5th Gen Bulky Offensive Revamp

Ok, I'm back on smogon after taking a leave and I just got a youtube and an AR so i want to make sure this team is good enough so i need a another review of it. I have been having problems with gliscor and also set up sweepers like scizor. I did have a scarf chandelure with flash fire which did help with gliscor but it left me vulnerable to thinks like steels setting up on me since i carried HP ice.

Whimsicott@ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Nature: Impish [+Def, -SAtk]
Ability: Mischievous Heart
-Taunt
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Toxic

Overview: I just have on thing to say about Wishmicott. Cutest thing EVAR! But also with its amazing ability mischievous heart, it becomes one of the fastest anti-leads in the game and one of the fastest sub seeders to add.

EV's: The EV’s are to give this cotton sheep thing all the bulk it can get so it can shut down and set up a substitute on a lot of pokemon.

Moves: Taunt is to shut down set up sweepers like swords dance lucario and grachomp. and butterfly dance Uglamoth. Substitute + leech seed is to force a switch giving me a chance to toxic the switch in and then to stall with jirchi’s wish. I find toxic better move than encore to help with stall which all my teams hate.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Nature: Relaxed [+Def, -Spe]
Ability: Iron Barbs
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Brave Bird
-Roost

Overview: After putting The Legend Killer's sugggestions into place, skarmory replaced ferrothorn amd or a good reason too. Skarmory can wall a lot of pokemon on sand teams which my team hates a lot. With its extremely high defense and good defensive typing giving it only two weaknesses it can really be a pain only the fire types are gone. Plus it can pretty much wall a specs latios locked into draco meteor. Plus with reliable recovery that helps with stall.

EV's: The EV's are to give skarmory the max amount of physical defense with a careful nature so it can take neutral special hits better even without investment.

Moves: For this set I'm am using both stealth rock and spikes to make KO's easier for pokemon without offensive investment (conkeldurr and jirachi). Brave Bird is to make sure I'm not complete taunt bait while roost is for recovery and for stall.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly [+Spe, -SAtk]
Ability: sand veil
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Aqua Tail

Overview: Since I didn't battle back when garchomp was OU, I never knew if e was a pain or not. But since he was made OU again in 5th Gen he is still a threat. Plus he is still the fastest dragon bar latios and latias but with a choice scarf he can ouitspeed because most latiosare specs or life orbed nowadays. Plus with a base 102 speed it can outspeed dragonite, salamence, hydeigon and I can't remember the last one.

EV's: The EV's are to make sure it can hit hard and outspeed a lot of threats like +1 uglamoth and nasty plot lucario with max speed and max attack.

Moves: The moves are simple, outrage is t take out bulkier threats with dragon claw is for frailer threats that don't resist dragon type moves. Earthquake is to take out non-baloon heatran and chandelure. Aqua tail is to take out tyranitar and that sand crab thing. With these moves and massive attack it can revenge a big chunk of the new metagame.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Nature: Careful [+SDef, -SAtk]
Ability: Guts
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Payback

Overview: When saw this new fighting type I immediately fell in love with it. Massive attack, modest HP and great abilities make this one of my favorite pokemon EVAR. Plus with bulk up and mach punch to add with it, it is amazing.

EV's: The EV’s are to maximize its special bulk so it does not get hit by a neutral STAB attack and die. With the massive HP it will have enough bulk to survive a couple hits from the special side actually.

Moves: Bulk Up is to raise conkeldurr’s attack and defense evening out its defenses. Drain Punch is to get back any lost HP from bulking up. Mach Punch is for priority for revenge kill. Payback is to take out ghost and to hit reuniclus on the switch in.

Magnezone @ leftovers
EV's: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spe
Nature: Timid [+Spe, -Atk]
Ability: Magnet Pull
-substitute
-thunderbolt
-HP fire
-charge beam

Overview: Magnezone was known as the best scizor counter last gen when it wrecked havoc until magnezone got to it with its unique ability, good special attack and good bulk. None of that has change now that is can trap ferrothorn whch is a major defensive threat and 2HKO with HP fire.

EV's: The EV's are going to give is it some bulk with it HP investment while maintaining a good special attack with a speed just over 250.

Moves: substitute are to give it some time to set up with charge beam on ferrothorn. thunderbolt is used as STAB while HP fire is used for the likes of scizor and ferro. and charge beam is to raise magnezone special attack behind a sub.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Nature: Bold [+Def , -Atk]
Ability: Magic Guard
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Recover

Overview: Reuniclus is one of the most dangerous pokemon this gen as a bulky sweeper because of its good defensive stats and massive HP and access to calm mind. With a large amount of physical bulk is can boost its special attack and defense make it impenetrable to most pokemon.

EV's: The EV's are to give it as much physical bulk as possible to it can take tyranitar's crunch and OHKO with the focus blast at +1 bar it doesn't miss.

Moves: Calm mind is needs no introduction because it is needed for this set and only noobs don't know why it is on this set. psychic is the main STAB that damages a lot of pokes for at least neutral damage. Focus blast is to take out things like ferrothorn and ttar because they wall the STAB psychic. Recover is to heal off damage that reuniclus takes trying to set up.

If you want a bulky booster and you hate stall, Reuniclus is begging for you to use it. Stall can't touch Reuniclus and it's probably the best bulky booster along with Conkeldurr, and they make a good offensive pair.

Reuniclus@Life Orb
Bold
252 HP / 252 Df / 4 SpD
Calm Mind
Recover
Psychic
Shadow Ball/Focus Blast

It just doesn't die and it has great power. Focus Blast is the standard, but if you havea Conkeldurr for the fighting moves than Shadow Ball allows you to take out opposing Reuniclus, Latias and the like with no problems. It'd make a better CM abuser than Jirachi who has poor coverage with Psychic and Thunderbolt.

I also recommend trying out the bulky Garchomp with Dragon Tail to phaze through your multiple hazards. You could abuse a Restalk set for priority phazing which is actually good sice Garchomp is pretty fast. Hone Claws increases the power and accuracy of Dragon Tail.

Thanks jaroda I will try a wall chomp since I think it will be a pretty cool surprise. I will just put shadow ball and focus vlast for the coverage it gets since psychic does not get good coverage anyway and gives me a surprise on the mole thing exagdrill.

Sorry I'm not sure what the best defensive EV spread for Garchomp would be. Max HP most likely, also a certain amount of speed to outspeed Skarmory's Whirlwind is probably a good idea. I'd consult the Analyses thread though.

Ok I check and
It was a jolly nature with 252 HP / 76 Def / 120 Spd / 60 Spe and a jolly nature to outspeed skarmory. And I will try the changes when I can get on PO or shoddy.

So you switch into Jirachi and take the Dynamicpunch in the face? Between the confusion and the opponent switching out, how do you handle that? It just seems like switching to something that takes neutral damage from Dynampunch is never a good idea.

He said Reuniclus, not Jirachi, who resists the attack, can Recover, and doesn't take confusion damage when it attacks itself. Likewise Chandelure is immune and can use Overheat. If it doesn't die something else can finish it off. It isn't a massive concern, though it can be legitimately annoying, it won't be the downfall of his team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)