5th Gen OU Trick Room Team

Does this team have any severe weaknesses?

• Total voters
In this team I have put alot of emphasize in the ability to set up Trick Room all the time throughout the battle. Therefore I have made three pokemon with Trick Room. I find this very important seeing that Trick Room sweepers completely fail when Trick Room isn`t up. In general this team consists of three bulky pokes that can set up TR and three pokemon that hit hard. Pretty standard.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Leviatate
Relaxed Nature
Evs:252 HP, 160 def, 96 sp. def

Stealth Rock
Trick Room
Explosion
Gyro Ball

I don`t really have a lead pokemon. It varies depending on what kind of pokemon the opponent has. If he has a lot of fire types I`ll rather lead with Slowking than Bronzong. Anyways, this guy uses the most suited move depending on the situation. If the opponent has lots of pokemon weak to stealth rock, I set it up. If not, I rarely use it, since Bronzong primarily only use is to set up TR and switch out/explode. Gyro ball is there since I need an attacking move for obvious reasons.

Slowking @ Life orb
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Regenerator
Evs:252HP, 252sp atk, 4 def

Trick room
Surf
Fire blast
Ice beam

This Slowking works really well. Unlike Bronzong this Slowking has invested a lot of attacking power. It is so good because I can use it as a wall and a sweeper at the same time. I always start to set up TR. Then if the opponent switces out to something that threatens Slowking, I switch out. I chose not to run Nasty Plot since it wastes Trick Room turns and is hard to pull of. Ice beam and fireblast is extremely useful since it destroys both dragons and Scizor, Forretress, Ferrothorn and so on. This team was created to counter averything in the metagame. Especially weather teams, mostly Clorophyll, Drought teams. Fireblast is therefore really useful due to the extra power from SUN.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
Nature:Sassy
Evs: 252HP, 80def, 176sp, def

Trick Room
Pain split
Will-0-Wisp
Night Shade

Dusclops is very hard to take out and is able to set up Trick Room many times. I often switch in on physical attackers, then I use Trick Room so I am faster, usually Dusclops is at low health then so therefore I pain split. Dusclops regains health and I switch out too a sweeper.

Conkeldurr @ Life orb
Nature: Brave
Ability: GUTS
Evs: 252HP, 252atk, 4 def

Hammer arm
Payback
Mach punch
Stone edge

I found out I had a weakness to dark so what`s better then Conkeldurr. Its immensely powerful, slow as hell and resist dark.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Justified
Evs: 252atk, 252spd, 4HP

Close Combat
Stone Edge
X-Scissor
Eartquake

This pokemon is meant to revenge kill when Trick Room isn`t up and the opponent is going on a rampage with Haxorus or Taunt Gyarados. Earlier I had Druddigon but I understood I needed a Scarfer after seeing Fantom0s comment.

Ursaring @ life orb
Nature: Brave
Ability: GUTS
Evs: 252atk, 252HP, 4 def

Hammer arm
Facade
Crunch
Sleep talk

Ursaring has a very high attack stat, combine that with Guts and Life orb and you got a fearsome sweeper. This Ursaring is meant to counter sleep inducers. If the opponent lead with for example, Brellom or Smeargle I switch to this, take the spore and then I have a powerful pokemon and the opponent can`t use more sleep inducing moves.

Thanks for reading! I will take any of your comments into concideration.

Ive never lost a match with this team ( though I have only played 20 matches or so)
total bullshit. Whn you post a competitive team make sure you dont lie. Even if a team is well built (which this one isn't really) you dont win 20 matches in a row. Although I doubt it is listed in the rules, you are not supposed to lie when you make posts here. Considering this community is for people 13 years of age and up, you are expected to know that.

Well, maybe I have been lucky with my opponents if you think this is a crappy team. No need to be rude just because you are anonymous. If you think it`s a crappy team I would like to hear why.

Also, no need to be so serios about this. It is a goddamn pokemon game. You act like I have violated some important law or something.

@ Asterat, Hey, you don't know that. And besides, this is kinda 'Rate My Team', not 'Rate My Winstreak'. Not lying would be very nice, but how about focusing on the team a bit more?

Anyway, it's the first time I've rated in quite a while, so I'm a bit rusty, but I'll try my best.
The first thing that comes to mind is your team's inability to get Trick Room out and about. Three of your pokemon can learn Trick Room, and that's great, but two of them are hard to take out, and when they are, it's usually outside of TR. This means that when it comes to your real hitters, there may be a good chance you don't have Trick Room. There aren't a lot of changes I can really offer without mucking up the team quite badly, but one thing I can offer is Explosion > Hypnomiss on Bronzong. This allows you to abuse up to three turns of Trick Room from a very deadly sweeper, the kind of thing TR can make. I know three turns isn't a lot, but because it's not a doubles match, it's really worth it when you get a free switch to abuse it. Slowking is very offensively based as it is and Dusclops doesn't have any kind of switching attack, so not much to offer there.
I fail to see what three STAB moves can do for Conkeldurr. Try out Payback or even Earthquake instead of either Hammer Arm or Drain Punch for a bit more coverage.
Taunt really cripples your walls. It turns off Trick Room completely and makes so many pokemon susceptible to Taunt+DD Haxorus/Gyarados. Taunt is rare, but you should really include at least one pokemon that will do well outside of Trick Room. Choice Scarf Terrakion is what immediately comes to mind, with its ability to revenge Haxorus and Gyarados even at +1, forcing some switches and racking up hazard damage. For what to replace, it would have to be either Druddigon or Usaring. Conk is just an amazing powerhouse, and I really don't see what Druddigon is really doing for the team other than just a filler with some outright power.
Another way to handle Taunt is a Gallade instead of one of your other TR pokes, Dusclops perhaps...? With a massive 125 base Atk, and a very dependable move in Close Combat, as well as Stone Edge to deal with that big blue fish, this thing is a very good spearhead to almost any TR team. He is also good at beating up Sandstorm teams (Gliscor can say hi to Ice Punch), even outside of Trick Room - sometimes.

So, to summarize:
- Explosion > Hypnomiss
- Payback/Earthquake > Drain Punch/Hammer Arm
- Choice Scarf Terrakion > Druddigon/Ursaring
- Gallade > Dusclops/Slowking

Hope I helped!

I will do as you said, exept taking out dusclops or slowking for gallade. That is because I think it is crucial to have three pokes that can setup TR.

Thanks for advice!

I just tried out Terrakion and it works great! Also I dont see why dragonite is a problem when I have ice beam and stone edge on two pokes, neither do I see the problem with scrafty because of Terrakion and conkeldurr. Reuniclus is killed by payback, crunch or x-scissor and slowking can switch in on water types and set up Trick Room. Haha

First thing comes to mind for me. Crobat and Shiftry. Crobat can switch in on slowbro and mean look. Then you use trick room but the bat taunts. They switch to Shiftry. You're stuck with a slow useless unswitchable death roe inmate. Shiftry uses strong dark or grass move, good bye. And yes you have other tr setters but crobat still has taunt

skarmory loves to face this team. Predict TR, counter with whirlwind. Brave bird to put the hurt on terrakion and conkeldurr.

I may edit this post later since i'm bored at the moment.I can't see how you managed the 20 win streak (if you really did) but this isn't important.First of all,get rid of scarf terrakion;such fast pokemon cannot be in a standard TR Team.With a quick glance,i can't really see any major weaknesses apart from reuniclus and hydreigon.I'd like you to tell us how you actually beat stall with this team.A threatlist would be appreciated.

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I like the team a lot and have just one suggestion. Ursaring is already slow as it is. Opt for Close Combat over Hammer Arm for More Accuracy as wel as Power

Where´s the Reuniclus?

I use him, and he´s a monster, it once or twice killed 3 pokemons in a game.

I think you should switch him with slowking.

You really want Ice Punch on Conkeldurr to hit Gliscor. Gliscor walls Ursaring and Terrikoin, and Conkeldurr can be somewhat of a lure for it.

Is there a particular reason there's a Dream World tag? I don't see anything that restricts you to it, unless I'm mistaken. Or do you plan on playing exclusively in the Dream World tier? Some of the threats are different, so please clarify what tier this team is competing in. :)

Good TR team!

I do notice a weakness to technician breloom. It has the potential to OHKO all your pokemon except Bronzong, whom it can put to sleep and set up on. I thus recommend either a TR Reuniclus or TR Xatu, do to the former's high SAtt and the latter's resistance to grass moves, and the ability to bounce bounce back spore and taunt, allowing it to set up TR easily.

Also, no need to be so serios about this. It is a goddamn pokemon game. You act like I have violated some important law or something.
Some people take this game more seriously. Dont insult the game, just because you think its "goddamn" that doesnt mean we also think the same.

Oh, and even if you think that way, you should never lie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)