2017/18 (Soccer) Football Thread

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
batshuayi has 5 in 3 at dortmund. chelsea really is where players go to die, only hazard and azpilicueta stand out to me post-2010

look at de bruyne and salah now

If Karius steps up from now until the end of the season, then we won't need Alison.

On another note, Napoli lost 3-1 at home. Werner will move soon, I think. Too good for Leipzig.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Werner is really good but it’s not like Leipzig only won yesterday because of him, I’d say Kampl was the key player. Not to take anything away fro Werner but strikers are often overrated when they score a lot because people don’t take into account the reason they score so much is their team. Dortmund is a pretty good example, both Aubameyang and Batshuayi have looked amazing when playing for Dortmund, and sure they’re good players with great finishing, but it’s easy to look good and score a lot when you have players like Götze creating chances.

Kampl is an interesting case, he’s an extraordinary player but it took a long time before he was able to play in a big league, and even despite his great play at Leverkusen and Leipzig he’s still underrated.

Very interesting results last night in Europa League, Napoli especially got absolutely trashed in every way, pretty safe to say they’re out. Other strong teams like Villarreal and Dortmund also had bad results, all according to plan for Wenger huh?

shade

be sharp, say nowt
right call if you ask me phalanx. wigan fans being classic wiganer scrotes and invading the pitch and getting in his face, got to defend yourself

Only watched the highlights but Allison was good. The save at the end is probably crucial. Fancy Roma to do Shaktar in Rome.

Didn't watch Sevilla v Man Utd but 0-0 away from home is a decent result in Europe. Sevilla is hopeless away so Man Utd will thump them at Old Trafford.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
should've been watching leeds then on sky sports, we conceded in the 92nd minute. wholesome fun for all the family

Somehow we decided that CL games are now 45 minutes. It's gonna be tough to hold onto Alisson if we keep playing like this. On the other hand, the Ündertaker is a nice surprise.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
maybe it is my fan vision but 15 mins gone im pretty sure man city have conceded at least 2 penalties and have intentionally handled the ball several times. great reffing, as I type this aguero scores.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)