic read.

Its was a nicely written warstory, very short too. I guess Little Cup is fast paced. I had to get use to the pictured showing the switch's you made that round, but was nice.

Well I was planning on trying LC out eventually so at least I know that Bronzor is really common there. Glad to see you found a metagame you finally enjoy. Good luck, and I hope you continue to make brilliant warstories.

You are a hail whore, don't forget that.
I didnt coin you that, but it fits.

Nice Job on the warstory though, I had one earlier where gliscor barely came back against kinglerdude. :/ Shouldve done something with that. LC needs MORE poplarity.

At first I got really confused at your format because it is one of few, but once I got adjusted, I enjoyed it!
Is there a reason that LC is becoming so popular?

Every time I see LC I think someone refers to me, cuz I'm often called LC >.>

And its a fun warstory. Little Cup is always fun.

IIRC, it was our battle where TriplePirate charmingly referred to you as a Hail Whore... Anyways, good battle and liked the format, easier to understand than most warstories. GOGO LC!

wow, good format for a good warstory. i like.
id try out little cup but im afraid i might get hooked
and im trying to limit my playing now.

no it was me that called him a hail whore...dont take my credit.

I faced that team and it was incredibly annoying with ice shards on every other pokemon :(, i liked the battle though, there was good play and it was close at the end.

Kira
Glad to see you found a metagame you finally enjoy. Good luck, and I hope you continue to make brilliant warstories.
Thank you ... I'm glad I found something too. More warstories are however unlikely, this was really just a thank you the Little Cup folks, I have no plans, and to be honest little inclination to return to regularaly producing material.

SkarmBlissCounter
no it was me that called him a hail whore
The community can blame you for my custom title then ...

eric the espeon
Could you possibly add a link to the forum or thread at the end?
Done.

To everyone else, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)