2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Champions league is supposed to showcase the best football, yet time and time again it is ruined by referees who couldn't qualify as clowns,

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender

keep crying man u fans

edit: hahahahahaha look at the second angle here

so much for no intention, the dick actually kicked arbeloa again after the first contact

wasn't excessive force or brutality, the ball was at the hight Nanis leg was, what is he supposed to do, stand there like a dummy? he has done that enough this season.
never a red card, doesnt matter which team it is, it just isn't.
if putting your feet where the ball is and conencting Accedently with a player is a red card, i wish anyone luck doing an overhead kick and connecting with someone.
and Natural Leg movement = kick now?
was a foul and a yellow nothing more. watch the flight of the ball, he sticks his leg out to bring the ball down to control.
no intent or Excessive Force or Brutality.
he was trying to control the ball. watch Nanis head, he is following the ball with his eyes.

Um phalanx, there are rules specifically discouraging players from performing "high kicks"; that is, trying to trap a ball that is in the air using your leg. I know Nani did not see Arbeloa coming, but if he didn't know that someone was coming, why would you have to stick your leg in the air to trap it? Why can't you follow the ball? Like rey said, intent does not matter, no matter what referee, intent simply does not matter. Players almost never are intending to foul another player, so throw that out the window. Excessive force or brutality? It was only excessive because Arbeloa came in to trap it with this chest. It's just an unfortunate mistake for Nani, almost like a defender trying to clear the ball and kicking the player instead of the ball.

and again, it doesnt say red in this rule, which is what the incident was.
If a player plays in a dangerous manner in a “normal” challenge, the referee should not take any disciplinary action. If the action is made with obvious risk of injury, the referee should caution the player

and again, it doesnt say red in this rule, which is what the incident was.
If a player plays in a dangerous manner in a “normal” challenge, the referee should not take any disciplinary action. If the action is made with obvious risk of injury, the referee should caution the player
So I'm expected to believe this line over a picture from the official Rules of the Game book? Show me this from the book and then you'll deserve a real response.

pictures of the rules, and me quoting a rule are the same.

ok.... lol
and no.. it doesnt. easy to park the bus against a team with no width trying to pass the ball into the net :P

Didi Hamann
@DietmarHamann
Bad decision by the ref to send Nani off,a free kick yes but wasn't even a booking for me.United were well in control and on way to 1/4final

Vincent Kompany
@VincentKompany
Never a red card.

Kevin-Prince Boateng
@KPBofficial
How can u give a red card for that???is he serious....???thats sad killing a big game like that... #ManUvRealM

Gary Lineker
@GaryLineker
Unbelievably harsh red card. Rotten decision

Gaizka Mendieta
@GaizkaMendieta6
That was a very harsh decision!! Actually, I don't think it was red...

Joseph Barton
@Joey7Barton
Red card for that is a joke!

some (ex)-footballers.... and Bartons take :P

lol at citing de jong's kung fu kick at wc2010 - an incident that almost everybody at the time believed should have been a red and people still bring up when arguing FOR excessive force as grounds for sending off

if you believe that was excessive force then :evan:
can you please tell me how it wasn't excessive force when he had that much momentum before kicking him? Not to mention that he has an extra kick at him

look at the gifs that rey posted again. that's not how you go for the ball, especially at the end. nani knew what he was doing and it was cynical, which is why he pretended to be injured.

You shouldn't be mad at the referee. you should be fuming at nani and the decision to play him over someone like Rooney.

if it happened to a United player, i would still expect a yellow card.
he put enough force behind it to get where ne needed to be to get to the ball, it wasn't excessive.
how many people need to say it is a yellow card before you work it out?

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
yes because everyones saying its a yellow card

honestly its better to change the subject, deluded man u fans will still think its a yellow no matter what, so its pointless. they keep citing bullshit, bringing up 5 opinions from footballers (when probably the same amount agree with a red) and they think theyre right. i love how they ignore the second gif btw, taylors done a massive job at disregarding it when he was screaming "IT WASNT INTENTIONAL" yesterday

lets all just be happy man u got fucked in the ass and lets feed off of the tears of the man u fanboys pls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)