2016 Facebook Art Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head

Smogon's Facebook page (http://facebook.com/smogonu) is always growing in popularity and as such, we have a reputation to uphold. This reputation is comprised of not only providing up-to-date, in-depth breakdowns of the most common Pokemon in every official tier, but also of the stunning, beautiful artwork created by you, community artists. Your involvement is invaluable, and as such, I heavily encourage anyone wanting to get more involved in Smogon's various communities - specifically social media and art, in this case! - to contribute to the effort through this thread.

I'm looking for the following qualities in a potential contributor:

We are looking for:
  • Accountability - commitment and responsibility go hand in hand, therefore if you say you're going to provide a piece of artwork for a particular Pokemon of the Week, project, or announcement, then I have to be sure I can trust you to follow through. Failure to do so has the natural consequence of negative repercussions throughout the site and with other staff, so please refrain from making any promises you can't keep.
  • Dedication - the art displayed on the Facebook page has to be an example of the high quality work we as a community produced, so I urge you to not try and pass a half-assed piece. Put your very best into every piece you do.
  • Skill - we have a high standard for written contributions, and the art is no different. As such, the prerequisite for reserving artwork for the Facebook page is to be an approved artist. If you have any questions regarding becoming an approved artist, contact Bummer, the site's art leader.
  • Timeliness - in order for all deadlines to be met, the pieces of a Facebook post have to be assembled beforehand and that means an artist that has reserved a piece has to remain on top of things to get it done in time for the post to be scheduled/made.
If you meet or THINK you can meet the criteria above, you're eligible to post reserving a piece of artwork that needs to be completed (the list is below) by replying to this thread. The deadline for art is the written date; the post will go up the day after, therefore the deadline written is of utmost importance. The OP will be regularly updated by myself and I will post saying when I have so be sure to watch the thread (you can click on the "watch thread" button directly to the right of the "Go to the first unread" button near the title of the thread, or simply post in the thread to receive notifications).

With all that said, thanks for lending your talent to Smogon - feel free to start reserving immediately.

2016 Pokemon of the Week Schedule (COMPLETE)
these are complete and will be posted on the date listed
2016 Throwback Thursday Schedule (COMPLETE)
these are complete and will be posted on the date listed
2016 Pokemon of the Week Schedule (NEED ART)
these need art; art is due on the date listed
  • Mega Heracross - aXl
  • Heracross - Nerina
  • Stunfisk
  • Weavile
  • Zapdos
  • Bisharp
  • Scolipede
2016 Throwback Thursday Schedule (NEED ART)
these need art; I'll prioritize them on the schedule as art is complete

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

In Oct. 2015 a new team of distributors was formed to revive the Facebook Saturday Giveaways. We had moderate success at first but now it is one of the most popular posts on the FB page. We are in need of some art for January and hopefully for the coming months.

Here's the schedule for the rest of January:

• Jan 15 - (Primal) Groudon
  • Jan 22 - (Mega) Mawile
  • Jan 29 - (Mega) Rayquaza
* the parenthesis means it can be regular forme.

I know there is probably not enough time to get Groudon art but we already have a back up plan for that in case it can't be done in time. I'll post the schedule for February when we have that figured out (next week probably).

Last edited:

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
If I may shamelessly plug my own work in here:

I had made this last year for an old Facebook Pokemon of the Week post that was eventually discarded, so the artwork was never used for anything. I think this would fit well for the Giveaway post (plus it would actually give it the utility it was originally made for), so you're free to use it if you'd like!

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I mean, I've already posted that on the page before... but we could recycle it, I guess, if nobody else antes up anything.

If I may shamelessly plug my own work in here:

I had made this last year for an old Facebook Pokemon of the Week post that was eventually discarded, so the artwork was never used for anything. I think this would fit well for the Giveaway post (plus it would actually give it the utility it was originally made for), so you're free to use it if you'd like!
wut? I have a t-shirt with this image. It has the smogon logo on the back. (jk)

you should seriously start selling t-shirts of this tho.
https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/ph...1452644188./10153667027997390/?type=3&theater

bubblymaika

I'd sell you to satan for one corn chip
is an Artist Alumnus
Hello everyone.

In Oct. 2015 a new team of distributors was formed to revive the Facebook Saturday Giveaways. We had moderate success at first but now it is one of the most popular posts on the FB page. We are in need of some art for January and hopefully for the coming months.

Here's the schedule for the rest of January:

• Jan 15 - (Primal) Groudon
  • Jan 22 - (Mega) Mawile

I know there is probably not enough time to get Groudon art but we already have a back up plan for that in case it can't be done in time. I'll post the schedule for February when we have that figured out (next week probably).
I can snag mega maw. I MIGHT be able to do groudon, but there's no guarantees.

antemortem

Socialization Head
i'm baaack, with tons more art to be done if anyone is so inclined :>

what's new: TONS of new Pokemon of the Week posts have been written but I have no way of prioritizing them without art, so I've put them in a big list, prioritized by ones I think are most pressing to get out sooner rather than later to least pressing, so you can reserve and do them in any order but what I've got is ~preferred~. As far as the Throwback Thursdays list is concerned, I'll post them in the order art is done since their information can't necessarily become outdated. I need art done by this Thursday for one of them though if anyone's able to do one of them!

I've moved around the PotW schedule a bit, too, so Krookodile (brightobject) is still going out this week, with Celebi being dropped completely until I get a writeup for it, and a new Mega Charizard Y going up in the first week of February, if someone could reserve that ASAP so they have plenty of time to complete it.

Thanks everyone!

I'll reserve Keldeo since I had originally called it back in the previous thread and still have my pose explorations to help jumpstart the creative process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)