2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
poor wales, but at least i can be glad that i didn't get round to placing a bet on them!

just really hope portugal lose the final now, so ronaldo's ego doesn't fucking explode

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
I Googled a bit and this is what I find:
No one in Spain serves prison under a sentence below 24 months, for their first offence. Anything under 24 months is a suspended sentence.

Not sure how true it is though.
It is true, it's a ''don't do it again or you'll face the consequences'' kind of thing... or you could just say our justice system is a joke.

Williams on for king half time was the obvious change chris!! SIMON CHURCH!?!? Coleman must thought wow if he scores i look a genius,, no way can he genuinely believe that bringing church on was the best move to get us back in the game....semi final is great and all, but portugal have looked dreadful all tournament and we havent....okay neither of us should have a chance vs germany or france anyway but this is a pretty lame ending :// to top it all we lost to england too! Damm it!

Btw if any of you bet my tip is pogba to man u

Ronaldo finally decided to show up in Euros ( yes, I know he scored against Hungary but it's The Mighty Hungary). Let's see if he can help out against France / Germany

Wales really missed Ramsey and Davies and the substitutes just didn't have the necessary quality to affect the game. It's a shame but they've done really well! Now I kinda want Portugal to win just to see steam coming out of Ronaldo's ears as his ego explodes.

Not like Germany would. I think we can actually win this now. Germany outplayed France for large portions of the game, they only lost because they couldn't finish their chances.
Germany lost because of;
1) Penalty seconds before the end of the first half (A bit harsh but you can't have your hands like that in the penalty area)
2) Suicidal defending + Neuer having a Mignolet moment
3) Horrible finishing

But then, you can't really say Portugal being impressive either as they didn't create anything against Wales before the second half. Very unconvincing performance throughout the tourney and only brightspots are Pepe (unexpectedly solid. Ticking time bomb though) , Sanches (still young but good) and Ronaldo (1 or 2 good games out of 6 but scored so...).

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Who would have thought that not having an efficient scorer who can actually turn a chance into a goal could backfire for Germany?

Iceland scored twice.
They thought about it, not much you can do when your only semi-decent striker is Mario Gomez and he gets injured on top of that... I'm tired of hearing ''Germany lose because they don't play any striker!!!'' No shit Sherlock, do you really think that if Löw could have Lewandowski or even Giroud or Morata he wouldn't have them in the starting XI? Having to use a 'False 9' is just the solution to not having any half-decent striker.

They thought about it, not much you can do when your only semi-decent striker is Mario Gomez and he gets injured on top of that... I'm tired of hearing ''Germany lose because they don't play any striker!!!'' No shit Sherlock, do you really think that if Löw could have Lewandowski or even Giroud or Morata he wouldn't have them in the starting XI? Having to use a 'False 9' is just the solution to not having any half-decent striker.
So... what you're literally saying is that Germany has no decent true striker (since Klose quit).
That they failed to find/scout/promote/nurture/produce, however you may call it, a decent striker in the last ~two decades (except for Klose), since you yourself called Gomez only "semi-decent".
And that this development is not something that is worrying and should be addressed. lol okay

PS: I actually am from Germany. I have been living here since the mid 90s and there is literally no one to fill that role. Not one... nada... the Bundesliga failed to spit out one decent guy who can actually play that role in the last decade. There are none... we have a dozen 10s and not one poacher who just scores for the sake of scoring... that is kinda sad, don't you think?

(except for Klose)

Last edited:

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
So... what you're literally saying is that Germany has no decent true striker (since Klose quit).
That they failed to find/scout/promote/nurture/produce, however you may call it, a decent striker in the last ~two decades (except for Klose), since you yourself called Gomez only "semi-decent".
And that this development is not something that is worrying and should be addressed. lol okay

PS: I actually am from Germany. I have been living here since the mid 90s and there is literally no one to fill that role. Not one... nada... the Bundesliga failed to spit out one decent guy who can actually play that role in the last decade. There are none... we have a dozen 10s and not one poacher who just scores for the sake of scoring... that is kinda sad, don't you think?

(except for Klose)

Germany's youth development system is really good, as seen from the huge amount of talent that has been coming out over the last decade, it just so happens that there has been a striker shortage in the last few years, not just in Germany but in other countries (see Spain, Italy, Netherlands, and even Brazil having to use Fred at World Cup), and that Germany is in the middle of a 'generation shift' for their strikers, as they have just lost Klose (and to a lesser extent) Mario Gomez.

There's hope though, Timo Werner is a great prospect, he might be ready in a couple of years.

Btw I called Mario Gomez semi-decent because he's aged, he was really good in his prime but injuries have taken a toll on him.

As for poachers, the poacher role is dead, only some rare examples remain, is there any poacher playing in a top team nowadays beside Chicharito? The truth is, top teams ask much more from a striker that what a poacher brings.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2014/07/02/miroslav-klose-the-last-poacher/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)