Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time posting lol so I'm a n00b to this but I have been using showdown for a few months. Ok so I'm not sure if this is a bug technically but I was looking through the recent oras info thread w/ all the data from team pp checking what pokemon learned new moves(using ORAS ou for checking). The pastebin mentions Delphox now getting dazzling gleam as a TM but when I tried running it, no luck. So far only move I've had issues with from the list.
I'll include a screenshot and I guess a link to the oras smogon page if it helps.

http://imgur.com/RLQrup8

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-research-thread.3519780/

First time posting lol so I'm a n00b to this but I have been using showdown for a few months. Ok so I'm not sure if this is a bug technically but I was looking through the recent oras info thread w/ all the data from team pp checking what pokemon learned new moves(using ORAS ou for checking). The pastebin mentions Delphox now getting dazzling gleam as a TM but when I tried running it, no luck. So far only move I've had issues with from the list.
I'll include a screenshot and I guess a link to the oras smogon page if it helps.

http://imgur.com/RLQrup8

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-research-thread.3519780/
I'm pretty sure none of the movesets are updated for ORAS yet. They'll be usable once the games are released.

Not a clue what happened here.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/350cup-180121819

Late in the match, my opponent brings in Ditto on Mega Kangaskhan, and Fakes Out while I bring in Mienfoo. Ditto-Khan does 0.9%, and then 0% damage on the Fake Out. I... might just know nothing about the numbers, but I don't think even 350 Cup Mienfoo is that durable.
It used Frustration when it must have had maximum happiness, meaning it only had about 1 base power.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Unsure if this is a game mechanic or a glitch on the system. But I recently entered a randbat battle where I got a primal groudon and my opp had a ditto that transformed into primal groudon. The ditto transformed as primal groudon ko'd my primal don and then the harsh sunlight dissapeared. In theory due to how there's still a user of desolate land that remained shouldn't the harsh sunlight still have remained despite my donner getting ko'd?

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-181058347

relevant turn is Turn 14

Hello, I believe I just found something strange.

Issue: Sleep count and switching.
I am of the understanding that since generation 5 "sleep counts" reset upon switching, and so a non-early bird sleeping pokemon will always sleep the first turn it switches in (pre-existing sleep). This situation occurred on little cut where my opponent brought in a sleeping Timburr (not switch, was brought in after kill, though I am unsure if that matters.) The Timburr proceeded to awaken and attack the first turn it had a chance to do so.

The held item was a berry juice in this situation, so that should have had no effect on what happened here.

I am sorry I cannot provide a replay or screen shot, I was a little distraught when it occurred, and I have not reported a bug before (or even had an account here.) I also have not encountered this problem before.

Hello, I believe I just found something strange.

Issue: Sleep count and switching.
I am of the understanding that since generation 5 "sleep counts" reset upon switching, and so a non-early bird sleeping pokemon will always sleep the first turn it switches in (pre-existing sleep). This situation occurred on little cut where my opponent brought in a sleeping Timburr (not switch, was brought in after kill, though I am unsure if that matters.) The Timburr proceeded to awaken and attack the first turn it had a chance to do so.

The held item was a berry juice in this situation, so that should have had no effect on what happened here.

I am sorry I cannot provide a replay or screen shot, I was a little distraught when it occurred, and I have not reported a bug before (or even had an account here.) I also have not encountered this problem before.
Gen 6 sleep mechanics reverted to Gen 4.

relating to another reporting of something similar, it seems when there are 2 primal groudons or 2 primal kyogres in the field, when the one that came first leaves(or faints), the harsh weather disappears. Slayer95 is this it?
That's what PS does, and it's highly likely that PS is right. Weather has always behaved as "first come first serve". However, someone needs to test that specific case.

The ability cheek pouch is incorrect. It restores 33% of your health but on showdown it is 25%. Here is a replay of a battle with both diggersby and dedenne with cheek pouch- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-180560766
Fixed after next restart.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
That's what PS does, and it's highly likely that PS is right. Weather has always behaved as "first come first serve". However, someone needs to test that specific case
The reason why I mentioned it was mostly due to unknown mechanics from OR/AS and how desolate land ends when a single primal don switches out. If say a primal ogre or mega rayquaza switches in and then switches out and then weather being nullified, that would be understandable but sun disappearing when there's still a primal don on the field is uncharted territory pretty much and hence why I brought it up.

The reason why I mentioned it was mostly due to unknown mechanics from OR/AS and how desolate land ends when a single primal don switches out. If say a primal ogre or mega rayquaza switches in and then switches out and then weather being nullified, that would be understandable but sun disappearing when there's still a primal don on the field is uncharted territory pretty much and hence why I brought it up.
Sure. This is not the place to speculate or ask "what about...?" though.

Hi,

Heal Bell seems to be bugged in Triples (probably also Doubles)
It cures only the Pokemon itself, and not the neighbour.

My Lapras and Charizard where both poisoned, Lapras used Heal Bell, but only it was cured, Charizard not.
I forgot to save a replay, sorry.

Hi,

Heal Bell seems to be bugged in Triples (probably also Doubles)
It cures only the Pokemon itself, and not the neighbour.

My Lapras and Charizard where both poisoned, Lapras used Heal Bell, but only it was cured, Charizard not.
I forgot to save a replay, sorry.
It's just a graphical glitch. We intend to fix it soon, though.

After typing in "/ladder Big boiiiiiiiii
" (empty line on purpose, but made by accident)
this happened:
I guess this isn't supposed to react like that. (If you don't do that empty line, it just works normal)

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-182103083

I had this match with Sefrox99 for testing purposes and I think there's a bug or 2 in here.
For 1: I have a Mew with Metronome in 4 moveslots. I used 1 'slot' up fully. I had 0 PP left on the first one. I tried to use it the turn after I ran out and it said I had no more PP left. Yet I didn't struggle. I don't know if this is something Custom Game related, but I am pretty sure it should have let me struggle.

For 2: Even though my opponent had Pressure it did not make me use 2 PP per turn. As you saw it took 16 turns for me to run out of Metronome instead of 8. I don't know if this is a Metronome mechanic or anything, but I felt like sharing it.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
For 2: Even though my opponent had Pressure it did not make me use 2 PP per turn. As you saw it took 16 turns for me to run out of Metronome instead of 8. I don't know if this is a Metronome mechanic or anything, but I felt like sharing it.
Pressure only works on attacking moves like Fire Blast or Earthquake, it doesn't work on moves like WoW or SD.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-182103083

I had this match with Sefrox99 for testing purposes and I think there's a bug or 2 in here.
For 1: I have a Mew with Metronome in 4 moveslots. I used 1 'slot' up fully. I had 0 PP left on the first one. I tried to use it the turn after I ran out and it said I had no more PP left. Yet I didn't struggle. I don't know if this is something Custom Game related, but I am pretty sure it should have let me struggle.

For 1, that's what happens in-game. Here are some logs from when I tested it:
<Marty> alright so just to confirm that multiple copies of a move does not result in infinite PP: it doesn't; it actually does something more interesting
<Marty> you may click on any copy of the move and it will use a PP from the first such slot
<Marty> once the PP from that slot is depleted, all subsequent clicks of the move will result in 'But there was no PP left for the move!' messages
<V4> :o
<Marty> so all the other move copies will remain at full PP, but are totally unusable
<Marty> also interesting: once you deplete the PP of your other moves, you won't Struggle normally, you'll be forced to click a move copy and do nothing useful
For 2, this is actually a bug, but only when Metronome calls a move that actually targets the Pokemon with Pressure (and only if the Pokemon with Pressure is not an ally).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)