2013 Music

Personally I am just looking forward to the new Arctic Monkeys album that is supposedly coming out this year.
Anyone had a chance to listen to the new Jimi Hendrix stuff that was released earlier this month?

damn that clipping song is dirty, has been in heavy rotation round my house in the past few days. my roommates and i have been disagreeing about this, is it actually supposed to be an intentional homage/parody/revamp of the big sean ass song? i guess both songs are basic enough that similarity could be a coincidence but a couple times it sounds like the lyrics are making the reference

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Personally I am just looking forward to the new Arctic Monkeys album that is supposedly coming out this year.
Anyone had a chance to listen to the new Jimi Hendrix stuff that was released earlier this month?
is this confirmed?

personally i'm fucking excited for the new daft punk album. i also hope they start touring again, i'd kill to see them live..

also kid cudi is releasing INDICUD in about a month, and it looks promising. he's already released 'just what i am' and recently released 'immortal' and they both sound great.

finally, eminem is supposed to be releasing an album this year, probably his last, so i'm hoping he goes out with a bang

Arch, the new QotSA album is probably gonna be called ''Like Clockwork'', Era Vulgaris is the album that was released a couple of years ago.

Anyways, the end of May is gonna be good for music; Daft Punk the 21st, Crystal Fighters the 27th. I'm excited!

Arch, the new QotSA album is probably gonna be called ''Like Clockwork'', Era Vulgaris is the album that was released a couple of years ago.

Anyways, the end of May is gonna be good for music; Daft Punk the 21st, Crystal Fighters the 27th. I'm excited!
Oh crap. My bad. I have poor copypaste skills.

New Strokes is ehhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm enjoying it more than their last album though.

Also excited for new Phoenix next month, and obviously the new Vampire Weekend.

Edit: This isn't even 2012 but idc I just heard it and I love it

[youtube]WDvwzgML6ZQ[/youtube]

Gonna try doing what I did in the 2012 thread, longish post with pic/link/short written thing, with written thing assuming noone has heard whatever thing it is, just because. Last time I didn't even realise but I'd sparked a conversation about Lil B and that's pretty cool.

A$AP Rocky - LONG.LIVE.A$AP
(Song: Fashion Killa)
[ Fashionable as hell Harlem Rap with weirdo beats. I liked it less than his mixtape 'LIVE.LOVE.A$AP' but it has some good stuff, but also a few really terrible songs. ]

Le1f - Fly Zone
(Song: Airbending)
[ Gay NY rapper, with incredible, futuristic beats. I really liked his first tape, which was a lot more hazy. I like this even better, his voice is a lot more at the forefront while the beats are still amazing. Rappers that say shit like "Like immaculate conception imma get your man pregnant" are finally starting to be a real thing, lol. ]

Screaming Maldini - Screaming Maldini
(Song: Summer, Somewhere)
[ Relentlessly beautiful indie pop with odd-numbered time signatures and vocal harmonies everywhere and just everything all at once. They write completely perfect songs. Got to see them live the other week and they killed it, so good. ]

Kitty - D.A.I.S.Y. Rage EP
(Song: R.R.E.A.M.)
[ Formerly Kitty Pryde. Cute red-headed white girl doing cloud rap with self-deprecating lyrics. I love the new EP, I love how aggressive she's gotten and she's really proven she can spit. I swear she's a hero of mine lol. ]

My Bloody Valentine - m b v
(Song: only tomorrow)
[ Their first album in 21 years - they literally took the duration of my entire life to make this album. I don't know if I can assume you guys know who MBV are. I adore this album a lot, they've completely nailed a sound that's simultaneously crushing and ethereal. Better than Loveless. ]

Cakes Da Killa - The Eulogy
(Song: Break Em Off ft. Big Momma)
[ Amazing gay NY rapper, spits so much fire over juked-up, clubby beats that go hard as hell. If you're one of those shitty people who don't like when gay people "shove it down my throat", steer well clear of this or you're gonna get throat-fucked relentlessly. "No time for wasting, when Cakes come thru I'm straight riding faces". This record has got me feeling myself more than basically anything I've heard before. ]

Lil B - P.Y.T. Pretty Young Thug
(Song: Keep Sagging
[ Not a post from me anywhere without mentioning Lil B, ofc. 2 mixtapes from him so far this year, this and Pink Flame - Pink Flame was unhinged and fun as hell, I like this one better, it's in the vein of mixtapes like God's Father/Glassface/Blue Flame in being longer and showing a ton of different styles. Glassface went seriously under peoples' radar late last year, you should check it! ]

Thats all ima cover at the moment, another dude I've been getting into big time is Young Thug. (Here's a song by him, Shooting Star ft. Gucci Mane) Think Atlanta Trap stuff except the dude is so insanely high constantly that hes just babbling shit. I mean that in a good way, he's amazing.

My album "Cute Out" came out on Sunday, if you like [hip-hop/juke] kinda beats things you might like it! ^-^ here

mostly looking forward to seeing what direction juke/footwork styles go this year. that stuff was the bulk of my favourite music from last year. this year is so far the year of insanely inspirational music to me, not even 4 months in

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
extremely excited for new the national, oh my goodness

i hope i'm not the only one who enjoys jt's latest album!! pusher love is so good, i really enjoy jt's desire to make 8 minute or so-long songs that have a short transition around the 5 minute mark and it takes a new turn into the rest of the melody. jt is my boy

i have no idea what the national's new album will sound like, looking forward to it

i honestly liked most songs on JT's album but they were all way too overblown and long for me. for me the appeal of JT was always how tight his sound was with a million ideas going on, like most pop music i like. but people seem to be digging a lot of overly long super serious music for a while now, those are all the albums getting huge critical praise.

i honestly liked most songs on JT's album but they were all way too overblown and long for me. for me the appeal of JT was always how tight his sound was with a million ideas going on, like most pop music i like. but people seem to be digging a lot of overly long super serious music for a while now, those are all the albums getting huge critical praise.
yeah, my thoughts exactly. i don't really look to pop music for any kind of real merit. i like it when it's catchy and frenetic.

new JT is really good, and if he's left off Strawberry Bubblegum and Spaceship Coupe, would be a strong contender for AotY.

Tunnel Vision is song of the year so far. like holy shit that song...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)