Official MLB 2012 Season Thread

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
The Mets have a habit of flying people around when they shouldn't. A lot of fans here in New York are still pissed at how they handled Willie Randolph flying him all the way to Anaheim just to fire him. Its a big if but I hope this starting rotation can stay healthy because I really think its decent. Dickey actually had a string of about 14 quality starts before that start in Atlanta a few nights ago, Gee pitched well last year and has had some quality starts this year, and Niese actually pitched well again tonight against the Giants. Pelfrey is the only one that scares me.
tonight's game was an offensive failure. still, if the Mets can put runners on like they have, they will score enough runs to be in the upper half of the league. this, of course, hinges on Davis and Duda not being useless at the plate like they are now.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol, SSS. the Nationals have a #1 in Strasburg and a good #3 in Gio Gonzalez if he doesn't walk the ballpark in a given start. Jordan Zimmermann is overrated, Edwin Jackson is a #4, and who do you have left? Ross Detwiler? Tom Gorzelanny? let's also not forget Strasburg is on a hard innings cap, as well. the Nats aren't going anywhere with that and the rest of their starters.
Zimmerman is a solid 2-3 guy, and Gonzalez is a solid #2, does your #2 have to win 20 games or something? Not everyone can have a rotation like Philly. Also, he was an all-star in the AMERICAN LEAGUE with a 3.12 ERA. #5 is shaky, but Detweiler is young still, and he was a high pick who has shown real improvement recently.

and their team era? lol, thus far the Nats have played 7 of their 14 games against the Cubs and Astros, the two consensus worst teams in the NL (and by far the worst offenses as well). they've had a cakewalk schedule.
Yeah, we've played a bad schedule, and I'm not saying we've arrived per se, but I will say that you're definitely wrong about our shaky pitching staff. But with Morse out, our batting is going to be shaky, though at least Werth is playing decently.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
So how about them Rangers? Best team in the MLB if you count the current short season and their track record of the past 2 seasons :). Wearing my Darvish jersey and Rangers cap proudly and wherever I can!

Ps I think the Nationals are legit good!! That division is gonna be a lot more up for grabs then people think. The Marlins will finish last imo, you heard it here first!

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Rangers are still really good but they haven't done anything to indicate they're ready to take the final step yet. If anything they've gotten worse since last year.

With that said, I wish I had the Rangers fans' problems right now. I can't stand this year's Red Sox team and I think I can explain why using only one picture:

...we're boned

Zimmerman is a solid 2-3 guy, and Gonzalez is a solid #2, does your #2 have to win 20 games or something? Not everyone can have a rotation like Philly. Also, he was an all-star in the AMERICAN LEAGUE with a 3.12 ERA. #5 is shaky, but Detweiler is young still, and he was a high pick who has shown real improvement recently.
AMERICAN LEAGUE OH MY GOD..

Understand context, he was an above average pitcher with good K potential but he walks way to many, he played his home games in Oakland, where its near impossible to hit homers.

edit - sorry for the double, addressing two different things quickly

aamto

former Met great Phillip Humber with the perfect game. of course it's a former Met.

good for him! don't think Brendan Ryan swung at that last pitch, though. if only there was a way to review close calls. possibly through the use of video replay technology...nah, who am i kidding? that's just not possible.

If Brendan Ryan would have ran out the dropped third strike instead of bitching to the umpire, the prefect game would have been blown and the next guy maybe would have ended the no-no.

And I'm still a Cubs fan. So how 'bout that Maholm today against the Reds? Classic Paulie....

former Met great Phillip Humber with the perfect game. of course it's a former Met.

good for him! don't think Brendan Ryan swung at that last pitch, though. if only there was a way to review close calls. possibly through the use of video replay technology...nah, who am i kidding? that's just not possible.
I remember he had some awful injury with the Mets and never truly recovered from it while he was with the Mets. I think I've come to terms with this team never getting a pitcher who throws a no-hitter.

I love how the Mets still haven't scored any runs for Johan Santana. How about that Marlins bullpen, 4 straight walks by 4 different relievers and the Mets plated a run to tie the game and the run was charged to Josh Johnson who looked like he wanted to vomit watching the whole ordeal.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Red Sox win 4 straight to get near .500, theyre regaining confidence against bad Central teams,

Carl Crawford is out for at least 3 months,

things are finally looking up for the Red Sox

The Nats are calling up Bryce Harper. Seems early because he isn't exactly blowing up in AAA but Zimmerman is on the 15 day DL and Harper could bat like .100 and still be better than some of the guys playing now.

aamto

quick, where were you guys when Bryce Harper the CHOSEN PHENOM BASEBALL GOD debuted?

i was in my room watching the AB on TV.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Last day of April, we'll see if Albert Pujols either smacks his first home run as an Angel today, or Harper or Trout get their first home run first before Pujols ever gets one again. Thanks Pujols for relieving the financial burden from the Cardinals.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Anyone think the Orioles are any good? I've seen a ton of articles pop up on ESPN about them and it's really starting to freak me out.

I've watched most of their games and it seems to me like they're getting...some good luck. But then again for the past few years (like fourteen lol) I've always had an impending sense of doom.

Not really a big supporter for the O's desoite their early success. They have some hope for the future with their crazy wicked draftpick Dylan Bundy, but I don't think they have all it takes to pursue through this hot streak in th AL East.

I'd say they are this years version of the Pirates last year. They might hang in, but will fall out of favor easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)