VGC Zoroark/Nasty Plot VGC Team

Zoroark/Nasty Plot VGC Team

Introduction

Hello, guys! My name is MSBCOOL, and I present to you, my team! I am quite new to competitive battling, so I need some criticism here. This team is based around Zoroark, which isn't a Pokemon used quite often in competitive battles, but still is a great Pokemon! He has great Special Attack and is quite speedy. His signature ability Illusion is a great one, in my opinion.

My Team

Zoroark @ Lum Berry
Ability: Illusion
Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Zoroark is the main focus of this team. His Special Attack stat is off the wall and Speed stat great, as well. Traditionally, you would have been running Life Orb on him, but since Paralysis cripples him, Lum berry cures that problem. Dark Pulse is preferred over Night Daze as Night Daze reveals his identity. Focus Blast wrecks Tyrannitar, a commonly used Pokemon

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Magical Leaf
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Roserade is a great partner for Zoroark as it resists Zoroark's main weaknesses. I use Magical Leaf over Leaf Storm as it doesn't get a Special Attack drop and is boosted by Technician and can't miss. Sleep Powder is to put opponent's Pokemon to sleep to make it easier for Roserade and teammates to dispatch Pokemon.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice is always a great move to have as it breaks substitutes and the damage to all opposing Pokemon. Mega Altaria has a great typing having 7 resistances and an immunity. Full HP investment allows for Altaria to take a couple of hits quite nicely. Cloud Nine can remove weather upon switching in, which is really a handy tool.

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide

Metagross is an awesome Pokemon to have. It's a pseudo-legendary which are really awesome to have on your team. It also checks Fairy types, which are trouble to Zoroark. I prefer Meteor Mash over Iron Head as it has better base power and a nice chance to lower foe's attack. Ice Punch takes out Garchomp and Landorus. Rock Slide is an unexpected move on Metagross. It takes out Flying-types, such as Talonflame quite nicely.

Noivern @ Focus Sash
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Tailwind
- Super Fang
- Taunt

I was starting to notice a weakness to Earthquake, so I needed a Flying-type. Noivern isn't a commonly used Pokemon, at least in the VGC. Boomburst does mass amounts of damage. Tailwind is a nice utility move to have. Super Fang halves the enemy's health in half, regardless of Defense. Taunt can shut down Dragon Dancers such as Gyarados.

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Friend Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Follow Me
- Protect
- Tickle
- Icy Wind

I chose Clefairy over Clefable because of Eviolite and Friend Guard. Follow Me allows Zoroark to use Nasty Plot. Protect is to avoid double-targeting. Tickle allows for other Pokemon to take a few more hits, while Icy Wind forces Pokemon out.

Conclusion

This was an awesome team to make and test out in Showdown. I'm pretty happy about this team, though I'm sure there's room for improvement. Please tell me how I can improve this team. I appreciate that you read this and I hope you enjoy! Thanks in advance!

Pastebin:http://pastebin.com/KtLbCiWP

hi.

unfortunately this team is quite unviable in the current VGC metagame, lacking restricted pokemon and proper checks to big metagame threats. as such, rating this team would just be me changing everything to something more viable. taking a look at the VGC '16 Viability Rankings to get a better idea of what's good right now and what isn't.

i don't have much more to say. good luck on future building expeditions.

hi.

unfortunately this team is quite unviable in the current VGC metagame, lacking restricted pokemon and proper checks to big metagame threats. as such, rating this team would just be me changing everything to something more viable. taking a look at the VGC '16 Viability Rankings to get a better idea of what's good right now and what isn't.

i don't have much more to say. good luck on future building expeditions.
I see. Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

Then it's a different tag and therefore a completely different game to the current VGC. This team doesnt stand up to Primals.

But as they aren't a factor, head over to the Battle Spot section. We've got a good crowd over there. Change the tag and you'll probably get someones' attention for some actual feedback.

Then it's a different tag and therefore a completely different game to the current VGC. This team doesnt stand up to Primals.

But as they aren't a factor, head over to the Battle Spot section. We've got a good crowd over there. Change the tag and you'll probably get someones' attention for some actual feedback.
Alright, then. I'll check it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)