I really really really really hate Sableye.
Anyway...
Kadabra @ Focus Sash/Choice Scarf
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Light of Ruin
- Blue Flare/Secret Sword
- Hyperspace Fury/Trick

There don't seem to be many Pokemon that benefit offensively from this aside from Pikachu and Beedrill...This is the best I could get from the others.
Also Archen gets really trolled with that 401 BST lol.
Hyperspace Fury is physical, and fails when used by any Pokémon other than Hoopa-Unbound.

I really think that baton pass should be banned, or at least boosting move+baton pass. Quick pass will be really popular and kinda dumb. I think I speak for most people when I say I don't want every second team to be dennisss bp 2.0.

Baton Pass, Baton Pass everywhere. I am thinking, if you allow for evolutions to get the moves too, this meta will be well under control.

Illumise w/life orb/focus sash
Modest/timid
Prankster
252spatk/252spd
Tail glow
Bugbuzz
Nature power
Baton pass/thousand wave
Use tail glow to boost your spatk and pound stuff with bugbuzz! The special thing about this set is that nature power/tri attack gets priority which helps its poor speed. Use baton pass if you want to support the team or thousand arrows for opposing steel or fire types.

With all the hype about Baton Pass and Quick-Passing I have one question: Isn't the Baton-Pass-clause still in effect or was it changed for this meta?

whoever codes this will have to take care to ensure the likes of magikarp's revenge remain illegal, or this could get rather silly.

anyway, I've found what I believe to be the strongest unboosted attack in the game:

Darumaka @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- V-create
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- U-turn / Parting Shot

needs tr support obv. 50 spe isn't salvageable

252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 361-426 (85.9 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

for comparison: 252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 228-268 (54.2 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

AWailOfATail I'll do the code and I'm pretty sure Snaquaza will host it
Race to the finish! Place your bets now! Who will code the metagame first?
config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "400",
        section: "Other Metagames",

ruleset: ['OU']
        banlist: ['400 Clause']
    },
team-validator.js
Code:
if (format.banlistTable && format.banlistTable['400clause']) {
    var bst;
    for (var i in template.baseStats) {
        bst += template.baseStats[i];
    }
    if (bst <= 400) return false;
}
(Add this after line ~584 containing "alreadyChecked[template.speciesid] = true;")
also Snaquaza

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "400",
        section: "Other Metagames",

ruleset: ['OU', '400 Clause']
    },
team-validator.js
Code:
if (format.banlistTable && format.banlistTable['400clause']) {
    var bst;
    for (var i in template.baseStats) {
        bst += template.baseStats[i];
    }
    if (bst <= 400) return false;
}
(Add this after line ~584 containing "alreadyChecked[template.speciesid] = true;")
also Snaquaza
Thanks and implemented!

This is now playable on http://aqua.psim.us ! AWailOfATail
Hope it works, last time I used Team Validator it crashed badly ;x

You did not menction Smeargle, which gains the immense power of CHATTER.
I think that, still, OU mons will be the most important.

whoever codes this will have to take care to ensure the likes of magikarp's revenge remain illegal, or this could get rather silly.
What exactly does magikarp's revenge do?
Magikarp's Revenge is a move that exists only for debug purposes that causes a bunch of secondary effects. Only Magikarp can use it, so it wouldn't be much of a problem if it were allowed anyway, but it won't be, since it doesn't actually exist under normal circumstances.

(For instance, it isn't usable in Classic Hackmons)

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Oh, and post any replays you guys have!
And yeah, Unaware still exists, but I don't want every team to carry one. I'm still considering future suspects and who might be on the council, but that's all in due time.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Just saying, Mega Beedrill (Yes, it gets the movepool additons, its base forms BST is 395) looks kinda broken

Potential Beedrill Sets:

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab / Gunk Shot
- Thousand Arrows / Sacred Fire
- Spiky Sheild

Very powerful sweeper that hits everything in the metagame for atleast neutral damage. The combination of Megahorn/Poison Move/Thousand Arrows lets it hit literally every single pokemon bar Shedinja for atleast neutral damage, although you can use Sacred Fire over Thousand Arrows if you want to take out Ferrothorn and Scizor. A base 120 Adaptability STAB attack is no laughing matter, as we saw with Mega Lucario before it was banned. Spiky Sheild is there because it is essentially a better protect (Added effect + same moves blocked, and although it has less pp your not going to be using it more than once most of the time.) The preference between Poison Jab and Gunk Shot is accuracy vs Power

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe (Does this need more Defense EVs? I'm not sure)
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Thousand Arrows / Precipice Blades / Sacred Fire
- Coil
- King's Sheild

It's somewhat of a gimmicky setup sweeper, but it does it's job. The goal here is to somehow switch in safely into a physical attacker using non SE contact moves, mega evolve and use King's sheild, and when they switch out/hit you with a weakened attack
you use Coil, and then sweep. Gunk Shot is here over Megahorn since its type coverage is generally superior over it. The preference between Thousand Arrows, Precipice Blades, and Sacred Fire is if you want to have almost perfect neutral coverage, have a powerful attack, or if you want to take out pokemon like Scizor and Ferrothorn all respectively

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Beedrill @ Beedrillite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab / Gunk Shot
- Thousand Arrows
- Spiky Sheild

Very powerful sweeper that hits everything in the metagame for atleast neutral damage. The combination of Megahorn/Poison Move/Thousand Arrows lets it hit literally every single pokemon bar Shedinja for atleast neutral damage.A base 120 Adaptability STAB attack is no laughing matter, as we saw with Mega Lucario before it was banned. Spiky Sheild is there because it is essentially a better protect (Added effect + same moves blocked, and although it has less pp your not going to be using it more than once most of the time.) The preference between Poison Jab and Gunk Shot is accuracy vs Power
You could maybe slash Close Combat or Sacred Fire on this set over Thousand Arrows to hit Ferrothorn Super-effectively, which this set lacks coverage for (and is really annoying if you don't have coverage for it). Same for the other set as well.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Yeah Langur and I were talking about a few potentially broken things and Mega Beedrill was on there. Trust me, we'll definitely take a look at it.

You did not menction Smeargle, which gains the immense power of CHATTER.
I think that, still, OU mons will be the most important.
Chatter only Confuses if the user is Chatot.

General thoughts: Yeah this is going to be 99% weak things quick-passing boosts to strong things if Baton Pass isn't banned.

If it is banned, the meta will be Mega Beedrill forever.

If those are both banned it'll be Gothorita is queen. (Trap something Gothorita isn't afraid of, Quiver Dance to max power, murder everything with Stored Power+coverage. [A Fairy move ensures those pesky Dark types are no problem] Maybe boost Defense -hi Coil- to ensure nothing can kill you)

If all three of those are banned, there might finally be a cool meta to play.

Yes I am a pessimist why do you ask

Also all the "later evolutions don't inherit moves" insistence got me thinking how awesome it would be to say "if your lowest evolutionary stage is X BST or below, your entire line gets movepool advantages". Then I noticed that my preferred cut-off point -300 BST- has Dratini in it and decided not to try to submit it.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Meteor Mash
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Recover

You thought Mawile was scary before? Now it can heal itself.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Meteor Mash
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Recover

You thought Mawile was scary before? Now it can heal itself.
Just want to say that OU clauses and bans are in effect, and that includes Mawilite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)