6th Gen: You are my sunshine.

I've always been playing emulated Pokemon and couldn't care less about WiFi Battling til Chlorophyll Venusaur came along and inspired me to get back into Pokemon.

This is my first time creating a team and I am still wondering how best to maximize the potential. I am also stuck with regards to my last team member and am tinkering around so would definitely appreciate some input.

I have had decent results so far, especially against other weather teams.

Team:
Ninetales
Goodra
Forretress
Venusaur
Volcarona
Sawsbuck(Tentative)

Ninetales @ Heat rock
Drought
Timid Nature
EVs: 252HP 120Def 136Spe
Fireblast
Solarbeam
Sunny day
Roar/Will-o-wisp

Is a sun team ever a sun team without a Ninetales? This EV spread was inspired by the Smogon page and allows for a decent bulk Ninetales with outspeeding potential.

Sunny Day is the counter to any potential weather inducer on the opponent's team with Solar Beam acting as a surprise if the opponent's weather inducer decides to stay in but whether or not Ninetales gets the 2HKO really depends on the opponent's set. Fire Blast is for that added omph to take out the popular steel walls.

Roar is to phaze out enemy pokemon and not to mention force them to take hazard damage.

Goodra @Assault Vest
Gooey
Sassy Nature
EVs: 252HP 98SpA 154Def
Dragon Tail
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Dragon Pulse

Goodra, the absolute beast of special wall/tank. Assault vest ensures him to have tons of SpD capable of taking any special attack thrown at him with the exception of Draco Meteors which are 2HKOs. Sassy nature boosts his already high SpD, ensuring he takes minimal damage.

The EV spread coupled with Gooey ability ensures that Goodra is able to take some form of physical abuse while setting up for an attack or sweeper by lowering the enemy's speed.

Thereby guaranteeing your sweeper to out speed or at least wearing the opponent down. Dragon tail works as a phaze to stop the enemy from setting up and abusing your bulk. That's not to say Goodra doesn't do any damage on the special attack side either especially with Sun up.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
EVs: 252HP 252SpD 4Def
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rocks
Spikes
Gyro ball/Volt Switch

Forretress is my hazard setter. He sets up the SRs and spikes to increase the chances of my sweepers being able to OHKO. He spins away hazards that may otherwise threaten my Volcarona or team. I usually run Gyroball just to deal some damage once he is close to death but am tinkering with Volt Switch to get free switch ins for sweep.

Volt Switch has worked better for me thus far but I need more testing to be sure.

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
EVs: 252SpA 252Spe 4HP
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Hidden Power Dragon
Sleep Powder

Of course, Venusaur. The whole reason why I started playing Pokemon again. Except this time he plays a different role from what I would have liked him to play. With the nerf to weather lasting only 5 turns or 8 with heat rock, I feel like playing Venusaur is still a huge danger.

The introduction of Mega Speed boost Blaziken, mega Charizards and Talonflames severely decreases the chances of a safe switch in or even surviving a hit considering that the above 3 are used very frequently.

Thus, my Venusaur has sadly been relegated to a pivotal support/sweeper whose main role is to keep the sun up and take out whoever he can. Sleep powder allows the leaf monster to set up Sunny Day and switch into a sweeper. Solar Beam for maximizing damage and HP dragon...well, we don't all have the patience of breeding perfect Bulbasaurs right?

At least he surprises the hell out of dragons who switch in to take a solar beam.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs: 144HP 160SpA 160Spe 44Def
Fire Blast
Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
Roost

One of the main sweepers of my team. This set was heavily inspired by Grimm70's Volcarona given how it could take some hits and set up all while out speeding major threats. I decided to give up some Def for SpA to get the guaranteed OHKO on most threats.

Roost allows Volcarona to take the SRs and set up with Quiver dances for a sweep.

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
EVs: 48HP 252Attk 216Spe
Horn Leech
Swords Dance
Nature Power
Swords Dance

The physical sweeper on the team. EV spread pretty much speaks for itself, switch in, survive SR and horn leech. Nature Power gives me coverage while Swords dance allows me to set up for a late game sweep.

Any thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)