5th Gen Revenge is a dish best served cold

Hello everyone, I'm here to present my team to get it rated(obviously).

I made this team with the metagame's top threats and tried to fit my team in a way so that I can easily take care of them.

Anyway, lets get started.

UPDATE

First off, my lead:

Thundurus @ Life Orb - Mischievous Heart
252 Sp.Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 Sp.Def - Timid
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Thunder Wave
-Focus Blast

I was having some trouble with bulky water types and Slowbro's HP Electric wasn't cutting it, so I switched Deoxys-S for Thundurus. He's being doing good. He hits like a truck, and easily 2HKOs almost every bulky water out there. Focus Blast allows him to 2HKo Ferrothorn which is pretty good since most people think this guy is completely walled by Ferrothorn.

Second, my sort-of Sweeper:

Chandelure @ Balloon - Flash Fire
252 Sp.Attack/ 252 Speed / 6 Defense - Modest
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Fighting
-Flame/Nitro Charge

I love this thing, so I just HAD to have it on my team.
It does great though, it can easily pull off a late-game sweep after
a Flame Charge and it just loves coming in on Fire attacks thrown at
my other team members.
The balloon allows me to check Heatran and it also checks +0 Excadrill since it takes a maximum of 91% from Adamant Exadrill's Rock Slide.
So assuming, there's no Stealth Rock, I have an extra check.
Even with Stealth Rock, Jolly Excadrill has a small chance to not kill me since its Rock Slide does 70.50% - 83.52% to Chandelure.
Hidden Power Fighting handily 2HKOs both Tyranitar and Heatran, which is nice after they've been weakened a bit.(Well, I can beat Heatran thanks to the balloon)

Next pokemon, my Ice-cold revenge killer:

Mamoswine @ Leftovers - Oblivious
252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP - Jolly
-Ice Shard
-Icicle Drop
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

I needed something to kill Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus, and dragons.
Who else but Mamoswine?
With his great attack stat and somewhat underestimated bulk, he was perfect for the job.
I didn't bother giving him a Choice Band or an Adamant nature because he still 2HKOs everything I need him to kill and the extra speed catches certain pokemon by surprise, like Tentacruel.

Now my Steel friend:

Scizor @ Choice Band -Technician
252 Attack/ 252 Sp.Defense/ 6 Defense - Careful
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Pursuit
-Superpower

Now I needed a check for Reuniclus and the Lati twins.
Scizor stood out.
Not only does specially defensive Scizor take 40% from Specs Latios' Draco Meteor, he also completely cripples Reuniclus with a Choice Band STAB U-turn.
Superpower allows him to OHKO Ferrothron while Bullet Punch is just overall great for revenge killing.
Just classic.

Next up, the aquatic terror:

Azumarill @ Choice Band - Huge Power
252 Attack / 252 HP/ 6 Defense - Adamant
-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Superpower

Now I needed a more reliable Excadrill check along with something that could kill Blaziken. Azumarill fit the job perfectly.
Aqua Jet coming from that huge attack stat is just great and severely dents Blaziken in the Sun, dealing around 60% damage which allows my other pokemon to kill him.
Waterfall is for those last stands where Aqua Jet isn't enough, Ice Punch is for a those Ice weak pokemon, where again, Aqua Jet isn't enough, and Superpower just murders Ferrothorns who think they can wall me.

Last, but not least, we have another aquatic monster:

Slowbro @ Leftovers - Regeneration
252 HP/ 252 Defense/ 6 Sp.Attack - Bold
-Surf
-Psychic
-Flamethrower
-Slack Off

I wanted something that could take care of Blaziken AND Conkeldurr, along with decent bulk. Who else, but Slowbro?
Slowbro can't OHKO Blaziken with so much investment in bulk, but Blaziken's +2 LO Shadow Claw doesn't OHKO back and Slowbro's Surf/Psychic leaves Blaziken in terrible shape.
Actually, Azumarill can come in after Slowbro nearly kills Blaziken and can finish him off since a +2 LO Shadow Claw hits Azumarill for 70.05% - 82.67%.
Okay, you might be asking yourself why I run Flamethrower.
It's simple, Flamethrower 2HKOs Ferrothorn which would otherwise wall me.

Well, that's my team.
Now here are some threats to it:

- Scizor

Believe or not, Scizor poses quite a threat to my team.
The only pokemon on my team that has a Fire move and ISN'T weak to his STAB moves is Chandelure, but it can only take 3 Bullet Punches before it bites the dust, so it has to come in for the revenge kill and if he uses Swords Dance, Chandelure is easily taking 60% damage.

- Celebi

Who would have thought? After a single Nasty Plot, this thing can run right through my team.
Everything that doesn't get killed by Giga Drain will get OHKO'd by Hidden Power Fire or Psycho Shock.
My best bet is to use Bullet Punch with Scizor and hope I can kill it with Mamoswine's Ice Shard.

-Suicune

I've had several occasions now that this thing out stalls my team with a Rest-Talk Roar set and without Thundurus, who is quite frail, this thing just keeps on taking hits and just never dies.

Those are really the only threats I've faced so far. Everything else seems to be handled by my team.
Please comment and leave any suggestions you may have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)