2010 music

Sevendust's "Cold Day Memory" is pretty generic and not too interesting (although its still pleasant to listen to), so basically what I expected.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
i didn't really like funeral, i don't know why. everyone says it's one of the top 10 albums of the 2000s, but i guess i just have weird taste in music.

i didn't really like funeral, i don't know why. everyone says it's one of the top 10 albums of the 2000s, but i guess i just have weird taste in music.
Is there some part of the discussion that came out of nowhere here, or is this a different thread than I thought?

Why are you just randomly blurting out your distaste of an old Arcade Fire album, in a 2010 music thread. Don't worry its alright for you to not like something, most people like, happens everyday.

(If i missed something this guy was referring to, or replying to someone then disregard this comment.)

We've been discussing Arcade Fire and Funeral in this topic due to their new album coming out in May. While it might be somewhat off topic, I don't think it's a completely irrelevant aside.

if it was coming out may, id guess wed have heard heard something by now, or got that single that link talked about

Why shudder? Screamo is amazing. Unless you think Alesana and shit is screamo.
I just don't like the term screamo. :[

And yeah Alesana is crap.

A local band called FallCityFall is releasing an album in May, http://www.myspace.com/fallcityfall, give "I've Got Champagne Taste on a KoolAid Budget" a listen. The mixing could be better but otherwise it's pretty solid stuff. That's a pretty early recording though. Stuff on their album's gonna be better quality I believe.

Any good screamo come/ing out?
there's a new Daniel Striped Tiger album coming out some time this year (never listened to them but i've heard good things) and you can always hope that Circle Takes The Square get off their ass and finally finish making Ritual of Names... that's about all i've heard of when it comes to screamo this year.

if it was coming out may, id guess wed have heard heard something by now, or got that single that link talked about
Yeah I would assume the same, but you never know. Here's to hoping its May, but not counting on it.

They're going to be performing songs from their new album at the Reading and Leeds festivals. They'll probably pop out a single the month before the release.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
hi the glow pt. 2 is the best album released last decade.

FACT

i know this is a bump that doesn't talk about 2010 music but stoo has to be recognised.

I've been listening to Broken Bells a lot Contra too. Those are the only albums that 2010 has really given me then I have enjoyed.

i really hope new arcade fire doesn't sound like neon bible cause that was boring shit and it was almost enough to make me not get funeral. luckily i did get funeral and wake up is the best song ever made ever except for mozart's 9th maybe

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've heard fuck all this year that I care about apart from the new Dark Tranquillity.

ok, the new album is definitely different from previous releases (new singer)

more clean vocals and softer overall I'd say even though I quiet like it.. the last few songs are pretty great..

yeah so...new album is kinda off.

the pacing isn't done very well, and half the album is devoid of metal.

all in all it's pretty spotty.

hopefully the follow up will fill in the gaps/return to form.

Altmer: check out Barren Earth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)