4th Gen OU Wifi Team

Overview: This team is almost like a pot-luck. It has a lot of stuff going on. Most of my teams weaknesses are covered so that works well and I have 4 pokemon that can wall pretty well so yeah. This is my first team and I have been working on this team for ages now to make sure I can really become a serious battler. I probably need help with this team and can use your help.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly [+Atk, -SAtk]
Ability: Hyper Cutter
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Taunt
-Roost

Overview:My lead and my pair for Blissey since I would get trolled for the lame "SkarmBliss" combo so this is Gliscor. This is a physically bulky lead that is meant to take on Metagross and other leads like Bronzong, Infernape, Skarmory, and other leads that either are weak to earthquake or need to set up.

EV's:Maximum EV's in HP to maximize bulk and maximum speed to make taunt more effective.

Moves:Stealth rock is to bring up a entry hazard and to make sure that KO's will come easier. Earthquake is to hit pokemon like Infernape and Metagross leads. Taunt is to stop and slower leads from setting up, to stop set up sweepers like sword dance Lucario and to get rid of wish support for the other team. Roost is to keep Gliscors health high enough to become a physical wall that can take physical hits for Blissey.

Swampert @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Torrent
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Nature: Sassy [+SDef, -Spd]
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
-Rest

Overview:This set is to stay in to curse up to wall the pokemon, rest up, have the chesto berry kick in and then get hits in as a tank role and not a sweeper role since Swampert is to slow to sweep unfortunately unless trick room is up and this is not a trick room team.

EV's:The EV's are to maximize Swamperts HP and special defense.

Moves:Earthquake is the main STAB attack for pokemon who don't resist it and works well with curses attack boosted. Also, avalanche is to hit dragons that can cause trouble for my team if they are scarfed. I love this set because Swampert can become a good wall with high hp, good defensive typing and stats.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Leftovers
EV's: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SDef
Nature: Bold [+Def, -Atk]
-Wish
-Surf
-Protect
-Roar

Overview: This is my wish support/phazer. This pokemon is really a bulky water and can absorb a lot of hits for my teams only weaknesses which is psychic and flying. And really can absorb a grass knot for Swampert especially against specially based MixApe.

EV’s:The ev’s in HP is to make it a leftovers number. The max defense is to make sure Vaporeon can take hits and be able to roar the opponent out and rack up entry hazard damage. The rest are dumped on special defense so Vaporeon can take hits in the special department.

Moves: This is a basic set and I am surprised smogon hasn’t added it yet. Wish+ Protect is to give Vaporeon a prolonged life in the battle and wish itself is to heal its teammates. Surf is the only attacking move and it is STAB so I don’t really need another move. Finally roar is what makes the set useful. Roar is used to basically shuffle around the opponent’s team and rack up damage from entry hazards.

Gengar @ Life Orb
EV's: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Nature: Timid [+Spd, -Atk]
Ability: Levitate
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Destiny Bond

Overview:This is my main special sweeper and Gengar is used here because of his good offensive movepool and so many choices for attacks. This set is more of a suicide sweeper in a sense but sort of not because I can keep Gengar the entire battle without using destiny bond if I play my cards right.

EV’s: The EV’s are straight forward to give Gengar max speed and max special attack.

Moves:Shadow Ball is the main STAB attack and is for any pokemon who doesn’t resist it and doesn’t have a weakness to any other of Gengar’s moves. Energy Ball is to give coverage to any bulky water like Swampert and the occasional Rhyperior. Thunderbolt is to take on pokemon like Gyarados, Starmie, and other water pokemon that I need more power to take care of. Finally, Destiny Bond is the suicide part. If I have a pokemon that is going to be a big problem later and I can cover the rest of his team, I use Destiny Bond and take whatever pokemon down with me.

Blissey @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Nature: Bold [+Def, -Atk]
Ability: Nature Cure
-Toxic
-Aromatherapy
-Ice Beam
-Soft Boiled

Overview:My special wall/cleric. This pokemon is a pure beast and can take special hits like nothing so I replaced it for Umbreon. This is my own special moveset made for my team having no dragon counter besides Swampert and for specific pokemon.

EV's:The EV's are to make up for Blissey's horrid defense and make use of Blissey's behemoth-like HP. The last four goes into special defense just cuz.

Moves:Ice Beam is to take out any pokemon like Gliscor that will go for a taunt to think I was going to set up which most Blisseys do. Softboiled is to get the immediate boost of health that works with toxic to stall the pokemon, which will work until they switch. Aromatherapy is to make sure Swampert can take another rest and just switch out get healed from its status. This pokemon works well with Swampert to sponge and special attacks aimed at him because Swampert might have max special defense but a powerful special attacker can rip him part and also to heal Swampert of his rest after chesto berry is tand I need him to get that heal if I need Swampert for later which I would probably would.

Infernape @ Life Orb
EV's: 252 Atk / 64 SAtk / 192 Spd
Nature: Naive [+Spd, -SDef]
Ability: Blaze
-Close Combat
-U-Turn
-Mach Punch
-Overheat

Overview:This MixApe my wall breaker and it does a very good job of it. Infernape is basically used as a Skarmory counter and also a priority user with mach punch. Infernape makes a good sweeper because of its high speed and good attacking stats. This is also my Blissey counter and my Bronzong counter so basically Infernape has a lot of jobs to do.

EV's:252 EV's in attack are to make close combat, U-turn and mach punch hit hard and 64 EV's in special attack in to make overheat have some power to it.

Moves:Close Combat is the main STAB attack to hit on pokemon that aren't immune or don't resist it, U-Turn is to scout any of the pokemons moves or his teams line up if there is a switch. Mach Punch is to take out any focus sashers that are in late game and for revenge kill. Overheat is for Gliscor, Forretress and physically defensive Skarmory.

Hello Maloswampert, this is a pretty good team. You do seem to have a Dragonite and Swords Dance Scizor weakness.

Without a steel or a revenge killer, Dragonite can simply set up a Dragon Dance against Infernape, and do some serious damage to your team. Even if it is not a Dragon Dancer, it can be a Choice Band or a mixed Variant.. which means without setup it can immediatly threaten your team.

Swords Dance Scizor is much less common, but it can freely set-up against Gengar, Swampert, and Blissey. Heck, it can even set up against Vaporeon if you do not see the Swords Dance coming due to the Choice Band set being overwhelmingly more popular. Infernape is not good enough as a check, because after Stealth Rock, and a round of Life Orb recoil, Infernape is not taking a +2 LO Bullet Punch from Scizor. Some SD Scizor also run Quick Attack to hit Infernape harder.

To help solve this problem, I would reccomend a Scarfed Heatran over Blissey with 6Atk/252SpA/252Spe Explosion/Hidden Power Ice/Fire Blast/Earth Power and a Naive nature. Most things which would give your team a problem from the special side IE:Gengar, Sub Petaya Empoleon, Suicune, seem to be covered fairly well by the rest of your team.

Scarfed Heatran in return gives your team a life line against Dragonite, Swords Dance Scizor, while giving you a decent stallbreaker with the ability to explode. It is capable of punching early holes in teams with proper prediction, gives you some more resistences, and retains the great defensive synergy Blissey had with the rest of your team.

The main issue with this fix is the fact that it makes you weaker to LO variants of Jolteon, Zapdos. Shaymin and Celebi aren't very easy to deal with either, given they can switch into Gliscor, Vaporeon, and Swampert.

To fix this, I would probably drop Gliscor and your current Swampert set. I would lead with Swampert while using a spread of 252HP/252Def/6Atk, Protect/Ice Beam/Earthquake/Stealth Rock with a Relaxed nature. Swampert makes a pretty good lead, gives you more re-assurance against pokemon like Agility Gross and DD Tyranitar with the physical bulk who can otherwise 2HKO Gliscor. Protect is also really good scouting move, blocks Explosion, and nets free Leftovers recovery. You also aren't weak to Lucario either, since Heatran and Gengar make excellent checks. Swampert also can beat Agility Lucario. Swampert can also check Dragonite, which Gliscor cannot.

In Gliscor's spot, I would run a Spiker Roserade. Spiker Roserade makes a great switch in to Jolteon, Shaymin, Celebi, Starmie, Rotom, and some Zapdos. It sets up against a good amount of the metagame, completes a F/W/G core, absorbs toxic spikes which your team doesn't appreciate. Gengar can spinblock your spikes, and Vaporeon can really abuse the hazards laid by Roserade with Roar. Heatran is probably the team member who actually benefits the most from this fix. Roserade attracts fire moves to power Heatran up. Heatran really appreciates spikes with all the switches he forces and power he packs. Run 252HP/120Def/136SpD Spikes/Hidden Power Ice/Energy Ball/Rest on Roserade.

For the rest of my rate, I have some quick nitpicks. For one, I would probably put Stone Edge > Mach Punch on Infernape. With the fixes I have added, Stone Edge is more useful for hitting Dragonite and Gyarados. You have DD Tyranitar and SD Lucario covered well enough with Swampert, Gengar, and Heatran.

For Gengar, I think a set of Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/Substitute/Hidden Power Fire with Leftovers would be prefered. Energy Ball doesn't have much use on Gengar since everything Energy Ball hits would not like taking a Shadow Ball. Also anything Thunderbolt hits won't like taking Shadow Ball either. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast give you perfect coverage, and Hidden Power Fire hits Scizor. You can also afford dropping in power without a Life Orb due to all the entry hazards. Substitute lets Gengar beat its biggest checks if you can force a switch and Sub.

That means your final team looks like Swampert, Gengar, Roserade, Vaporeon, Heatran, and Infernape.

You can try a Mixed Dragonite over Infernape as it has better defensive synergy with your team, however that is entirely up to you. Infernape is quicker and has U-Turn to rack up Spikes damage.

All in all, that is all I see for now. Good luck!

Hello Maloswampert, this is a pretty good team. You do seem to have a Dragonite and Swords Dance Scizor weakness.

Without a steel or a revenge killer, Dragonite can simply set up a Dragon Dance against Infernape, and do some serious damage to your team. Even if it is not a Dragon Dancer, it can be a Choice Band or a mixed Variant.. which means without setup it can immediatly threaten your team.

Swords Dance Scizor is much less common, but it can freely set-up against Gengar, Swampert, and Blissey. Heck, it can even set up against Vaporeon if you do not see the Swords Dance coming due to the Choice Band set being overwhelmingly more popular. Infernape is not good enough as a check, because after Stealth Rock, and a round of Life Orb recoil, Infernape is not taking a +2 LO Bullet Punch from Scizor. Some SD Scizor also run Quick Attack to hit Infernape harder.

To help solve this problem, I would reccomend a Scarfed Heatran over Blissey with 6Atk/252SpA/252Spe Explosion/Hidden Power Ice/Fire Blast/Earth Power and a Naive nature. Most things which would give your team a problem from the special side IE:Gengar, Sub Petaya Empoleon, Suicune, seem to be covered fairly well by the rest of your team.

Scarfed Heatran in return gives your team a life line against Dragonite, Swords Dance Scizor, while giving you a decent stallbreaker with the ability to explode. It is capable of punching early holes in teams with proper prediction, gives you some more resistences, and retains the great defensive synergy Blissey had with the rest of your team.

The main issue with this fix is the fact that it makes you weaker to LO variants of Jolteon, Zapdos. Shaymin and Celebi aren't very easy to deal with either, given they can switch into Gliscor, Vaporeon, and Swampert.

To fix this, I would probably drop Gliscor and your current Swampert set. I would lead with Swampert while using a spread of 252HP/252Def/6Atk, Protect/Ice Beam/Earthquake/Stealth Rock with a Relaxed nature. Swampert makes a pretty good lead, gives you more re-assurance against pokemon like Agility Gross and DD Tyranitar with the physical bulk who can otherwise 2HKO Gliscor. Protect is also really good scouting move, blocks Explosion, and nets free Leftovers recovery. You also aren't weak to Lucario either, since Heatran and Gengar make excellent checks. Swampert also can beat Agility Lucario. Swampert can also check Dragonite, which Gliscor cannot.

In Gliscor's spot, I would run a Spiker Roserade. Spiker Roserade makes a great switch in to Jolteon, Shaymin, Celebi, Starmie, Rotom, and some Zapdos. It sets up against a good amount of the metagame, completes a F/W/G core, absorbs toxic spikes which your team doesn't appreciate. Gengar can spinblock your spikes, and Vaporeon can really abuse the hazards laid by Roserade with Roar. Heatran is probably the team member who actually benefits the most from this fix. Roserade attracts fire moves to power Heatran up. Heatran really appreciates spikes with all the switches he forces and power he packs. Run 252HP/120Def/136SpD Spikes/Hidden Power Ice/Energy Ball/Rest on Roserade.

For the rest of my rate, I have some quick nitpicks. For one, I would probably put Stone Edge > Mach Punch on Infernape. With the fixes I have added, Stone Edge is more useful for hitting Dragonite and Gyarados. You have DD Tyranitar and SD Lucario covered well enough with Swampert, Gengar, and Heatran.

For Gengar, I think a set of Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/Substitute/Hidden Power Fire with Leftovers would be prefered. Energy Ball doesn't have much use on Gengar since everything Energy Ball hits would not like taking a Shadow Ball. Also anything Thunderbolt hits won't like taking Shadow Ball either. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast give you perfect coverage, and Hidden Power Fire hits Scizor. You can also afford dropping in power without a Life Orb due to all the entry hazards. Substitute lets Gengar beat its biggest checks if you can force a switch and Sub.

That means your final team looks like Swampert, Gengar, Roserade, Vaporeon, Heatran, and Infernape.

You can try a Mixed Dragonite over Infernape as it has better defensive synergy with your team, however that is entirely up to you. Infernape is quicker and has U-Turn to rack up Spikes damage.

All in all, that is all I see for now. Good luck!
Thanks but I don't have a way to get Heatran and I see is would work. Can you help me in any way with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)